Mutation Nation bootleg disc but real packaging?

Sword dude

n00b
Soi I have this mutation Nation English version

Unfortunately it came with a japnese disc wich is a bootleg

It is missing the neo geo logo with code on the upper part on the left and the barcode is a solid line near the middle of the disc also the neo geo logo isn't to pretty on the disc

However the manual and inserts seem authetentic, the manual comes with orange inserts seems the same as other original manuals of neo geo cd games that I have

How can one spot fake pakaging?

jtm9w2.jpg

s2s4tu.jpg

2qnbi87.jpg

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
It's a boot.

CD case appears to have the NG logo, which would be correct.

Protip - Find a new source for buying NG CD games.

Sword dude

n00b
It's a boot.

CD case appears to have the NG logo, which would be correct.

Protip - Find a new source for buying NG CD games.

They almost cost me nothing less than 20 euro´s shipping included in the end a fantastic deal I´ve added some nice games for for a nice price. It´s only this mutation nation with a boot disc while the others are nice. I just want some opinions.

What´s your opinion for the manual and insert? if i compare them to my other neo geo cd games they do appear to have the same quality

Neo Ash

What´s your opinion for the manual and insert? if i compare them to my other neo geo cd games they do appear to have the same quality

I doubt they are faked; more time, effort, and expense than it's worth.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
You sure it's a bootleg? I can understand an Ironclad boot but MN?

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
This piece seems left out, but did you get this game still originally sealed? It is not uncommon for games (or other things like toys) being piece-mealed into a "complete" condition before re-entering the secondary market.

How are you certain that the disc is a boot? Is there a registry for Neo Geo CD Matrix numbers? I would think that would be the surefire way to know if the disc is legit or not.

Neo Ash

Missing the SNK logo and NGCD number on the left side of the label.

SNK-Neo-Geo-CD-Game-MUTATION-NATION-Neo-_1.jpg

Sword dude

n00b
Exactly what Neo ash is saying about the disc also the solid barcode line near the center and the big neo geo logo wich is slightly off.

I got them from a collector who got rid of his neo geo CD stuff. He also sold some other ones, while all the others have real discs this mutation nation was a boot at least the disc. Probably replaced with the intention to get a real japanese disc.

Than again I can't complain since the costs in the end were really low and fortunately ninja commando and fcourse the other more common ones in that lot were legit.

Last edited:

trenton_net

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I got them from a collector who got rid of his neo geo CD stuff.

I'm rather surprised he didn't realize he owned a pirated copy. I found that most people are rather observant in that regard, especially if it's your hobby. But I'm glad your Ninja Commando is fine. It's quite a fun game!

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I'm rather surprised he didn't realize he owned a pirated copy. I found that most people are rather observant in that regard, especially if it's your hobby. But I'm glad your Ninja Commando is fine. It's quite a fun game!

Lol, there are many Neo collectors that have boots in their collections and will pass them off to noobs at full value with no hesitation. Buy a flashcart and be done with it.

Sword dude

n00b

Well actually I have to disagree. I usually buy from people for a really nice deal. Those people usually are not collectors but people who play them games for a hobby in the past no collectors.

It was his hobby but if one does not focus on it anymore, more for the playability than collecting like many regular people with the arcade machines, It's actually pretty simple to aquire a fake.

Many people who have these games are no collectors, it was hobby just like fishing. Fishers are no collectors, Most SNK players same story. Playing them games is what's it al about for the regular people back in the day and he was one of them.

Than again I guess I made a mistake for saying that he was a collector :p

Last edited: