Sega Master & Genesis / MD 1CC thread

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Damn so close today getting 1LC on Master of Darkness on SMS. Maybe tomorrow, man loving this game.

Contra: Hard Corps (1LC with Ray and Sheena, every path)
M.U.S.H.A.
Adventures of Batman and Robin
Forgotten Worlds

Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Does the Sega-CD count, too? Cleared Out of this World with nine deaths. My personal best so far.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Nice,

Sure on the CD, I tried to edit the thread title but its to old it appears.

Thanks, Marty! The Sega-CD is a Genny dependable add-on, so it makes sense to post achievements here, but it's also SEGA's Hall of Shame member and it could've been, that you wanted to keep your thread pure ;).

Next on will be Cyborg 009.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Made a few runs on Eliminate Down last night. This will be a big challenge to 1cc, going to get serious with it this weekend.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Right now I try to beat Captain Lang, and I can already say: what a rollercoaster! It's R-Type'ish hard, with the last three bosses using attacks based on chance. The last bastard remained unbeatable, yet. This little gem is a world apart, I especially love the Chelnov references - another infamous DECO slut impersonating a video game.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Here's my Viewpoint 1 credit clear:

VPMD-1CC-01.jpg

Wasn't that hard at all due to inflationary extends ;).

VPMD-1CC-02.jpg

I made a stunning discovery. The Nazo Bug feature from the original is still present on the Genesis version!!! Here's the proof:

VPMD-NazoBug.jpg

Not that it matters, since the game is broken for score anyway. For example: destroying the first two forms of the final boss earns you a 1Up. Then it's just die & repeat.

But how could the Nazo-Bug be transferred into this port? Does this mean that it's an intentional feature and not a "bug" after all?

pegboy

Armored Scrum Object
It's probably just a carry over from when it was ported from the Neo to Genesis. Both consoles use the same processors (cpu at least), so they likely kept most of the same code base identical between the versions. Just a guess.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
It's probably just a carry over from when it was ported from the Neo to Genesis. Both consoles use the same processors (cpu at least), so they likely kept most of the same code base identical between the versions. Just a guess.

After chewing on this a bit longer, I came to the same conclusion. This bug was buried so deep into the code, the porting team wasn't even aware of its existence. It speaks in favor of the Genny version, though it rather proofs, there was no intention at all behind the bug itself. We'll probably never know for sure.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I just cleared Double Dragon II

List updated

Zero Wing (1-ALL)
Gleylancer
Darius II
Fire Mustang (1-ALL)
Thunder Force III
Battle Mania Dai Gin Jou
Forgotten Worlds
Curse
Arrow Flash
Musha
Verytex
Elemental Master
Fire Shark (1-ALL)
Phelios
Revenge of Shinobi
Super Shinobi II
Shadow Dancer
Contra : The Hard Corps
Golden Axe
Golden Axe III
Altered Beast (5-ALL)
Mercs (Arcade + Original)
Valis
Streets of Rage
Streets of Rage 2
Streets of Rage 3 + BK III
Daimakaimura (1-All)
Midnight Resistance
Chiki Chiki Boys
Golden Axe II
Castlevania : Bloodlines
Double Dragon II

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Impressive, as always andsuchisdeath! My tip for your next clear: Slap Fight MD. Both versions (AC & Special) are heavenly. The second loop is where the fun starts ;).

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Very impressive list ASID some great clears man. I need to get busy with my Sega stuff, haven't touched in a good while.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I cleared Sengoku Densho on the Mega CD after recently picking it up.

I've never played this version before, but I've spent a long while trying to get information on it without much success. "Play the neo cd version instead", "mediocre" etc. Of course I ignored all of that.

So you know what? It turned out to be everything I had hoped for.

It looks and sounds pretty close to the original (unlike the SFC port), but doesn't require the strict memory based approach. A dream come true. Maybe it is a tad too easy, but the huge variety of ways to dispose of your enemies makes the game quite the romp.

Last edited: