Can/Should I put a Sony PVM inside a big red MVS?

dagoto19

n00b
So I've been having trouble with my ol' WG K7000 monitor and after taking it apart and recapping it I decided to give up and wait a few weeks while I send it to a friend of mine to try and fix it.

While I've been waiting I got the idea of putting a 20 inch Sony PVM inside the cabinet.

My question is simple, should I use the PVM as my main arcade monitor? Or just wait around till my board gets fixed and keep the K7000 around?

Also, has anyone had any experience putting a PVM inside an MVS cabinet? I have some ideas of how I would put it inside the cab but nothing concrete.

http://m.imgur.com/EXKzN4s

Last edited:

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I put a 20" PVM in my converted one slot. It was convenient that it had a shelf basically in there already; I didn't even de-case it, I just made a couple mounts on the back that hold the feet of the monitor in place.

neopvm.jpg

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Looks legit!

Reminds me of a conversion I did with DZ way back in the day.
MVS CP 1.JPG
We grabbed a red huge piece of plastic used in staples for their shelves, cut it to size and slap that Baby blue SNK logo.

Edit: I'm planning to use one of my PVMs in a Saturn Kiosk I got, it could turn out well.

DSC00797.JPG

Last edited:

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Pvm's are so awesome.

Ps: hey electricgrave! How you doin'? :D

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Hey Rats, doing allright man, you know, living the dream.

Jag-Master

"Hey, are we done here?..., Cause I'm losing my bu
15 Year Member
Love that Saturn kiosk. Brings back memories of Toys R Us.