Marvel vs. Capcom 4 Possibly Coming in 2017?

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
No mutants, and new characters from the MCU.

I hope they include all the new, awful post-secret wars/civil war II versions of characters.

johhnnyD14

Hardened Shock Trooper
i'm interested, id like it to be 2d again. not holding out much hope for that though.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member

I hope they include all the new, awful post-secret wars/civil war II versions of characters.

This is likely what we're going to get, because we all know the audiences Marvel is trying to reach with those changes will spend money on this game. Like they did with Street Fighter V.....

Last edited:

Hikaru Ichijyo

Thundercock,

I picked up the main SW series but not the Battleworld stuff nor did I look at the CWII stuff at all. I'm aware of them taking another stab at the She-Hulk being "savage" and X-23 becoming the new Wolverine but what else have they done beyond that? I'm more of a DC guy and don't venture to that side of pond very often.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I picked up the main SW series but not the Battleworld stuff nor did I look at the CWII stuff at all. I'm aware of them taking another stab at the She-Hulk being "savage" and X-23 becoming the new Wolverine but what else have they done beyond that? I'm more of a DC guy and don't venture to that side of pond very often.

New iterations of mainline characters (Dr. Doom is an Iron Man now while a 15 year old girl is Tony Stark's Iron Man, Cap. America (steve rogers) is back, but works for HYDRA, needless shit like that). They merged the multiverses into 1 continuity, more or less.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Can't say too much high level gameplay wise, but personally I didn't like MvC3. My hopes were high because I adore MvC2 on the DC but not being a fan of "2.5D pseudo 3D ultimate moves galore" I was not in the MvC3 fan corner - also I did prefer the roster of MvC2.
As for 4 - let's see. What I expect is a Street Fighter V like appearance which I prefer to SFIV so lets hope for the best.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I hated Street Fighter IV, MVC3, SFxT, and Street Fighter V so hope is about as low as it gets

I did enjoy Tatsunoko, though, strangely enough

Hikaru Ichijyo

Thundercock,
New iterations of mainline characters (Dr. Doom is an Iron Man now while a 15 year old girl is Tony Stark's Iron Man, Cap. America (steve rogers) is back, but works for HYDRA, needless shit like that). They merged the multiverses into 1 continuity, more or less.

Ooooh...I gotcha. I've seen the teen girl being Iron Man and saw a picture of Doom looking half Iron Man. I know of the whole Cap being a Hydra mole via the interwebs. Yeah...all of that stuff you listed just screams creative bankruptcy and mostly why I've stayed away from Marvel.

The only thing I've been getting from them is issues of the new Spider-Woman series and even then only if I find them in the $1 bins at comic shops.

As far as the game goes, I have to imagine we'll have Cap Falcon, Jane Foster Thor, Miles Morales Spider-Man, Ms. Marvel, and a bunch of other current stuff that probably won't be around in 10 years time. :p

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Nope, last good Vs game was Marvel vs Capcom 1...

It got ridiculous when they went with 3v3 teams & change to 4 button attack. Being able to abuse your assist attack w/ characters, which led to a lot of characters being useless & never being used.

The only good thing about the new Mahvel games is that its pretty hype to watch even if you dont play the game.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
If it looks like TvC or XRD, I'll bite.

If it looks like MvC3 or V...I'll pass.

*if it it Sprite based, or pixel skinned wire models & zoom perfected ala XII, I'll be over the moon.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
I hated Street Fighter IV, MVC3, SFxT, and Street Fighter V so hope is about as low as it gets

I did enjoy Tatsunoko, though, strangely enough

tatsunoko vs capcom felt like more of a true sequel to mvc than mvc3 did. i didn't like mvc3 and street fighter 4,5 my self. but i think mvc4 would be more like mvc3 or worse. probably worse.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
Hope for the best with fingers crossed...

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
If it looks like TvC or XRD, I'll bite.

If it looks like MvC3 or V...I'll pass.

*if it it Sprite based, or pixel skinned wire models & zoom perfected ala XII, I'll be over the moon.

ditto ditto ditto

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
can we finally get an updated 2D Morrigan sprite

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Too soon. They should put all their focus on SFV. Do they have any other series at the moment other than SF and Monster Hunter?

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
Let's have a list of characters we would like to see in this game. I would like to see the following included in the roster.

Star Lord
Ms. Marvel
Loki
Winter Soldier
Black Panther
Ant-Man
Tech Romancer Robots
Power Stone characters

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
how you guys like Tatsunoko VS Capcom

I am still enjoying this game. It's the only game I currently have for my Wii. It would be nice to have this roster as well in the coming MvC4 game, but I highly doubt it could happen.

The art style is good, and solid game play to boot!

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Damn I really hope the "no x-men" rumor isn't true. I was really hoping to see Psylocke return to the roster.

Hoping Gene from God Hand and Asura from Asura's Wrath can make it in too...along with the entire cast of Darkstalkers if we're making wishes here.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member

I thought they only merged the standard 616 and the ultimate universe?

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Too soon. They should put all their focus on SFV. Do they have any other series at the moment other than SF and Monster Hunter?

SFV was a massive flop as far as sales go. They need to move on from it sooner rather than later. Perhaps release something that approaches a complete game next time around.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
To those of you hoping that the game will be 2-D sprite based:

You will be disappointed