Framemeister + Sega Saturn: Annoying banding

Hi guys,

I am using a Luma sync RGB SCART cable with my Sega Saturn JP Model (White) + Framemeister, but I keep getting vertical white banding (mostly visible on dark screens). My female scart adapter does not have a syncstripper.

See photo:

hAdinJ9.jpg

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

This is my Saturn cable:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sega-Saturn...155039?hash=item25a0f44d1f:g:2j8AAOxyOMdS5Txr

Last edited:

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
is there a reason you aren't using c-sync for this? not sure how the mini handles anything other than c-sync

UPDATE:

I tried the Sega Saturn directly to my TV, the picture is real crisp, but the banding is still there (maybe just slightly less visible). So this points towards a problem with the console or a cable problem?

Last edited:

Vendest

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Iirc the framemeister takes C-sync. you may need to rewire the sync or add a sync stripper.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Iirc the framemeister takes C-sync. you may need to rewire the sync or add a sync stripper.

But I still get the issue even if connected directly to TV.

I think Vendest is right - I use 1 RGB cable for my Genesis and Saturn and it has a built in sync stripper. I only have to to use the switch for it when I use the Saturn. Otherwise, I get a rolling picture with slight banding, and I'm connecting directly to the TV.