I'm watching you, Jibbs...
Spoiler:
TpAWanN.jpg

...always watching...
ShW5gi5.jpg

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Jibs is good people. He was just messin around lol.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Jibs is good people. He was just messin around lol.

I like Jibbs. I wish this thread could have been left alone from going that direction, though. Jim did specifically ask that. This was one I was sharing with my kids - threads like that are few and far between on NG. It's cool when I can share with them why I spend some of my free time here. However, i'm not ready to explain to my 6 yo what fellatio is.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I edited my post only because I'm not here to create bad blood with other forum regulars whom I respect. For the record though, that picture still makes me laugh like a hyena.

The-Best-Elf-On-The-Shelf-Ideas-6.jpg

Last edited:

mjmjr25

10 Year Member
I don't do facebook, don't have a cell phone, this is literally my only social site - my only presence online - at all. I don't see a problem with a specific request from a member to keep one thread PG; when the member making the request is the OP and it's a brand new thread.

If someone went into an existing thread, like post a pic of yourself or something and told people to keep it family friendly - then i'd hold the same position as you.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Have fun, y'all.

I've removed the foul language from quotes& posts. I apologize for the shots I took-and the thinness of my skin.

Last edited:

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
My niece was into this until she was about 6. My mother is convinced that she did this when my brother and I were growing up, which is WILDLY untrue.

I never would have paid attention, or most likely wouldn't have cared.

I was a sad child.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I'm putting this here, because Mike mj isn't on FB, and some other dads like loegan are sure to appreciate it.

Christmas has always been so very hard for me...I've never spent one with both of my bio parents. I'm trying my best to get my mental health in order, and recently quit smoking...I drop and do 22 push-ups whenever I feel the urge to smoke.

I'm not sure what state my home life will be in after the new year. There is a sever lack of good will in my cypher atm, and I fail often and grandly at being the husband and father I want to be...and dream of what it would've been like to have in my life as a youth.

I hope this next bit after the ****break**** helps solve the Santa conundrum-I really though it was beautiful. Source unknown.

For any parents who want a great way to handle the Santa lie. This is great!

"In our family, we have a special way of transitioning the kids from receiving from Santa, to becoming a Santa. This way, the Santa construct is not a lie that gets discovered, but an unfolding series of good deeds and Christmas spirit.

When they are 6 or 7, whenever you see that dawning suspicion that Santa may not be a material being, that means the child is ready.
I take them out "for coffee" at the local wherever. We get a booth, order our drinks, and the following pronouncement is made:
“You sure have grown an awful lot this year. Not only are you taller, but I can see that your heart has grown, too. [ Point out 2-3 examples of empathetic behavior, consideration of people's feelings, good deeds etc, the kid has done in the past year]. In fact, your heart has grown so much that I think you are ready to become a Santa Claus.

You probably have noticed that most of the Santas you see are people dressed up like him. Some of your friends might have even told you that there is no Santa. A lot of children think that, because they aren't ready to BE a Santa yet, but YOU ARE.

Tell me the best things about Santa. What does Santa get for all of his trouble? [lead the kid from "cookies" to the good feeling of having done something for someone else]. Well, now YOU are ready to do your first job as a Santa!"
Make sure you maintain the proper conspiratorial tone.

We then have the child choose someone they know--a neighbor, usually. The child's mission is to secretly, deviously, find out something that the person needs, and then provide it, wrap it, deliver it--and never reveal to the target where it came from. Being a Santa isn't about getting credit, you see. It's unselfish giving.

My oldest chose the "witch lady" on the corner. She really was horrible--had a fence around the house and would never let the kids go in and get a stray ball or Frisbee. She'd yell at them to play quieter, etc--a real pill. He noticed when we drove to school that she came out every morning to get her paper in bare feet, so he decided she needed slippers. So then he had to go spy and decide how big her feet were. He hid in the bushes one Saturday, and decided she was a medium. We went to Kmart and bought warm slippers. He wrapped them up, and tagged it "merry Christmas from Santa." After dinner one evening, he slipped down to her house, and slid the package under her driveway gate. The next morning, we watched her waddle out to get the paper, pick up the present, and go inside. My son was all excited, and couldn't wait to see what would happen next. The next morning, as we drove off, there she was, out getting her paper--wearing the slippers. He was ecstatic. I had to remind him that NO ONE could ever know what he did, or he wouldn't be a Santa.

Over the years, he chose a good number of targets, always coming up with a unique present just for them. One year, he polished up his bike, put a new seat on it, and gave it to one of our friend's daughters. These people were and are very poor. We did ask the dad if it was ok. The look on her face, when she saw the bike on the patio with a big bow on it, was almost as good as the look on my son's face.

When it came time for Son #2 to join the ranks, my oldest came along, and helped with the induction speech. They are both excellent gifters, by the way, and never felt that they had been lied to--because they were let in on the Secret of Being a Santa."

This is not mine, but was shared in a private group. I was given permission to share as the lady that shared is not the original poster, and she cannot find the original source.

I sincerely wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

As ever,

~Jim

Last edited:

Evan

Fio's Quartermaster
My cousin's are obsessed with this thing. Every Christmas when I go and meet my extended family this is all they tall about. It's sad because they are 12

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
6262bfe3cde8a718a20dab7aaec585ce.jpg

Dolly w/ the Will Ferrell spaghetti recipe.

I'm not one for wasting food...but this spag was leftover and about to turn anyway.

Recipe:

-spaghetti
-maple syrup
-chocolate syrup
-unrussled jimmies, &/or sprinkle dots

mjmjr25

10 Year Member
Thanks for sharing the above post(s), Jim. I'll ping you privately later.

I think most folks know i'm a practicing Christian and many folks are so up-in-arms that we do Santa Claus. It wasn't an issue for me growing up, it certainly didn't cause me an confusion or moral dilemmas. The people with the questions are generally people who have issues in their own lives and are just generally anti-religion, or anti-Christmas, or anti-everything.

My daughter started to question Santa in 5th grade, and asked us outright in 6th grade. She's now in 8th grade and loves helping out with the various Santa responsibilities. My 6th grade boy is just...the sweetest thing ever. He's like me - he'll believe as an adult; you know, but you still believe in the ideal and go along with everything to fit that ideal. My two youngest will probably have questions around 5th grade too and we'll work through it and it will no doubt be a positive part of their childhood.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
I like this thread! So instead of elf we use my sons dinosaurs they come alive every year and are always around when the christmas magic is high.

The other night my son could not sleep and kept waking my wife and I up. So I set up the dinosaurs near his door. The next day he was so happy he thanked all the dinosaurs for protecting him from his bad dream.

And that is the highlight of my xmas experiences right there.

Ill edit or post and take some pics when I can.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
The Dino pics and story are great!

Here is tonight's Dolly pic. It's too cold to turn on the cabs in the garage, so...
f8ca52fa66fc2e8904173e3561f34ec4.jpg