which gaming monitor do you use?

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I have a 43" 4K LG IPS panel. I'm not much of a PC gamer these days because my rig is outdated (2.4 ghz C2Q, 8 GB DDR2, 650ti) but it works for what I need.

I have a 24" 1080p TN panel too but it's not hooked up.

Then the two PVMs for the old stuff and the 60" plasma in the living room.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I use this BenQ.

https://www.amazon.com/BenQ-27-Inch...F8&qid=1481006705&sr=1-2&keywords=BENQ+RL2755

I went to my local microcenter hoping to find one of the BenQ's that tates for programming and SHMUPS, they didn't have a single one. I asked them if they had any BenQ monitors in the back, and the guy came out a few minutes later with this one. Got it brand new on clearance for $199.99. It doesn't tate like I hoped, but I am still very happy with it. It has a hook on the back for my headset, and the base fits PS and XBOX controllers perfectly.

I also like all the pre-set color modes. It makes a huge difference when I load up the XRGB and the Neo and put it in fighting color mode, and the FPS mode is great too. I always wondered when watching FPS videos how those players could even see the people they were shooting. It's because of FPS color mode. The Strategy Mode is awesome too.

My personal favorite is the Retina Mode that changes the screen to a bluish color that's easy on the eyes. Spending a lot of time on my PC programming, then gaming, it's a god send. I use to have issues with my contacts where they would get all blurry from my eyes straining during long sessions, and I can go a lot longer before eye strain with that mode on.

The reviews I read kind of bashed this monitor stating it was more for console gaming instead of PC gaming, but I think it looks really freaking good. Movies look good too.

I would recommend a good set of speakers though. It's kind of a pain to constantly adjust the audio. However you can save presets for each HDMI port. The menu on the this thing is boss though. It is very intuitive. There is no guessing, you can do what you want from the start without blindly pushing buttons.

Last edited:

Stellarola

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
Dell Ultrasharp U3415W. It's a 21:9 IPS panel overclockable to 75hz. Really loving the screen real estate and games look amazing when supported by ultra wide aspect ratio.

neomeo

New Challenger
Ben Qs are probably good ones right now as they are being used at EVO 2017

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Sony gdm-fw900. Until I can get something vastly better for the same price I wont. Crt tech wont be replaced in my house hold until oled or microled is dirt cheap.

funkified

Edo Express Delivery Guy
PC gets a LG 29UM68-P Ultrawide 1080P at 75hz. it’s a entry level UW but damn, it’s the way to go, that extra screen real estate is nice!

Retro monitor is a PVM 20M2MDU

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
PC gets a LG 29UM68-P Ultrawide 1080P at 75hz. it’s a entry level UW but damn, it’s the way to go, that extra screen real estate is nice!

Retro monitor is a PVM 20M2MDU
You're not getting anymore usable space if the resolution isn't higher, just a larger image.