Thread: Sony PVM-20M4U

JammaNationX

Sony PVM-20M4U

Anyone here have one of these?

Are you able to play MK1-4 on it or any Midway PCB that has the 53hz sync rate?

A friend just picked one up and the picture keeps rolling slowly.

Raiden's Valet

I have a 20M2U, and from what I can tell the M4U differs only in the resolution of the tube (horizontally; TV lines) and the 20M4U's separate H and V focus knobs. If I come across a Midway PCB, I'll see if my 20M2 accepts it.

You might have luck adjusting the V hold in both the user menu and service menus.

JammaNationX

Quote Originally Posted by mikejmoffitt View Post
    I have a 20M2U, and from what I can tell the M4U differs only in the resolution of the tube (horizontally; TV lines) and the 20M4U's separate H and V focus knobs. If I come across a Midway PCB, I'll see if my 20M2 accepts it.

You might have luck adjusting the V hold in both the user menu and service menus.
    Any instructions for him to access those menus or are they on a remote?

Raiden's Valet

Quote Originally Posted by Xian Xi View Post
    Any instructions for him to access those menus or are they on a remote?
    Press [Menu], then [Degauss] and [Select] simultaneosly.

When you've changed parameters, [Degauss] twice lets you record the new settings. [Blue Only] twice lets you read back the settings from before you entered service menu.

Chin's Drinking Partner

I know you have probably already tried this, but I had a rolling screen/sync issue with my picky pvm and Raiden II board. What I need to do is boot the game up first, then turn on the tv and if that doesnt work, just turn the tv off and then on again while the game is running. This forces it to finally sync.

JammaNationX

Quote Originally Posted by ballzdeepx View Post
    I know you have probably already tried this, but I had a rolling screen/sync issue with my picky pvm and Raiden II board. What I need to do is boot the game up first, then turn on the tv and if that doesnt work, just turn the tv off and then on again while the game is running. This forces it to finally sync.
    Cool, I'll have him try that.

Kyokugen's Student

Related, in general with PVM's, I strongly recommend turning on the game pcb before turning on the monitor. I've had power on surges from PCBs mess up sync on my PVMs before if the monitor was sitting on while the supergun or whatever was fired up. Taito F3 PCBs are the worst with this, especially with the audio POP they send when they boot up. I always turn on the supergun, wait 10-20 seconds, then turn on any audio amp or monitor.

Thread Information