Japanese discs in a US packaged Neo geo cd game? How boot?

Sword dude

n00b
I have a US version of Ninja commando But it has a japanese disc

The disc looks to have the same cover art as an original disc and the barcode near the center is normal and not solid seems legit

Also the manual and insert looks legit Manual has orange inerts etc

What do you guys think is it legit and why is there a japanese disc in US packaging?

32zkfep.jpg

2el3uc0.jpg

2rypwy8.jpg

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
These games are 25 years old at this point. Someone probably lost the disc of their US version and found a cheap JP disc to replace it with. Either that or SNK was lazy/messed up and put the Japanese disc in. They've been known to do that.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Do the other US games say "Made in Japan"?

Also what Gohan said.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
This is a common occurrence, don't worry about it.

Sword dude

n00b
okay I'll keep that in mind thanks, also any tips how to spot a bootleg?

I do know for the disc with the solid barcode line and the jagged neo geo logo but any other tips for the packaging and manuals and maybe some extra's for the discs?

trenton_net

Kuroko's Training Dummy
okay I'll keep that in mind thanks, also any tips how to spot a bootleg?

I do know for the disc with the solid barcode line and the jagged neo geo logo but any other tips for the packaging and manuals and maybe some extra's for the discs?

A little late to the party, but normally you can tell somethings off if you inspect the manual and inserts. If you rub your fingers across the card stock and look at the way the colors are being reproduced, you can see how they differ from other authentic games. Things like vector graphics vs scanned graphics, card stock choices, color schemes, all give it away.