NEOSD MVS Support thread !

mathieu4d

Crazed MVS Addict
Hey neosd,

I ordered an AES neosd (wich will prolly not be shipped before a week or so if I understood correctly).
I would use to put my hand on the validating software asap to check some stuff and not loose time… however I cant access to the downlad section of your website.
Pushed you a mail on your contact adress regarding that. Can you head me in the right direction here ?
This post is to be sure my mail does not get lost in the limbo ^^

Thanx for your work !

edit : ffs I'm megashock with this post :buttrock:

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Hey neosd,

I ordered an AES neosd (wich will prolly not be shipped before a week or so if I understood correctly).
I would use to put my hand on the validating software asap to check some stuff and not loose time… however I cant access to the downlad section of your website.
Pushed you a mail on your contact adress regarding that. Can you head me in the right direction here ?
This post is to be sure my mail does not get lost in the limbo ^^

Thanx for your work !

edit : ffs I'm megashock with this post :buttrock:

There....

xROTx

neosd

Neosd Developer
Unfortunally the downloads section wont allow download the tools without a valid serial number.

Sceptre_JLRB

Not so MEGA, eh?
Thanks for this new firmware update, NeoSD team! It's working great, good job!

I've noticed two more romsets have been added to NeoBuilder: 'King of the Monsters 2 (Set 2)' (I think this is your peculiar version mentioned some time ago in the main thread, right?) and 'Real Bout Fatal Fury (Korean)' (nice to see that yellow Kim Kaphwan ;)). In addition, 'SvC Chaos Plus 2' and 'SvC Chaos Super Plus' are now fixed with .neo files properly built and working OK.

Just a minor issue I have detected regarding 'SvC Chaos Plus 2': When performing the UniBIOS CRC check (setting: MVS MV-1F with UniBIOS 3.2 Free), the ROM Region appears as 'NG', and then, after the ROM Bank 0 is shown as 'OK', the game automatically re-boots without even finishing the CRC test. (Maybe due to its bootleg condition.)

Other than that, the only minor details that still remain are:

- 'Puzzle de Pon!' shows the snapshot of 'Puzzle de Pon! R' on NeoSD menu.
- 'The King of Fighters '95' is present twice on NeoSD menu, one of them corresponding to the 'Alternate'/'Set 2' version.
- Support for 'KOF 10th Anniversary' (if possible, but it's totally dispensable, though).

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
how can I get the firmware DL if I can't log onto the site?

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
I think by the middle of next week the NeoBuilder is going to need another update. Finally after years of trying it looks like MAME has finally addeded back a roboarmy set and also the alt Korean version of samsho2. It took a long time but I was finally able to forward information showing they needed to be included.

On top of this I arranged the Korean Kof99 that uses a SMA to be forwarded to Brian who has now done the business to it. Brian has probably already submitted it to MAME so all going well it will be in the next MAME also. I'm not totally sure but I guess this may also require a firmware update to get working on the NeoSD given the custom nature of this cart.

My list of known undumped games is slowly shrinking so here it is again. Please check your original carts. I would espicially like to find the Metal Slug 3 at the top of the list.

Code:
Games not in MAME that *FAIL* UNIVERSE BIOS CRC check
-----------------------------------------------------

Metal Slug 3 (encrypted)  ROM REGION - 9763419E  (fail) SMA may be different
Pulster                   ROM REGION - 40BD5336  (fail)
SNK vs Capcom             ROM REGION - 94073c7c  (fail) this is a bootleg
World Heroes              ROM REGION - CE096709  (fail)
Puzzle Bobble             ROM REGION - 3B213B8C6 (fail) crc typo here

Reported Games that have failures (probably cart faults but you never know)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

King of Fighters '98      ROM REGION - BA09784A  (pass)
                          ROM BANK 0 - 1EFA8D4D  (pass)
                          ROM BANK 1 - F1AC3C58  (fail)
                          ROM BANK 2 - 2E72246C  (pass)
                          ROM BANK 3 - 3B014944  (pass)

King of Fighters '2001    ROM REGION - 938175OD  (pass)
                          ROM BANK 0 - 59152D64  (pass)
                          ROM BANK 1 - 73DD4705  (fail)
                          ROM BANK 2 - F92DD3B7  (fail)
                          ROM BANK 3 - AA1BABAD  (pass)

King of Fighters '2002    ROM REGION - 9EDE7323  (pass)
                          ROM BANK 0 - 9E586A5C  (pass)
                          ROM BANK 1 - DD53D452  (pass)
                          ROM BANK 2 - ADC6555F  (pass)
                          ROM BANK 3 - 6EAF9308  (fail)

Last edited:

neodev

Neosd Tech
Thanks for this new firmware update, NeoSD team! It's working great, good job!

I've noticed two more romsets have been added to NeoBuilder: 'King of the Monsters 2 (Set 2)' (I think this is your peculiar version mentioned some time ago in the main thread, right?) and 'Real Bout Fatal Fury (Korean)' (nice to see that yellow Kim Kaphwan ;)). In addition, 'SvC Chaos Plus 2' and 'SvC Chaos Super Plus' are now fixed with .neo files properly built and working OK.

Just a minor issue I have detected regarding 'SvC Chaos Plus 2': When performing the UniBIOS CRC check (setting: MVS MV-1F with UniBIOS 3.2 Free), the ROM Region appears as 'NG', and then, after the ROM Bank 0 is shown as 'OK', the game automatically re-boots without even finishing the CRC test. (Maybe due to its bootleg condition.)

