Rot Proposes this... for the Neo Geo DEV and HOMEBREW section?

Sarumaru

Kabuki Klasher
Perhaps a section under Miscellaneous for Neo Geo homebrew development? Just a thought. I've always been interested in being involved with an NG-CD project somehow. Seeing how there is homebrew and indie-dev out there, it might be nice to see some ideas come from this forum. Just a suggestion. ;)

Black IcE

Earl's Long Lost Brother,
15 Year Member
With the NEOSD coming out, that may not be a bad idea...

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I'll think on it...

A specific place for such matters is OK.... like for the Raz bios in the tech section... but it overlaps with parts of the forum...

I hate a messy forum layout... hence, I will have to review this later and consider what best to do with this suggestion..

xROTx

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
OK... I generally like the layout of the forum in terms of how many main forums we have...

It is simple, neat and easy to navigate... hence I am loathe to add more main forums onto the main page.... so this is what I propose:

1. I can change the name of news and rumours to:

News and Rumours including all Homebrew Projects. THEN under this section create a Sub-Forum for Homebrew projects... such as NG.dev and neosd..

2. I can then create a Sub-forum in the Neo Geo Tech Forums for homebrew projects... and move them into this new section...

These will include the Raz Bios support, NG.dev support... and probably the neosd support...

I am in two minds about the second part.... as the tech support area will become fragmented... ALSO, there a number of stickies in there that are useful but tidying them up will be a biatche...

xROTx

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Hmm... do we really need a new subforum for dev stuff? I simple thread title suffix could do the trick as well, like [DEV].

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Hmm... do we really need a new subforum for dev stuff? I simple thread title suffix could do the trick as well, like [DEV].

Yeah.. I'm considering this as well...

I hate fragmenting the forum up...

xROTx

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Its a very good idea to have a dedicated forum for this. My suggestion would be to have a sub forum in tech support, so instead of 4 sub forums there would be 5 including the new 'NeoGeo programming/homebrew dev' section. It would be quite annoing for homebrew programmers if threads got derailed quickly due to topics being bombarded with comments maybe not related to the topic as sometimes happens :) Putting under tech support makes more sence to me.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Its a very good idea to have a dedicated forum for this. My suggestion would be to have a sub forum in tech support, so instead of 4 sub forums there would be 5 including the new 'NeoGeo programming/homebrew dev' section. It would be quite annoing for homebrew programmers if threads got derailed quickly due to topics being bombarded with comments maybe not related to the topic as sometimes happens :) Putting under tech support makes more sence to me.

So... essentially what you're suggesting is... under the Tech Forum...:

1. Neo Geo Tech Support
2. General Tech Support
3. Homebrew Tech Support
4. Monitors and Displays Tech Support
5. Boot or No Boot

I was suggesting THIS:

1. Neo Geo Tech Support >> Homebrew Tech Support
2. General Tech Support
3. Monitors and Displays Tech Support
4. Boot or No Boot

Mmhh... your way Raz would add another line into the forum mainpage... mine doesn't:D

xROTx

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Yes either way would work

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
An entire section for home brew seems like a Hyper64 ghost town, that scene needs to struggle within the confines of the current forum set up and make some loud noise before it gets its own space.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
An entire section for home brew seems like a Hyper64 ghost town, that scene needs to struggle within the confines of the current forum set up and make some loud noise before it gets its own space.

I agree, but if Razoola is for it then I am for him. He's done so much for the Neo-Geo and all of us he deserves his own sub-forum.

soiaf

n00b
I'd like to see a homebrew section. While I'm currently coding for the NES, I'm hoping to start learning Neo Geo development next year, so would be great to have an area here to ask questions, get ideas and feedback etc.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
It seems silly to me that "Neo-Geo.com" doesn't have any detailed technical info about the Neo-Geo.

Sarumaru

Kabuki Klasher
I found this to be sufficient, didn't... you?

I was thinking the purpose of a sub forum for NG dev-talk would be good for like minded individuals who just wanted to connect with other people to perhaps bring some new homebrew to the scene. Every other forum seems to have a section for it and was surprised this one did not. But considering how old these forums are already, and no such section has existed before makes me think that those kinds of individuals aren't around these parts anyway. It was just a suggestion though.

^__^

Sarumaru

Kabuki Klasher
And an interesting one -- you just took my post out of context.

My bad, I was trying to elaborate but sometimes I ramble. However, the pdf in that thread has a great deal of useful information. Thanks for that! I should have mentioned it prior to my ramblings.