Naomi set up issue **RESOLVED**

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Just got my set up in the mail and having issues. Running this on a big red through this
Jamma to mvs adapter
Naomi board
Capcom i/o
Multi region bios (h)
Capcom vs snk 2 conversion cart

I keep getting this screen, I can hear the boot up sound
I've already tried cleaning jamma connector on i/o and on the adapter. My first time running Naomi. Am I missing something ?

Last edited:

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
did you change the resolution on the Naomi to 15 KHz? based on your dips, you didn't.

naomi_15k_31k_resolution_dip_switch_settings.gif

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Flip dip 1 on the naomi to enable 15khz mode. Also check the sync selector switch on the IO next to the 2p/4p switch.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Ive never run the naomi on a non VGA source, but start with making sure the dips are set to 15khz

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Good screen , but now I'm getting a this game is not acceptable by main board message wtf!

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
Ah the fun is starting... good luck AJ...

But that's why so many of us warned you about the "charm" of the naomi...

skate323k137

10 Year Member
Try dip 2 to set USA region for the multi bios. Shouldn't make a difference but it might.

skate323k137

10 Year Member
You can give it a shot. Carts can run on a pretty old BIOS. Lots of capcom games came with D

error 01 should just be cart seating. error 02 (which has the same text) is region issue. Dust everything off and re-seat the cart.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Ah, ok I'll try cleaning the mobo and cart connections. How hard do u need to press these naomi carts down compared to cps2 and mvs carts?
Thanks for the help so far guys

skate323k137

10 Year Member
It should pop in pretty firmly. You can put a fair amount of force on it to be sure. It should be obvious if it's not seated all the way.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
I've never had a seating issue, BUT, they do come with screws to ensure a very snug fit, just like CPS2 and their clips.

Since you're playing a converted cart - I don't know which region bios that cart requires. I'd ask Scott which bios he had in his mother so you can rule out a bios issue.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
He did include the screws so I will try those too, used a bit too much deoxit, so waiting for it to fully dry out before I try again.

I'll Def give send him a message if this doesn't work

Edit- pretty drunk right now just got bacl from pluckers and on my second glass of Jim beam. Craig also pointed out it could be a voltage issue so I'll have to check that out to when I'm not so drunk. Just wanted to practice some geese combos will I had a good buzz on lol

Last edited:

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
So after letting it dry I gave it another shot, def takes more effort to seat this cart than it takes for cps2. After I thought it was seated I kept applying pressure and that did the trick! Got to play alittle cvs2 before calling it a night. Is it possible to adjust the screen size? The power gauges and character portraits are cut off just abit. No biggie
Thanks everybody

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
So after letting it dry I gave it another shot, def takes more effort to seat this cart than it takes for cps2. After I thought it was seated I kept applying pressure and that did the trick! Got to play alittle cvs2 before calling it a night. Is it possible to adjust the screen size? The power gauges and character portraits are cut off just abit. No biggie
Thanks everybody

yep, that should be available on the remote board of the monitor, or directly on the monitor chassis.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Is that CP made by that dude that used to cut CPs on FB? I think his name was MP customs? Uses the same joystick plates if not.