Anyone got a Super Player SNES / SFC Clone?

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
I'm quite late to the party with these as they came out 5 years ago, but I wondered if anyone had one of these? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FlW7NCs-pO0

I have an original battered yellow PAL SNES with a broken eject button, the cost of getting it modded would be 」35 switched or 」65 switch less but hardly seems worth it.

Or I can get a new Super Player for 」35 from console goods. It says it works region free 50/60hz with 99.9% of titles, that's probably the same as what a modded SNES would do.

I really want to play some of the US SNES rpg gems I missed out on because I was a sega kid.

Anyone tried a SNES everdrive or SD2SNES on a clone device?

As an alternative I could just get a base unit Jap SFC and snap the tabs.

Last edited:

red impact

Crossed Swords Squire
I've got a switchless SNES with an everdrive and have had multiple regions over the years but never had a clone device but I imagine the hardware will effectively be the same so should be fine...maybe someone else will have first hand experience. I think the 99.9% is due to some carts being region locked by Nintendo - Super Mario RPG defo being one.

As for snapping tabs on a SFC, you only need to do that on a USA SNES.

SFC uses same PSU as PAL but USA will need stepdown converter.

jimjans

n00b
I'm quite late to the party with these as they came out 5 years ago, but I wondered if anyone had one of these? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FlW7NCs-pO0

I have an original battered yellow PAL SNES with a broken eject button, the cost of getting it modded would be 」35 switched or 」65 switch less but hardly seems worth it.

Or I can get a new Super Player for 」35 from console goods. It says it works region free 50/60hz with 99.9% of titles, that's probably the same as what a modded SNES would do.

I really want to play some of the US SNES rpg gems I missed out on because I was a sega kid.

Anyone tried a SNES everdrive or SD2SNES on a clone device?

As an alternative I could just get a base unit Jap SFC and snap the tabs.

Yes the clone one will work with all regions but will not switch refreshrate . Buy a orginal instead the picture quality is better to with RGB.