PC Engine Duo-R...who is doing repairs on these nowadays?

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I finally need to get my Duo-R fixed / modded.

AV cable in back is flaky...unless its wiggled into just the right position, no signal. I imagine it's a cracked or broken solder joint, but my soldering skills suck and I don't feel like totally ruining the console.

Anyone with a good rep repairing these? Might want to do an S-Video upgrade at the same time.

If anyone knows anything, lmk. I am tired of fighting with wiggling the cable till I get signal

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Talk to Kiehl. He does mods and repairs.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
If you open it and confirm its just solder on the AV jack, I can do it for free. Just you pay shipping both ways. I did mine when I first got it.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
If you open it and confirm its just solder on the AV jack, I can do it for free. Just you pay shipping both ways. I did mine when I first got it.

Yeah I still have to open it up and check. It's just an assumption based on the fact that moving the av cable can resolve the issue

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I thought I had the right security bit but mine is a bit too large. Will have to swing by MicroCenter this week and grab the right one.

Just tested console again on an older tv w/o my xrgb-mini hooked up, and was able to get consistent signal by propping the av cable up and slightly towards the right. As soon as I removed the prop I lost signal. CD and hu-card games all work flawlessly

Of course on my main tv w/ the xrgb, finding the right position is impossible considering it takes the xrgb multiple seconds to pick up any signal

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member

I really appreciate the offer man, but I think I am just going to get it RGB moded. I know the system is working perfectly except for AV port, so I may as well get some sweet rgb video while I am at it haha. But that was a super nice offer for sure!

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
if not kiel (who is awesome), you could hit up jetblue.

Dominance9

Pleasure Goal
If your other leads dont pan out I know of someone who mods and fixes too. If you want their info just shoot me a pm.

raylyd

n00b
I do repair's for any console :) from the UK.
If anyone needs anything just PM me.