options for Sega Saturn arcade stick

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
God my worksmanship was shit back then

Sanwa buttons drop into the hori and are a must. The stock buttons are like any console pad (rubber cap thing on a PCB under the button). The sanwa stick if you put that in ends up with a long shaft (giggity). If I did one of those sticks again I'd try to fit a seimitsu ls-56 instead.

I ended up using a dead agetec DC stick (sanwa modded) for my saturn gaming. I just did a pad hack and put a DPDT switch in that allows changing C and Z to R and L.

Last edited:

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
If you dont have an arcade stick, you can always build one or gut a really cheap stick w/ nice case. Put a ps360+ or MC Cthulhu pcb & you have yourself a stick for NES,SNES, Saturn, Dreamcast, Xbox/xbox 360,PSx, PS3, & PC by making extension cord for whatever system you want that those support.

gtmartini

Rugal's Thug
If you enjoyed playing in the arcade probably you will not like the black sega saturn virtual stick just because it uses microswitch. However, I played Virtual fighter and Street fighter to test it and see any flaws, but I think it is excellent.
1- The rubber contact responds really well and kind of absorbs the movement, so have to go all the way to the direction you want to make the contact, it means you won't execute other direction just because you slightly move the stick in another direction.
2- The concave buttons are good to centralize the finger and press always at the correct place, you won't press wrong anytime.
3- The separated turbo switch and the turbo speed are an extra.
4- The stick is longer than the neo geo and the big ball makes get precision on every move.
5- It is heavier than the Neo Geo`s and the plastic finish fells great, the bottom is a sheet metal.
I really don`t see any bad thing about it. All sega first parties controllers I have are great, third parties not so much.
But this is my opinion and I never played arcade too much, but I always had a sega genesis arcade stick and played a lot of fighting games.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Is the ps360+ the one they fixed the 360 lag issue or is it a certain revision?
But besides that it's good. Cost wise your better pairing a chuthlu and Brook ufb.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I've had pretty good luck using the ps360+ but I only use it for 360 in a CRT cab. Never noticed any lag, and I usually play the cave ports with it.