They call me Grizz

elGRIZZbo

Mr. Big's Thug
Howdy from North Carolina! I've been lurking here a while and finally joined a few weeks ago. My obsession with playing Neo-Geo fighting games like The Last Blade 2, Ninja Master's and Samurai Shodown II & IV brought me here.

I'm also a little bit of a video game collector although I haven't picked up anything particularly rare in quite some time. However, I do have a few desirable games in my library which I'll probably share pictures of as time goes by.

This seems like a wonderful community and I feel honored to be a member.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
66413975.jpg

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
hello elbo! how did you get tahat name?

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Welcome to you! The noob hazing period is between 1 to 15+ years and depends on a variety of factors.

elGRIZZbo

Mr. Big's Thug
What stick do you play them with? We need to know.

We're VERY passionate about sticks on here.

Since I'm playing the Virtual Console versions of my favorite Neo-Geo fighters on the Wii here's the stick I use.

IMG_0679_zps7zkh8ioj.jpg

I modded this Mad Catz SE with Sanwa parts back when I was heavy in to Super Street Fighter IV but I eventually sold it.

MadcatzSEpostmod1.jpg

The honest truth is that I'm mostly a pad user so these are what I use when I play Street Fighter V on my PS4.

Hori%20Fighting%20Commanders_zpsmvpqw79b.jpg

I absolutely LOVE the one on the right because it reminds me so much of the Sega 6-button pad. I hope the rumors are true and a new Samurai Shodown game gets released on the PS4 next year so I can use that Hori pad to play it.

Lastly, I've been using the tag "Grizz" for years but it tends to already be used on most forums so I've started using elGRIZZbo now instead.

Thanks for the warm greetings from all!

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I have a stick, but often times go for pads. The CD pad is very comfortable and easy to execute different moves. Welcome!

elGRIZZbo

Mr. Big's Thug
I have a stick, but often times go for pads. The CD pad is very comfortable and easy to execute different moves. Welcome!
The Wii Classic Controller mimics the Neo-Geo CD pad quite well, don't you think?

Samurai%20Shodown%20Anthology_zps6kxisz5c.jpg

It would probably be a cool mod to put the CC's innards in to a CD's shell. Kinda surprised no one's done that yet.

Last edited:

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Welcome Grizz! You mentioned that you're currently playing your neo games on the virtual console. Since both options are emulation anyway, out of curiousity, was tommo's neo geo x ever an option for you? The system gets a lot of hate, but as someone who is using legal emulation to get your neo fix, I'd be curious to hear your oppinion between the VC and NGX options.

elGRIZZbo

Mr. Big's Thug
Welcome Grizz! You mentioned that you're currently playing your neo games on the virtual console. Since both options are emulation anyway, out of curiousity, was tommo's neo geo x ever an option for you? The system gets a lot of hate, but as someone who is using legal emulation to get your neo fix, I'd be curious to hear your oppinion between the VC and NGX options.

I never really considered buying a NGX but now that I've gotten a taste of how good Neo-Geo fighting games are I find myself wanting to buy an Omega.The passion for physical NG cartridges on this site is rubbing off on me. :D

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I like beating my wang against Semitsu buttons for extra style during rounds........Welcome by the way.

elGRIZZbo

Mr. Big's Thug
I like beating my wang against Semitsu buttons for extra style during rounds...
Great way to make a name for yourself at the local arcades. ;)

Speaking of Semitsu, I'm thinking the next arcade stick I mod will probably include an LS-32 rather than the Sanwa JLF I used on my last mod.

Kyle Rayner

Banned
Howdy from North Carolina! I've been lurking here a while and finally joined a few weeks ago. My obsession with playing Neo-Geo fighting games like The Last Blade 2, Ninja Master's and Samurai Shodown II & IV brought me here.

I'm also a little bit of a video game collector although I haven't picked up anything particularly rare in quite some time. However, I do have a few desirable games in my library which I'll probably share pictures of as time goes by.

This seems like a wonderful community and I feel honored to be a member.

Nice, I saw that Samuri Shodown is coming to Nintendo Switch soon. I'll give it a go there.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
How long can this spamming spree go. Will he reply to the first post of every thread ever made in this section? I would be impressed if so. In fact, I believe that this should be the requirement for Kyle Rayner to be able to access the market.

Kyle Rayner

Banned
How long can this spamming spree go. Will he reply to the first post of every thread ever made in this section? I would be impressed if so. In fact, I believe that this should be the requirement for Kyle Rayner to be able to access the market.

I could care less about the market place, Im just reading all the new peoples posts and being welcoming. Nice to meet you Tripredacus, I am a Sabers fan, you guys have a great young talent in Jack Eichel up there.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I could care less about the market place, Im just reading all the new peoples posts and being welcoming. Nice to meet you Tripredacus, I am a Sabers fan, you guys have a great young talent in Jack Eichel up there.

If ANYONE asks... it wasn't me...

I am RELAXING!!!!