HBO Westworld discussion

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
i was picking up on the soundtrack much more in the later episodes. good stuff

Spoiler:
The asisn guy would only be scared if she was on the table. He had dozens of opportunities to contact a superior and try to fix the issue. He could always just get security before approaching her. Ditto for the ginger guy. He seemed to have a more reasonable approach, but he could have easily just alerted security at any time. It's all far too weak. At first he helped out of curiosity, but that would have ended as soon as she turned violent.

Spoiler:
Edo era japan would be a great follow-up setting. I feel like they completely explored the western theme already

Rocko

Galford's Armourer
Planning to binge watch this over the holiday vacations. I've heard mostly good thing about it, but one person said it was crap. The very same person also likes GoT, but really hates the forced sex scenes in it. I'm guessing that's why he doesn't like this.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Planning to binge watch this over the holiday vacations. I've heard mostly good thing about it, but one person said it was crap. The very same person also likes GoT, but really hates the forced sex scenes in it. I'm guessing that's why he doesn't like this.

For the most part, the sex scenes really cool off after the first couple of episodes. After that, they're pretty much nonexistent. They are basically there to establish the recklessness of the place...once they do that, it's over.

Not that I'm disturbed by fake sex scenes, but the Sansa Stark "wedding night" scene in GOT is WAY worse than anything in Westworld.

Last edited:

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Wow... wow , ok this ended in a bang. Good cliffhangers & plot twists. Didn't see most of it coming until it happened.
Still I bet you could just watch episodes 7-10 and understand what was going on. Overall it was too slow.
I think I'll live if I don't watch next season when it comes out. Bet you could rewatch it and catch tons of stuff.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Wow... wow , ok this ended in a bang. Good cliffhangers & plot twists. Didn't see most of it coming until it happened.
Still I bet you could just watch episodes 7-10 and understand what was going on. Overall it was too slow.
I think I'll live if I don't watch next season when it comes out. Bet you could rewatch it and catch tons of stuff.

I'm going to revisit it in 6-8 months. With the news coming out that season 2 won't air until 2018...I have plenty of time to watch it over.

here's a nice little piece about the creation, season 1 wrap up, and season 2 direction:

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/westworld-creators-return-2018-1201933825/

I've said it before, that show is flawed...but I have enjoyed it. There were a few slower episodes, but they were never Walking Dead slow/irrelevant. Most of it, even the slow parts, has some sort of point to it. The immortality and memory perfection of the hosts are an interesting point, and one that I enjoyed.

This will join the list of shows that I look forward to seeing again. Another flawed, but enjoyable show that is Man in the High Castle starts up again next week. Next year brings us Season 7 of GoT, Stranger Things season 2, Daredevil season 3, A confirmed Punisher series....and probably more that I'm forgetting...

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
finished the season last night. It ended with a bang, and really pulled everything together at the end. I'm not sure how i feel about a season 2. I honestly think the show ended on a good stopping point, and the rest doesn't need to be explored. But shows this big need to make money, so yeah, more seasons.

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
Liked the show, but I didn't love it. It confused me most of the time.
I then saw the season finale, and it all made sense. I'm completely in now. Can't wait for S2.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
haven't watched yet but would a Futureworld be possible?

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Love this show but for some reason I am sleeping on the last episode of season two, still need to watch it.

This new trailer looks good. I like taking it off of the ranch.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Love this show but for some reason I am sleeping on the last episode of season two, still need to watch it.

This new trailer looks good. I like taking it off of the ranch.

Season 2 was better than season 1. It already went off the ranch.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member

I disagree. Season two, and maybe the finale wraps things up better, has been real fragmentary in terms of story. Ranch, samurai town, whatever has not been disparate.

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
I've been seeing a lot of people crap on S2 but I enjoyed it. I like that S3 takes place in regular society.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member

I wouldn't say better, but it didn't hurt the series (imo at least, some people seem to really hold it in contempt).

Hey does anyone here watch Legion?

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
So...this is a mildly embarrassing thing to admit.

All of the WW talk and I was sitting here scraping my brain trying to remember how season 2 even ended. For the life of me, I couldn't recall so I looked it up to refresh me...and I had no idea what in the hell they were talking about.

Long story short, for some weird reason, we never finished the season, we only watched the first 5 episodes. I started watching it again last night. Sadly, now I know the "twist" prematurely thanks to my reading yesterday.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
Season 2 was just ok for me. There was one notable exception though. Episode 8. "Kiksuya".
Zahn McClarnon gives a tour de force performance as Akecheta of the Ghost Nation, that elevates that episode to the best of the series thus far, IMO.
If you were to only ever watch one episode of WW, make sure it's that one.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Season 2 was just ok for me. There was one notable exception though. Episode 8. "Kiksuya".
Zahn McClarnon gives a tour de force performance as Akecheta of the Ghost Nation, that elevates that episode to the best of the series thus far, IMO.
If you were to only ever watch one episode of WW, make sure it's that one.

yeah, season 2 had it's moments of brilliance, but even it's worst episodes (anything dealing with Samurai World, imo) weren't on the level of saying it's "jumped the shark"

The Ghost Nation plot line was definitely my favorite of season 2

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
yeah, season 2 had it's moments of brilliance, but even it's worst episodes (anything dealing with Samurai World, imo) weren't on the level of saying it's "jumped the shark"

The Ghost Nation plot line was definitely my favorite of season 2

Samurai World was great, fuck you opinion Hermegildo.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Yeah I liked the Samurai World stuff. That was pretty cool.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member

I'll take your word for it and watch it then. I watched... I don't know the first three to four episodes when they aired. Last thing I remember was the father in law dying in the lab. I thought it mostly sucked so far.