Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536
Results 876 to 890 of 890

Thread: NEOSD MVS Support thread !

  1. #876
    Southern Pounce.
    DaytimeDreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Milton Keynes, UK

    Posts
    673
    Quote Originally Posted by neosd View Post
    yes, i will just remove the neosd serial from the previous owner
    Sent you an email and saw your reply back. All worked fine and couldn't be faster with the replies Many thanks.

  2. #877
    Neosd Developer neosd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Europe

    Posts
    780
    Quote Originally Posted by DaytimeDreamer View Post
    Sent you an email and saw your reply back. All worked fine and couldn't be faster with the replies Many thanks.
    You got me in front of the computer on saturday, not always happens/i am so fast


    Glad its shorted
    Will i get 0 secconds loading times if i make a cluster of the entire size of the microsd ?



    NEOSD - The ONLY Neo Geo AES & MVS Flash Cart - TEAM Member


  3. #878
    Pupil of Bonus-Kun
    di3sel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Uk

    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by neosd View Post
    just drop us an email (contact@neosdstore.... ) and we will remove your serial from the users list, so you can register it again
    Many thanks, will email you now.

  4. #879
    Raiden's Valet
    Morden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Neo Geo World

    Posts
    585
    Didn't want to create a separate thread for this one question, but does anyone have the Monitor Test Patterns ROM in Neo format handy? I got the OSSC yesterday, and I'm planning on doing some fine tuning.

  5. #880
    Timid Neo Newbie

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    VIRGINIA, USA

    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by INGUES View Post
    I'm having a really weird issue with my NeoSD. I've been using it on a CMVS that I bought off of ebay (which was very cheaply made) and it's been running fine. It was a converted MV-1C. I recently received an Omega CMVS and I am unable to get to the NeoSD game listing menu. The Omega will load the last game that I loaded using the cheap CMVS (and I have tried different games to try and resolve this issue) but when I attempt to enter the NeoSD menu it shows some glitchy graphics and then it resets back to the Unibios screen and the game loads again like normal. When I put the NeoSD back in the cheap CMVS I can access the NeoSD game menu just fine (either by holding start or doing the A+D+Start combo during the game). I've tried deleting the cfg file from the SD card, the BUP files, I've set it to "no" on the backup ram setting within the NeoSD, and I've done a hardware test and memory reset on the Omega console without any luck. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advanced for your help
    I seem to be having a similar issue with my neosd cart. I am using a Analogue CMVS with 1.06 neosd firmware. I am only able to access the game menu list randomly. The cart boots the loaded game and then it will take me multiple attempts to try bring up the game list menu. It will finally randomly work for no apparent reason. When I have accessed it, I changed the buttons combinations and am still having the same issue. I have it currently set to boot to the game list menu on power up but it is still booting directly to the last flashed game. Any help?
    Last edited by rogersta; 01-15-2018 at 06:27 PM.

  6. #881
    Quote Originally Posted by rogersta View Post
    I seem to be having a similar issue with my neosd cart. I am using a Analogue CMVS with 1.06 neosd firmware. I am only able to access the game menu list randomly. The cart boots the loaded game and then it will take me multiple attempts to try bring up the game list menu. It will finally randomly work for no apparent reason. When I have accessed it, I changed the buttons combinations and am still having the same issue. I have it currently set to boot to the game list menu on power up but it is still booting directly to the last flashed game. Any help?
    That's strange, the "hold p1 start while booting" mode should always work. Can you check if you have Arcade Mode enabled? if so, try disabling it. Also when doing A+D+Start, hold them for several seconds.
    NEOSD - The ONLY Neo Geo MVS & AES Flash Cart - TEAM Member


  7. #882
    Neo Bubble Buster
    pva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Finland

    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by Morden View Post
    Didn't want to create a separate thread for this one question, but does anyone have the Monitor Test Patterns ROM in Neo format handy? I got the OSSC yesterday, and I'm planning on doing some fine tuning.
    I'm sure you've already found it by yourself by now, but FBX's latest Framemeister profiles pack contains a ready-made image in Neo format.

    Provided in this package is a 'montest.neo' ROM for NeoSD users to calirbate their own A/D levels. To use the montest.neo ROM in the NeoSD, simply add the file to SD memory card with all the other .neo ROMs. It will then show in the game list as "Monitor Test Utility" and is basically a port of Artemio's 240 Test Suit.

  8. #883
    Timid Neo Newbie

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    VIRGINIA, USA

    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by neodev View Post
    That's strange, the "hold p1 start while booting" mode should always work. Can you check if you have Arcade Mode enabled? if so, try disabling it. Also when doing A+D+Start, hold them for several seconds.
    It was in arcade mode. I turned arcade mode off and have backram save off. It will now go to the game list menu after start up, but still having the issue of not coming up in game by holding the a+d+start buttons for several seconds. It just restarts the game. No issues bringing up the unibios holding the select+start button.
    Last edited by rogersta; 01-16-2018 at 06:37 PM.

  9. #884
    Raiden's Valet
    Morden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Neo Geo World

    Posts
    585
    Quote Originally Posted by pva View Post
    I'm sure you've already found it by yourself by now, but FBX's latest Framemeister profiles pack contains a ready-made image in Neo format.
    I haven't, so thanks a bunch! This is most helpful. I'll be testing it out with the OSSC later.

  10. #885
    Neo Bubble Buster
    pva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Finland

    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by Morden View Post
    I haven't, so thanks a bunch! This is most helpful. I'll be testing it out with the OSSC later.
    Be sure to check out his excellent OSSC optimal timing tutorial video, too. The Framemeister profile thread has some relevant discussion as well.

  11. #886
    .
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Mesa

    Posts
    2
    I'm having trouble with my NeoSD MVS that I just purchased. The menu graphics are all corrupted so I cant see anything. When I select a game I wait a while until it's flashed and then it starts the game without corrupted graphics. I am using a 1st gen MV board with the stock bios.
    Incidentally, when the games start up, about half the time the Neo Geo 300 Mega Pro Gear Spec screen is slightly wavy. The game it's self looks and runs perfectly fine. Z-80 issue?
    I am at a loss, any ideas?

  12. #887
    .
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Mesa

    Posts
    2
    I'm having trouble with my NeoSD MVS that I just purchased. The menu graphics are all corrupted so I cant see anything. When I select a game I wait a while until it's flashed and then it starts the game without corrupted graphics. I am using a 1st gen MV board with the stock bios.
    Incidentally, when the games start up, about half the time the Neo Geo 300 Mega Pro Gear Spec screen is slightly wavy. The game it's self looks and runs perfectly fine. Z-80 issue?
    I am at a loss, any ideas?

    I have uploaded a video of what is happening below:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8QTTga3ENk

  13. #888
    Lazy SNK Employee

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    lindstrom,mn

    Posts
    55
    Step one, check voltages.
    Step two, clean slot
    MVS-4-25 (ver. 1)
    MVS-4-25 (ver. 3) x2
    looking for a MVS-4-25 (ver. 2)

  14. #889
    Disciple Of Orochi
    fenikso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Wandering through quiet lands

    Posts
    3,264
    And I'll add: clean your Jamma edge, too.

  15. #890
    New Challenger

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    leeds

    Posts
    24
    big thanks to all those who helped me with getting hold of the .NEO files. my NeoSD turned up yesterday after weeks of waiting and worked great. so nice to have all the games in one place...I don't even mind the loading times

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •