Darius 30th Anniversary PS4 - contain your hype

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Looks cool... but dreams crushed. I foolishly hoped for a Cave style collection of Darius games.

The real meat of this is the seven disc (awesome) music collection, and possibly some good bits from the book. An Arcade Archives port of Darius is the only game.

Details below:

http://gematsu.com/2016/11/darius-30th-anniversary-edition-announced-ps4

Contains:

Seven-Disc Special Album

Disc 1: Darius (Arcade Version, Game Boy Version)
Disc 2: Darius II (Arcade Version)
Disc 3: Darius Gaiden (Arcade Version)
Disc 4: G Darius (Arcade Version)
Disc 5: Darius Twin (Domestic Version, Overseas Version)
Disc 6: Darius Force, Sagaia (Consumer Version / Overseas Version Darius II)
Disc 7: Mobile Version Darius, New Arrange Music, etc.

Original Darius for the First-Time as a Disc-Based Package

The first time the original Darius is released on disc for a home game console, realized thanks to the help of Hamster, who manage the Arcade Archives game download service. This is the Arcade Archives version of Darius with the cabinet instructions panel display added to create a more arcade-like atmosphere.

Interview Booklet and Super Play Blu-ray Disc

The interview booklet contains 32 pages of interviews with the Darius series staff. The Blu-ray disc includes super play videos of the PlayStation 4 version of Darius, as well as the arcade versions of Darius Gaiden and G Darius.

Last edited:

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
So does this only include the first Darius game? The music sounds like an awesome package, just want clarity on the game.

Samuray

Another Striker
10 Year Member
So does this only include the first Darius game? The music sounds like an awesome package, just want clarity on the game.

Sounds like it, yeah. A friend of mine is an avid collector of soundtracks, he'll be all over this. Me....hmm...I think I'll stick to the PCE games. Great package though.

Sarumaru

Kabuki Klasher
Sounds like it, yeah. A friend of mine is an avid collector of soundtracks, he'll be all over this. Me....hmm...I think I'll stick to the PCE games. Great package though.

I have to agree with Samuray on this one. Music on the PCE CD titles especially rock! Although Darius Twin has some rad chiptunes. I wouldn't mind hearing some arranged tracks from that game :)

Anyway, my fave Darius track has to be "Olga Breeze" from Darius II. Here's the PCE version of that track:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql2ZEixjJ7M

And here's the Saturn version of that same track:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7P12ZIYibxY

Which in all fairness, I think they were aiming to sound as much like the arcade version as possible as it even has the dialogues.

As far as this PS4 Darius goes, it would have been nicer to have a collection of the games for that price. I am still tempted though...

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
Is this region free? I would def get it if it came out here. I hate how they get all these awesome exclusives.