Got a ps4 recently - got a question about Star Wars Battlefront

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Destiny isn't bad. It just gets boring fast unless you have real friends to play it with. That's the only way I can play it really.

The DarkSouls controls are perfect. Just stick with them. Like others said, they grow on you. You will have to use the right and left analog a lot and attack or block at the same time. That just doesn't work with the face buttons. That's why games like halo are dominated by "bumper jumper" controls. They give you more control because you don't have to use the face buttons as much. There will be times when you need to hold the controller in a weird way just to use the face buttons in combat to chug a flask or something, but other than that they are solid.

There's a ton of stuff on PS4. I'm not sure what genre you are interested in but if you dig there's good stuff.

FPS
Destiny
Doom
Wolfenstein

RPG/ strategy
FF XV
Grand Kingdom
Trails of Cold Steel
Sword Art online games
Natural Doctrine

Fighting

GG XRD
BlazeBlue

Action RPG
Dark Souls II & III
Bloodborne
Odin Sphere
Skyrim HD

Others
Resident Evil reMakes
Last Guardian is dropping in a few days
God Eater Burst Resurrection

There's actually so much stuff now that I know I will never finish it all this gen.

Last edited:

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
So bloodborne was $20. Picked it up.

I guess Im ok w the controls in this but is there a checkpoint at the beginning of the game and ONLY at the beginning of the game? I can't find shit other than enough money to buy the single set of armor upgrades and more consumables. My weapons ain't doin' shit to these cats and every time I die I start at the same damn lamp, and can't seem to find another anywhere. Getting kinda sick of running through the same few alleys over and over and over.

If there's a secret stronger gun/sword/whatever that I'm stupidly running by without seeing, please inform me as I'd like to get to at LEAST another damn checkpoint.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
For me the first stage was the hardest. RUN! Seriously, run till you find the first boss. If you can grind a few levels do that too. It will get easier but they throw you in with jack shit. Beat the boss and explore later. He shouldnt be hard if you get a summon.

Dont be scared to run and die. Youre going to have to learn the way there. The whole game wont be like this. I was a FROM vet when I started Bloodborne, and i got my ass handed to me on the first stage till I ran through it. Its short. Run down the long path thats like an alley. Then hang a right across the road to the area with the dogs. Hang a right there and go up the stairs, then you're almost there.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I can't level up. No insight points fuckin' ANYWHERE. Apparently you get em when you beat a boss.

Umm....

I saw this vid that says "try not to die so much and play the same level over and over and over because then it stops giving you blood vials and bullets and just gets harder."

WHAT THE FUCK? Thats now how games work, bitch.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I can't level up. No insight points fuckin' ANYWHERE. Apparently you get em when you beat a boss.

Umm....

I saw this vid that says "try not to die so much and play the same level over and over and over because then it stops giving you blood vials and bullets and just gets harder."

WHAT THE FUCK? Thats now how games work, bitch.

It's been over a year since I played. You may not be able to level. You can just run to the boss in less than a minute. Then it may take a few tries to beat him, less if you get help. He's not that hard. Fighting every enemy, especially the big fat guys, and trying to make it there alive at this point is MUCH harder.

It's going to take some time to get the mechanics down, especially if this is your first FROM game.

Don't attack a single enemy till you meet the dogs ON TOP of the stairs after the guys wondering around with more dogs. Then you are clear to summon, and fight the boss.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Just watch this. Do what he does, but JUST RUN to the boss.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Edit: My bad, I just read you can't level up until you beat the first boss lol

--------

Edit 2: Actually, you don't need to beat the first boss. You just need to face it once by entering the mist door on the bridge. Then, when you return to the Hunter's Dream, you can wake up the doll, which allows you to level up with blood echoes.

--------

You progress by opening short cuts and lighting lamps.

Your first objective would be opening the short cut near the first lamp. Follow the first 45 seconds of this video.

Choosing weapons is just a matter of preference. I completed the whole game using the default clever. Each melee weapon has 2 styles, and you can switch between them by pressing the right analog stick (R3). You can also do a charge attack by holding R2 (best used for stealth kills). You will eventually be able to level up your weapons, but the best way to improve your offence is by leveling up your character's strength.

I suggest trying a couple test fights with the first boss to learn its pattern before attempting to really take it down. Molotov can be very helpful in the fight, but make sure to use it at the right time.

Tips:

- Don't rush, and try to take enemies one at a time (use pebble to lure them)
- If you are having trouble with a specific place: 1) gather experience as safely as you can 2) return to lamp 3) repeat the process until you level up enough times
- If you die, you have one chance to retrieve your lost experience points. Return to the same place you died in. It will be either laying on the ground (red glowing object) or carried by a nearby monster (the monster's head and eyes will be glowing). If you die again before collecting your experience, you loose it for good.
- Some monsters can be stunned by shooting them with the shotgun during their attack animation. Useful but risky technique.

Last edited:

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
killer bloodborne tut

Damn. Bloodborne is HOARD. But I have to say, so far I'm having a blast. I finally did get the hang of the controls and have been doing pretty well since. I will admit I'm a bit of a rage quitter. I will straight up just abandon shit if it starts to annoy the shit outta me. And Bloodborne did in fact annoy the shit out of me for a little bit. I wasn't making much progress, got to the Cleric Beast, was promptly/thoroughly raped many times, and even tried to level up to no avail. Still lots and lots of rape.

And yet, I keep coming back.. WTF Bloodborne!? How you get so up in me? I took a break for a day. Put the game down and figured I'd spent $20 on a coaster.

I decided to start over. Abandon my save game (hadn't beat the cleric, no real progress) and went with the cleaver instead of the cane. I admit the cane is a Gentlebadassman's weapon (and looks sick) but it wasn't helping me progress one bit. So I went with the cleaver and haven't looked back. But yeah, I mean up until now I've probably died over 200 times at least. For real. I'm not a hardcore gamer anymore by _any_ means. Lots and lots of "you have died." When I came back a day later, after a break, all of a sudden I'm some kind of hunter phenom. I'm not saying I can take down the Cleric Beast with zero damage, or zero deaths ha, but I actually took the bitch down and now I can take down the big fat dudes with the brick pretty easily. Small (small, like 3 person) waves of enemies are fodder for my cleaver now. I got the music box and am currently in the "Father Gascoigne gon' take you to browntown" mode, but the last couple times I fought him and lost, I'd taken him down enough to make him transform. I actually saw light at the end of the tunnel before being murdered.

This game is fucking merciless. MERCILESS.

But I gotta admit - I'm having a WAY fun time.

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Damn. Bloodborne is HOARD. But I have to say, so far I'm having a blast. I finally did get the hang of the controls and have been doing pretty well since. I will admit I'm a bit of a rage quitter. I will straight up just abandon shit if it starts to annoy the shit outta me. And Bloodborne did in fact annoy the shit out of me for a little bit. I wasn't making much progress, got to the Cleric Beast, was promptly/thoroughly raped many times, and even tried to level up to no avail. Still lots and lots of rape.

And yet, I keep coming back.. WTF Bloodborne!? How you get so up in me? I took a break for a day. Put the game down and figured I'd spent $20 on a coaster.

I decided to start over. Abandon my save game (hadn't beat the cleric, no real progress) and went with the cleaver instead of the cane. I admit the cane is a Gentlebadassman's weapon (and looks sick) but it wasn't helping me progress one bit. So I went with the cleaver and haven't looked back. But yeah, I mean up until now I've probably died over 200 times at least. For real. I'm not a hardcore gamer anymore by _any_ means. Lots and lots of "you have died." When I came back a day later, after a break, all of a sudden I'm some kind of hunter phenom. I'm not saying I can take down the Cleric Beast with zero damage, or zero deaths ha, but I actually took the bitch down and now I can take down the big fat dudes with the brick pretty easily. Small (small, like 3 person) waves of enemies are fodder for my cleaver now. I got the music box and am currently in the "Father Gascoigne gon' take you to browntown" mode, but the last couple times I fought him and lost, I'd taken him down enough to make him transform. I actually saw light at the end of the tunnel before being murdered.

This game is fucking merciless. MERCILESS.

But I gotta admit - I'm having a WAY fun time.

I'm glad you gave it a second chance and are thoroughly enjoying it.

With Gascoigne use those tombstones to your advantage.