NEOSD MVS Support thread !

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
ohh...just saw your posts, updated my post before

yes - its the "." & the problem was the first fullset i tried (only 188 converted), the second one was better (255 converted)

thanks & good work neosd!

The sets you are missing is probably irrmaze,mslug2t burningfpa, not sure the last though

aku

Loyal Neo-Disciple
the instruction pdf is quite good, the tool is pretty simple - but if its really necessary that it MUST BE THE 32-Bit runtime the pdf should be updated. ;) can´t confirm that, i have both runtimes installed...

The sets you are missing is probably irrmaze,mslug2t burningfpa, not sure the last though

exactly - posted a screenshot of all missing ones..

Last edited:

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
the instruction pdf is quite good, the tool is pretty simple, but if its really necessary that it MUST BE THE 32-Bit runtime the pdf should be updated. ;) can´t confirm that, i have both runtimes installed...

It is the 32bit version that is needed. I only had the 64bit version installed and it caused the tool to make bad ,neo files for some games. After I installed the 32 bit runtime (on my 64bit os) it was fine.

Last edited:

neosd

Neosd Developer
It is the 32bit version that is needed. I only have the 64bit version installed and it caused the tool to fail. After I installed the 32 bit runtime (on my 64bit os) it was fine.

The version you had that generated bad roms with the wrong runtime installed, was a really old version, actual version should not create bad roms.
Anyways, we will fix it tomorrow and we will add the option to check if roms are good or bad, this will solve any issue.

Thanks !

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
The version you had that generated bad roms with the wrong runtime installed, was a really old version, actual version should not create bad roms.
Anyways, we will fix it tomorrow and we will add the option to check if roms are good or bad, this will solve any issue.

Thanks !

Yes it might be the case with newer version but I just don't know, the runtime was required for a critical part of the neo creation with some sets and there was no error message if the runtime was not present before. It would be great if it was no longer needed. The crc check of the final .neo will be a good adition but maybe also a check for the 32bit runtime (if its required still) and a popup error when the ui is launched if its not followed by exit. That would be the best thing.

neosd

Neosd Developer
Yes it might be the case with newer version but I just don't know, the runtime was required for a critical part of the neo creation with some sets and there was no error message if the runtime was not present before. It would be great if it was no longer needed. The crc check of the final .neo will be a good adition but maybe also a check for the 32bit runtime (if its required still) and a popup error when the ui is launched if its not followed by exit. That would be the best thing.

We will try to add that to the tool as soon as possible.

Thanks for the feedback !

Floob

Kabuki Klasher
Its just in case the conversion process has an issue processing a directory that contains the full MAME romsets.
You could use the above batch file to grab the neo geo files out of there.

I would probably make a copy anyway just in case there was an issue processing the original files.

Sceptre_JLRB

Not so MEGA, eh?
Great job with the NeoBuilder tool!

So far, it's working great for me. I got some "Internal error" / "Bad Roms" issues and some romsets are skipped since they seem to need a different required name (maybe due to my old MAME romset), nothing that can't be solved re-downloading such romsets from different sources or renaming the pre-existing ones. Finally, I am almost done with the full 259 NeoSD 'official' romset.

But here is a simple question: In this NeoBuilderUI version we have been provided, whenever the program generates a .neo file, can it be assumed to be a correct, working one?

Next, I'll continue using the command line program to try to convert some homebrew Neo-Geo games.

Thank you very much and keep up the good work!

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
OK OK... I can confirm that there are 259 (plus 4 extras that were included.)... There maybe more homebrews ONLY... but thats as complete as it gets for now..

Someone sent me this:

http://imgur.com/a/KawAp

I can also confirm that I do have a full set of stuffs available to me...

xROTx

PS. The CHAT Room here is FLASH based... just FYI there lads...

EDIT: This post is meant for people who are having "Difficulties"... in certain matters... and if I am in chat (I live in GMT land..)... i will be available to discuss your problems...

manic23

n00b
I'm just wondering if the neosd builder could support other file formats other than zip? My sets are in 7z format and other may use rar, not sure just a thought. I am having to unzip then re pack in zip format.

neosd

Neosd Developer
Hello,

We are just working now on a tool to verify created roms, we have already fixed yesterday reported issues.
Both things, among a readme explaining how to install/use the tool, will be avaliable today.
We are working as fast as possible to get this shorted.

Thanks !!

Great job with the NeoBuilder tool!

So far, it's working great for me. I got some "Internal error" / "Bad Roms" issues and some romsets are skipped since they seem to need a different required name (maybe due to my old MAME romset), nothing that can't be solved re-downloading such romsets from different sources or renaming the pre-existing ones. Finally, I am almost done with the full 259 NeoSD 'official' romset.

But here is a simple question: In this NeoBuilderUI version we have been provided, whenever the program generates a .neo file, can it be assumed to be a correct, working one?

Next, I'll continue using the command line program to try to convert some homebrew Neo-Geo games.

Thank you very much and keep up the good work!

Sceptre_JLRB

Not so MEGA, eh?
Thank you for the new verification tool, neosd!

Finally, I managed to obtain the 259 'canonical' .neo files. In addition, in the "order.txt" file there seem to be 3 additional filenames which yet are not recognized by NeoBuilder in your ROM directory: 'kof10th' (KOF 10th Anniversary), 'kf2k3pcb' (KOF2003 JAMMA PCB) and 'samsho3k' (I guess, Samurai Shodown III Korean Release, aka Fighters Swords, already included and recognized as 'fswords'). Only the latter can be converted manually using the command line, whereas the other two give an 'Invalid romfile structure' error. However, it doesn't matter, as they are repeated game versions and we already have two more 'hacked' versions of KOF 10th which are recognized (KOF 10th Extra Plus / 2005 Unique).

I also used the command line program to yield some .neo files from all my homebrew NG collection, and I can say that almost all seem to be successfully converted, the exception being BIOS-like ROMs (including those of Neo Print), thus raising a total amount of 277 .neo files so far. Let's see if they can be verified with the new tool... ;-)

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
probably not the correct sets to start with.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Link is now dead... S'OZ....

Latest Set as of 28 July 2017... COMPLETE... Includes da' Muzak now... over 13gb on extraction...

xROTx

PS... Copy Paste the individual HTML links into a web browser...

Download... Extract...

neosd

Neosd Developer
validator seems to work fine
32-Bit Runtime is mentioned in the new README - should also be mentioned in the NeoSDMVSFlashCartridge.pdf
problem with "." in path is still present - should be fixed in 1.03

thanks

Hello,

We thought we had this issue addressed, we will look at it again, could you please tell us your foldername ?

Thanks

aku

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Hello,

We thought we had this issue addressed, we will look at it again, could you please tell us your foldername ?

Thanks

both paths still crashed the app

Y:\MAME 0.161\roms
Y:\MAME 0.170 NEO GEO ONLY\roms

Sceptre_JLRB

Not so MEGA, eh?
Thanks neosd!
The validation tool works great. As expected, my 259 recognized 'official' .neo files are correct, whereas the remaining 18 'handmade' .neo files appear in the Errors column. No missing known neo files! :-)
Time to copy them to the microSD card... ;-)

The readme file is also detailed and well explained. Congrats again!