NEOSD MVS Support thread !

gamelife00

Rugal's Thug
Hello, I've cleaned and checked the +5 (tried from 5-5.1) and still having the same issues. I have 1 legit MVS game and worked perfect. How much extra voltage does the neo sd need,how high can I go on the +5? Don't want to damage anything

Last edited:

gamelife00

Rugal's Thug
Got a quick question. I measured a couple of rom chips for voltage on the board and getting a 5.05v but on the unibios the reading was 2.5v is that normal?

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
Just measure it at the jamma edge.

You can go up to about 5.2v but I wouldn’t go any higher than that.

Tempest

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
So I just found out that a translation of SSV exists (samsho5x). I've tried to convert the .zip file to .neo format using the conversion tool but it says it doesn't recognize the file so it skips it. I know people have said that they have this working on NeoSD, so why is the tool giving me problems? Is my zip file bad?

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
So I just found out that a translation of SSV exists (samsho5x). I've tried to convert the .zip file to .neo format using the conversion tool but it says it doesn't recognize the file so it skips it. I know people have said that they have this working on NeoSD, so why is the tool giving me problems? Is my zip file bad?
The official software can't do it. You have to use neosdconv.

Tempest

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
Thank you so much, that did it! I assume I can use this with the SSV Perfect rom too (when I actually find it)?

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
Thank you so much, that did it! I assume I can use this with the SSV Perfect rom too (when I actually find it)?

Congrats!

Ide hold fire on the perfect rom for now though.

The translation etc is nearly finished so hopefully will appear soon :)

Tempest

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
BTW what's the latest firmware for the NeoSD (non-Pro)? Mine has 1.06 R10 on it, but I can't seem to find out if that's the latest or not.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
I got an 1.07 beta one year ago, did solve some problems for mvs when cycling titles, unfortunately few are still triggering a reset...I reported that back then, but no reply.

wrote support recently, hope there will be a final fix.

donluca

Ninja Combat Warrior
I'm pretty sure Yodd is behind support@terraonion.com, but unfortunately it has happened in the past that your mail might have been caught in the spam filter.
Looks like they use a pretty aggressive filter, so you might want to just straight PM Yodd.

pier

Crazed MVS Addict
I'm pretty sure Yodd is behind support@terraonion.com, but unfortunately it has happened in the past that your mail might have been caught in the spam filter.
Looks like they use a pretty aggressive filter, so you might want to just straight PM Yodd.

is it possible to PM someone on this forum??????? it look strange to write to compatriots in others languages than the native one

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member

I've been in contact with Yodd, the issue is not spam filtering, he will provide an update about the fw status here.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
We plan to revisit the NeoSD firmware again in the future. But no firm timeframe as of now.

Tempest

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
Any update on the new firmware? I'm starting to feel like the non Pro versions of the NeoSD aren't going to be supported anymore.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Any update on the new firmware? I'm starting to feel like the non Pro versions of the NeoSD aren't going to be supported anymore.
Mmm would also like an answer on this. If firmware updates for the regular NeoSD are no longer coming it would be considerate to announce it officially.