My bad for gloating

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I have had something nagging at my gut lately with this entire election and I believe it is the right thing to rectify it even at the risk of being trolled. People who lost on the left feel really hurt over this stuff, and it's not right for me to be cruel over this election outcome, when for some it represents a major defeat.

For example. I have become more closely understanding of the gay community. I have a friend in it I care dearly for and this election outcome may be a pain to him at some point. If Trump dies and Pence goes in there, who knows what he might do.

Then the mass deportation nonsense that will never be viable in the real world. The comments on Curiel, the dishonesty about punishing Hillary when it sounds like they won't do shit, which is not right. Stephen Bannon, who Ben Shapiro defends as not being anti semitic, but he says that he's vindictive. The guy sounds like and asshole. This is not a trait we need close to a president..

Trump was not right to blanket state things about entire people and I was not right to support that so easily and jump the bandwagon on it. I do like a lot of his positions on trade and other factors, and I get why people feel hurt or hatred towards me from their side. But those rally's incite a type of evil energy to that should be acknowledged. There was some good there also, but you need to check yourself on this to some extent.

This whole season I always felt that the left was full of shit. It was a dark election with divisiveness that is terrible. I am so sick of leftist corruption and I think we all can agree the DNC was a mess. Like I said. I don't wanna harbor hostility towards anyone over this stuff.

We all post here, and the bad behavior on Trumps side is not excusable due to the other factors I like about him. It is up to Trump to make good with all of America. He won the Obama states, he has the poor on his side and he needs to do good by them and not try and hurt innocent people who want a better life. I was complicit in evil by voting for him as well as complicit in the good things I hope he does.

I have not completely lost faith, he's not in yet, but if that cabinet is assembled to just hurt middle eastern americans, or mexicans, it is wrong, and I am sorry to you guys. I want to see how this machine runs when it is erected.

Currently, I thought I'd state this. I am not the type who does well running from what my internal is telling me is right or wrong. I got really excited about the whole thing, and I do feel shitty about how things were handled. When Charlie got mad at me over it I was sort of blown away, but he told me about a experience he had in Israel and I thought about that to. I hope we can all come together again.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
It might just be best to let it die out honestly man, keeping it fresh in everyone's mind isn't going to do any good.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Completely fine. Talk all the shit you guys want. I just had to get this off my chest. Posting that has free'd me to some extent from a sickening feeling I've had for days. It was to me worth doing.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
I want to see how this machine runs when it is erected.

Now this is sig worthy.

==========================================

Good post and thanks for making it. While my views are generally conservative and I have long advocated for a politician to espouse a less interventionist foreign policy; i've had a very hard time rallying around a Trump presidency. (I do see a lot of irony in the Euro and Asian governments chastising Trump for potentially being less involved; where there are routinely polls from their citizenry suggesting that is what they would like).

I won't pretend to know much about Steve Bannon; I don't. Only what i've read recently and most has not been flattering. I know of Sessions only on the periphary and again, some concerning things in his past.

My concern now is that after a great acceptance speech...he's proceeded to act as if he has this incredible mandate. The nation is truly divided; so the idea of going full bore right on all issues is not the mandate; not close. I am hopeful moderates round out the rest of cabinet.

You got trolled pretty good, LWK. Poppy is a good button-pusher and you both had points at times in my opinion; he was definitely getting the reaction he wanted. Hopefully this post can set things back on a good course for you as a member here.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
This kind of humility is rarely seen around here.

Kudos from me, anyway.

Marek

Banned
So sorry not sorry?

If you think the right is any better you're fooling yourself.

Came here to post this.

LWK you're a good person at heart and I recognize this. I'm glad your post here makes you feel better and I definitely think it shows good character.

Fwiw it definitely seems like you're at beginning to be realistic in your outlook, but I still see some naive idealism for trump and the right as being somehow less corrupt and rotten then the "leftists."

The one thing you need to believe is that very few people can be considered hillary supporters. Trump is just a disturbing liability that this country has never had to deal with before. Mocking disabled people? Holy fuck, he's a disturbed human being.

So yeah. Good post, props to you, but I wouldn't expect to get much love until you acknowledge the reality of what the right wing is, and what they represent.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Came here to post this.

LWK you're a good person at heart and I recognize this. I'm glad your post here makes you feel better and I definitely think it shows good character.

Fwiw it definitely seems like you're at beginning to be realistic in your outlook, but I still see some naive idealism for trump and the right as being somehow less corrupt and rotten then the "leftists."

The one thing you need to believe is that very few people can be considered hillary supporters. Trump is just a disturbing liability that this country has never had to deal with before. Mocking disabled people? Holy fuck, he's a disturbed human being.

So yeah. Good post, props to you, but I wouldn't expect to get much love until you acknowledge the reality of what the right wing is, and what they represent.

bloodycelt told you to "scuttle back to the war room" and you let him get away with it.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I am fully aware of the bullshit coming from the right. It's why I voted Kerry on Bush's second run. It'll just feel good to take a break from the leftist labeling and SJW logic stuff. Sort of a 're-balance' you could say. I don't expect any one side to ever be free of dishonesty and corruption. Those things run with human nature.

I think moderate attitudes are necessary depending on location. For example California. I agree with a lot of conservative ideas mostly though. But like I said earlier, conservatism needs to separate itself from religious imperialism. I also feel very liberal on some things. I like amnesty for example, so this is where I don't agree. I'm also for gay marriage and partnerships to be acknowledged. Nobody should tell anyone what they can and cannot do if it makes two people happy. As long as it doesn't hurt anyone, that is nobodies business to be involved in.

Also. It was wrong of me to assume absolutely horribly about the Syrian refugee's or other middle eastern people coming in here. Everyone should have the right to have a shot here and apply for citizenship. I don't know all muslims, just like all muslims do not know me. I realize Shroom and others have had a rough time with this culture shock, but in good conscience I can't just hate a bunch of people I don't know with any validity.

We need leadership, but that should not extend to 'guilty before innocent' assumption thinking. This is not what our legal system is built upon. Rather then target specific people, we should just have legitimate vetting for all applicants. Not human rights abuse vetting.

I actually stretched this further then this site to people I know personally. I shouldn't be gloating about that win because these people I know in some cases are hurting or worried about the status of their families, and here I am dancing around like an ass..

This has been a rough patch up also, and I hope we never have a election cycle this ugly again. These are people who've had my back and been good to me, so in good conscience I cannot just ignore the glaringly evil bullshit on the side I chose. I'll impart optimism, but I won't ignore divisive shit that hurts innocent people. My mentality on those things was wrong and hurtful. I can sit here and grin and smile and post all over, but it doesn't change that, and just ignoring all that isn't who I am.