Midwest Gaming Classic 2017

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
This will be my 2nd time attending MGC.
NeoGeo is the only "cart" based system I collect for now-a-days. Hope to add at least one new title to the collection at the show ��

I picked up two last year. A Bang 2 Busters, and Aero Fighters 3.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
I'll be there as usual - dragging shit up for the museum and everything.

the question is - do I bring it?
Spoiler:

If that's the "it" i'm thinking of (pretty sure that's the same "it" that cdamm was telling me the story of) then fuck yes bring it. Why would that even be a question?

demirichris

Hardened Shock Trooper
I'll be there y'all. Really looking forward to it.

We'll be taking SKYCURSER pre-orders for home kits this year.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
If that's the "it" i'm thinking of (pretty sure that's the same "it" that cdamm was telling me the story of) then fuck yes bring it. Why would that even be a question?

thats the 'it', bubz.

also quan and my tables are next to each other (for optimum spooning). first row in the vendor hall. basically if you go in there you pretty much have to pass us if you want to say hi.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
thats the 'it', bubz.

also quan and my tables are next to each other (for optimum spooning). first row in the vendor hall. basically if you go in there you pretty much have to pass us if you want to say hi.

Thought that was the right 'it', was just too tired to properly recall the exact one you were talking about...

Was chatting with Jon & Ope about MGC a couple days ago as I'm trying to figure out how things'd work if I can make it. Obviously the main hotel is all booked up. But Jon was saying there is a lot of parking lots around it if I was going to stay elsewhere. Ope basically said the parking sucks just like you'd told me. Probably just stay elsewhere, rent a car, and deal with the parking if I make it.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Thought that was the right 'it', was just too tired to properly recall the exact one you were talking about...

Was chatting with Jon & Ope about MGC a couple days ago as I'm trying to figure out how things'd work if I can make it. Obviously the main hotel is all booked up. But Jon was saying there is a lot of parking lots around it if I was going to stay elsewhere. Ope basically said the parking sucks just like you'd told me. Probably just stay elsewhere, rent a car, and deal with the parking if I make it.

Stay elsewhere, take uber, win!

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
well I'm not sure y'all want to see that silliness.
I am currently sitting on a fridge full of Nebraska's Finest Stout that I'll be bringing up with me.

turbosage

Zero's Secretary
15 Year Member
well I'm not sure y'all want to see that silliness.
I am currently sitting on a fridge full of Nebraska's Finest Stout that I'll be bringing up with me.

MGC AKA Midwest Stout exchange. I will bring up some Bull falls and Spotted Cow like usual. ;)

Can't wait!!!

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member

I still stand by what I said in chat. The hotel parking lot shouldn't be crowded, if you arrive fairly early. In my 6-7 years of helping out Carlson, we've never had a problem. We typically go out and eat at McDonald's or, whatever, right before the vendor room opens...no problem parking then. But, yeah, you arrive late, plan on leaving to get something to eat or, whatever in the middle of the show, yeah, you might have to walk about the length of a city block to get back in.

The hotel is situated in the middle of a huge shopping area. Malls, restaurants, and various strip malls parking lots spill over into the hotel's parking lot. There will be room.

Jon

PS: Cdamm, Carlson and I may be directly across from you this time.:D

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
yeah the parking situation sucks if you're any kind of not early.
I usually show up on thursday, so I get a free pass, lol.
I recommend if you get a good spot to just not drive anywhere that day and if you need food just walk over to the mall.

Tjanko04

Mr. Big's Thug
First time I'll probably be going this year. Unfortunately, my Saturday is booked up. Think I'll be missing a lot by only going Sunday?

Sunday is still good. Some of the vendors start packing up early (like noon) and many of the good deals will be gone, but there's still plenty to do.

Last edited:

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Sunday is still good. Some of the vendors start packing up early (like noon) and many of the good deals will be gone, but there's still plenty to do.

Best way to get the deals is to become a vendor and walk around while people are still setting up their booths. A TON of sales are done before the show even opens to everyone else.

Jon

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
For those that attended, how'd the convention go?

Tjanko04

Mr. Big's Thug
For those that attended, how'd the convention go?

I'm here right now with the family and having a great time. Just got the Mrs. interested in Wind Jammers in the game room which is great because I just bit the bullet and picked up an Omega here a couple hours ago.

Only thing is, I can't quite swing the money for Arcade Works sticks and I can't find anyone selling other Neo controllers. Blah, may be waiting a bit longer to actually play.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Third year in a row I am busy and will miss this. Damn it. Have fun everyone who is going

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
I'm here right now with the family and having a great time. Just got the Mrs. interested in Wind Jammers in the game room which is great because I just bit the bullet and picked up an Omega here a couple hours ago.

Only thing is, I can't quite swing the money for Arcade Works sticks and I can't find anyone selling other Neo controllers. Blah, may be waiting a bit longer to actually play.

Nice! That's one reason I wish I had gone. Is he stocking the sticks again? I was hoping he'd start selling them again.

Tjanko04

Mr. Big's Thug
Nice! That's one reason I wish I had gone. Is he stocking the sticks again? I was hoping he'd start selling them again.

I know he's at least got one here that will go back into stock along with the remaining two Omegas that he brought to the show.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Fuck it. I'm going to this next year. Every year I see all the posts, and get jelly. Next year I'm figuring it out.

Anybody see the Nintendo Playstation prototype there? I thought I heard Ben Heck got it fixed up in time for the show.

Tjanko04

Mr. Big's Thug
Fuck it. I'm going to this next year. Every year I see all the posts, and get jelly. Next year I'm figuring it out.

Anybody see the Nintendo Playstation prototype there? I thought I heard Ben Heck got it fixed up in time for the show.

Yup.

IMG_20170409_141624760-1336x752.jpgIMG_20170409_141633914_TOP-1336x752.jpg

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
My convention ended with driving an undisclosed neo member to the hospital.

Spoiler:
don't worry. He's fine.

I tried to take a picture of it in the case, but "the dad" stopped me.

Spoiler:
He took it out, handed it to me and took a picture for me. I was mortified to be holding a priceless artifact. WP_20170408_18_25_30_Pro_LI (3).jpg