Other than that, the only minor details that still remain are:

- 'Puzzle de Pon!' shows the snapshot of 'Puzzle de Pon! R' on NeoSD menu.
- 'The King of Fighters '95' is present twice on NeoSD menu, one of them corresponding to the 'Alternate'/'Set 2' version.
- Support for 'KOF 10th Anniversary' (if possible, but it's totally dispensable, though).

- About svc plus 2, it's probably because it's using the standard svc bankswitching & protection inside the FPGA, intead of a custom one, and it's writting to an area that is not handled in standard SVC protection.
- Puzzle de pon, unfortunately doesn't have its own screenshot. We will add it in the next firmware update.
- For kof95, NeoBuilder includes now a different name for the other set. Just delete kof95a.neo and rebuild, and it should be named (Alt).

Sceptre_JLRB

Not so MEGA, eh?
- About svc plus 2, it's probably because it's using the standard svc bankswitching & protection inside the FPGA, intead of a custom one, and it's writting to an area that is not handled in standard SVC protection.
- Puzzle de pon, unfortunately doesn't have its own screenshot. We will add it in the next firmware update.
- For kof95, NeoBuilder includes now a different name for the other set. Just delete kof95a.neo and rebuild, and it should be named (Alt).

Thank you very much for your detailed explanations! Also, I'm very happy every issue has been fixed and all users can get the most from NeoSD!

I'll rebuild that kof95a.neo. BTW, are there any other .neo files being renamed under the new NeiBuilder and so needing to be rebuilt in the same way?

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Do we go through the support section on the site to contact you or PM you through the site? probably been answered before, apologies in advance.

edit: same issue as Neodogg.

Last edited:

neosd

Neosd Developer
Do we go through the support section on the site to contact you or PM you through the site? probably been answered before, apologies in advance.

edit: same issue as Neodogg.

Hello,

Just send us an email to contact@neosds....

But i donエt understand, canエt you log into the downloads web app ?
Have you clicked on recovery password there ?

Thanks

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Hello,

Just send us an email to contact@neosds....

But i donエt understand, canエt you log into the downloads web app ?
Have you clicked on recovery password there ?

Thanks

Thanks for the address :)

I have tried the recovery password this morning, it said it sent me an email. I have yet to receive it though and tells me I have to wait 24 hours until retry.

neosd

Neosd Developer
Thanks for the address :)

I have tried the recovery password this morning, it said it sent me an email. I have yet to receive it though and tells me I have to wait 24 hours until retry.

Hello,

You can retry, this 24h text is something wrote by default ...

Thanks

Sceptre_JLRB

Not so MEGA, eh?
Maybe quite obvious, but are you sure your NeoSD has been shipped? Take into account that your e-mail is only registered at the website only when this is done (if I'm not wrong).

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Maybe quite obvious, but are you sure your NeoSD has been shipped? Take into account that your e-mail is only registered at the website only when this is done (if I'm not wrong).

NeoSD has sent me a password reset link for the downloads section. I understand I can't download anything without registering the cart but good to have sorted out. It's definitely not shipped yet, only been a couple days since my order ;) I am very patient.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to start a new thread for reporting issues after the R1.05 R05 firmware upgrade?

Jontox

Quiz Detective
Hi Raz,

I don't want to speak for NeoSD staff but that would be really appreciated and especially for newbies like myself.
In addition, your undumped cartridges status definitely need a proper thread in this sub-forum to attract visibility.

Jontox

I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to start a new thread for reporting issues after the R1.05 R05 firmware upgrade?

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Got my MVS NSD and finally have some time to set it up and play!

Was it supposed to come with a cart shell, or are we supposed to be modding one to fit the PCB? (I was in the first batch of preorders/shipments)

mathieu4d

Crazed MVS Addict
Unfortunally the downloads section wont allow download the tools without a valid serial number.

So I have to wait for you to actually ship my order to have a serial. Will do.
You might wrote so on your download section, so you wont have to answer the same question over and over :-)

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Was it supposed to come with a cart shell, or are we supposed to be modding one to fit the PCB? (I was in the first batch of preorders/shipments)
iirc you'll be shipped a shell free of charge once they are done.

samaron

n00b
Writing an update regarding the trouble I had running the flash cart on my AES through a Daedalus converter. I managed to get my hands on a MV-1FZ board and tested the cart. Worked just fine on the first go. Had some minor glitching in the picture that got rectified by running the firmware update. Guess the cart isn't compatible with all AES/Daedalus combos, then.

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
Writing an update regarding the trouble I had running the flash cart on my AES through a Daedalus converter. I managed to get my hands on a MV-1FZ board and tested the cart. Worked just fine on the first go. Had some minor glitching in the picture that got rectified by running the firmware update. Guess the cart isn't compatible with all AES/Daedalus combos, then.
I am told it does work with the Daedalus - what firmware version are you on?

samaron

n00b
I'm not sure why it doesn't work. All authentic MVS carts I own play just fine with the converter. I tried selecting the flash cart to boot both into the menu and directly to the flashed game, nothing works on the AES. It still displays corrupted and distorted graphics on the screen when I power it on. The firmware I updated to is 1.05, it had 1.03 when I got it. Maybe there are different revisions of the Daedalus, or something with the AES revision I own that isn't compatible.

gfx3.jpg

Last edited: