Akihabara : A Japanese style bar/arcade

neogeogod

Crazed MVS Addict
15107481_343496242684933_5613430081763218496_n.jpg

Just wanted to post this up here since these forums have been a giant impact on me and my enthusiasm for arcades and Japanese culture.
I got sick of my day to day routine and wanted to start something new and different. I hope you all like the concept and approve and if you're ever in Denver or are in Denver already stop by please and enjoy.

Game list and other basic info on the Facebook page.

Www.facebook.com/Akihabaraarcade

Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
What about the cost/benefit ratio estimates? The electricity bill alone could be a game breaker... still, congrats on your nostalgic utopia!

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Just those arcade machines I see in the picture (around 20) are around $7 a day running for 12 hours if they each use 200 watts on average.

I would be more worried about the AC cooling.

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
I'll swing by and check it out for sure. Denver already has two amazing arcades for pinball and classics so will be great to check out another with a different style.

MySoberCompanion

Formerly the Drunk, known as Tyrandom.,
It's wonderful, but in real Akihabara you can't ever imagine so much space...

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Nice set of cabs and setup you've got there! Good luck with the grand opening. :buttrock:

West

Mr. Big's Thug
Congrats on the opening and beautiful lineup of cabs. Combine that with a little recreational weed dispensary and game fucking on. If I'm ever in Denver I'll definitely be stopping by.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Ask the "Sacks" to make an episode of your place. It'll widespread quick ;)

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Now THIS is awesome! Atro is right. Do a walk-through video of this place and get it up on youtube quick. Would love to support this place!

grandmascrack

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I'll be heading to Denver sometime in the next few months. I'll definitely swing by to check the place out!

Out of curiosity - is everything set to free play or do the games require tokens/quarters/etc?

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I love the concept, but you might consider removing the anime girl from the logo. If you make the image too Japankphile-y, you risk pigeonholing your customer base. You want it to seem cool for anyone to visit. I think Up-Down Minneapolis here has got the right formula.

But that's just me though. I'm often way off when predicting other people. Best of luck with it.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
im flying into denver this week. might try to stop by.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
There looks to be too much open floor space to have a truly authentic Japanese feel.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
that is awesome, i will def check it out when i visit Denver. Red eyes and all

potetoboy

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
congrats! the spot looks awesome, will definitely stop by if I'm in Denver