New SNK logo with sound. A throwback to the NG days.

Sarumaru

Kabuki Klasher
Not too long ago, SNK posted this new logo with sound on one of their YouTube channels.

It's interesting to see them go back to not only their original jingle, but their slogan from the Neo-Geo days "The Future Is Now" as well.

Also, another little interesting tidbit was a twitter post made about a minute ago announcing the SNK History web site. Currently, it only has a placeholder image (pictured below) that simply reads "The beginning of a new history. A newly born SNK begins".

View attachment 40986

The site is located here: https://www.snk-corp.co.jp/snk-history/

The twitter post with the announcement simply states "An SNK History Site that traces the history of SNK has been released. Please look forward to it."

Yeah, curiosity piqued for sure....

Attachments

• SNKhistory.png
    SNKhistory.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 412
Last edited:

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Loved that new style old jingle it has a nice mix of audio and visual flair back to the old but with a bit of a twist.

Day_Man

Hardened Shock Trooper
I dig the reverb. Lets hope they keep up the momentum.

Dahun72

NEST Puppet
Loving the fact that they know they have a user base that loves their history and games and embracing it. Hope they don't run out of money!!!

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Wonder if we get good games out of this.

poodude

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Looks like they got the full history on there. I google translated it into engrish language, but still pretty interesting. This pic is pretty awesome, I wonder who dressed up as him?

histthumb_139b.jpg

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
Well, that's something to be excited about!
Love the history website, it's clean, beautiful and has a lot of cool images like the one linked above. Too bad the NGPocket section is kind of lacking in comparison with the others. Would love to read a non-automatic translation of it.
Hopefully, this "new beginning" remembering the past leads to some of our favorite franchises being revived with some love.

DracoBlade

Cham Cham's Banana
THE FUTURE IS NOW BABY...got too excited.

Really now, revamping the logo byway of building from pixels into HD is a surefire way to get fans hyped (and hard...can't only be me?).

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Anybody else wondering why they chose Neo Geo Battle Coliseum as the place holder pic? Other then it has a lot of different characters, it makes me wonder if they're going to do anything with that license or at least port it again. Granted the 360 was mostly a flop.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Anybody else wondering why they chose Neo Geo Battle Coliseum as the place holder pic?

because SNK is superpoor and can't afford anything new

when was the last game they made that wasn't a sequel?

that could be a thread on its own, whether you'd like to see SNK churning out games based on old IPs or something new.

edit: holy christ NGBC came out 11 years ago. wow.

Last edited:

Samuray

Another Striker
10 Year Member
Looks like they got the full history on there. I google translated it into engrish language, but still pretty interesting. This pic is pretty awesome, I wonder who dressed up as him?

View attachment 40990

Whoa whoa whoa.....who's that???!!

I've been meaning to ask this for a while now.....who's that creepy mask guy in the taxi at the beginning of "Fatal Fury", and he's also in the background of the Dream Amusement Park / Raiden stage. Who or what is that....???

On topic: Very awesome jingle, I love it :)

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Loving the fact that they know they have a user base that loves their history and games and embracing it. Hope they don't run out of money!!!

+1

i hope i'm right about this good feeling i'm getting. a lot of people seem to be enjoying kof14 more than sfv. i hope snk only gets better.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
when was the last game they made that wasn't a sequel? that could be a thread on its own, whether you'd like to see SNK churning out games based on old IPs or something new.

That's not that bad of an idea actually.

The Rhythm of Fighters, KOF Sky Stage, Beast Busters, Kimi no Yusha

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
it's all right. the pixel art-SNK logo is a bit naff though.
if SNK want to do it right, they can, no doubt about it. but they have to be ballsy about it.

dragonpt

Over Top Auto Mechanic
10 Year Member
That's cool

I guess playmore is really gone now

Javic

n00b
Maybe a new console? Something like what they did with the AES... a console thats lightyears ahead of its time ;)
should be a good timing now that ps4 and x1 can barely do 30 fps on new games

Heres hoping!!!

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Coming soon: The Neo Geo Advanced Entertainment System mini!

Please No, Leave the Neo-Geo alone already. It's the one system that I wish they wouldn't fuck with.

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
I'd personally love a remake of Fatal Fury Special with the 3D engine of KOF XIV but with the run & step feature of NG Battle Coliseum, KOF dodge feature, and FF2 line sway. Lots of chracters from MVS games like Burning Fight, etc. THAT would be a game that would celebrate the NGs history and be perfect to play.

Waverider2049

Kula's Candy
Let's just hope they aren't just changing things for the nostalgia factor and hope to ride it out on that alone. We all know that won't work and they will fail once again.