GRADIUS or LIFE FORCE

public poll fuckheads

• Total voters

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Gradius 2 > Salamander > Gradius 1
I'd agree with this. Gradius 1 needs real boss fights (understandable given 1985, but if we're going to compare than we're going to compare). Salamander has some neat stuff in it, some of which remains unique to it such as vertical levels. Gradius 2 is an excellent continuation of the two and really pulls it all together, with a good mix of new and old.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Yeah, Gradius 2 is my favorite of the series. The boss fights are nuts, especially at the end.

Bardoly

n00b
Of these, I'll have to go with Life Force. I just loved playing it 2-player with a friend as a child.

xorthen

Banned
Gradius because I can actually beat it on the NES. Life force just destroys me.

CrystalCore

Crazed MVS Addict
I might be biased, given my username, but I like Gradius.

:glee::glee:

I'm probably also in the minority by saying I like Gradius III, despite its legendary difficulty.

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
Gradius II. Currently digging the difficulty curve in the Famicom version. Hope to pony up the cash for the PCE port in the future.

NIPPLE LAZER

CrystalCore

Crazed MVS Addict
Gradius II. Currently digging the difficulty curve in the Famicom version. Hope to pony up the cash for the PCE port in the future.

NIPPLE LAZER

Nipple lazers? That sounds more like something out of its cousin Parodius Da or Gokujyou Parodius.