Thread: CSY-2100 vs FusionITR's Scart to Component converter

Schlonginator II: Judgment Dong

CSY-2100 vs FusionITR's Scart to Component converter

A lot of us have had the old CSY-2100 RGB to SCART converter for some time, and it works well. Some of the rest of you may be wanting to pick one up, and aren't sure why you should pick one over the other. I don't think I've seen anyone else who has both devices, and I just got my converter from FusionITR today, so I thought I would give my impressions.

I've always loved my CSY. I've had it for nearly 10 years and was my stepping stone into RGB gaming. I stopped using it when I got a PVM, but recently put it back into service after getting rid of the PVM and picking up a 27" Wega. All was fine until I picked up one of the HD Retrovision cables for the Genesis, and it improved the Genesis color clarity quite a bit. The SNES looked like shit by comparison, but it's a launch SNES which has fairly crap RGB anyway so I didn't think much of it. The more I played of it after switching between SNES and Genesis I wondered if Fusion's converter might not be better than my old one. Here are some pics I took using Final Fight 3 with the old box. My camera isn't great at capturing CRTs, so bear with me (opening image in new tab helps too):

Before 1.jpg

Before 2.jpg

I swapped to the Fusion:

After 1.jpg

After 2.jpg

There is a SIGNIFICANT difference in color here! You can't really tell but it's a bit sharper too. It looks a lot more like my PVM used to! When testing with other games everything looks better. My main issue with the old converter is that no matter how I set the pots the greens were always too strong is not an issue at all here.

Fusion's box is a bit more expensive than the CSY, but it's well worth the extra price IMO. It's great.
    Last edited by GohanX; 10-28-2016 at 10:38 PM.

Stupid Bitch.

Wow, the pics are like night and day.

Thanks for the comparison.

Yea, the csy while has this cool blue image while the fusion one looks natural.

Morden's Lackey

So glad you posted this. I've been looking to see if anyone had experience with it yet. Looks like a damn nice improvement. I bet it looks great in person.

Another Striker

That looks like a nice improvement! How much do these go for?

Schlonginator II: Judgment Dong

I think it was $80.

King's Dry Cleaner

By any chance, is that guy that sells that converter maybe also a member here? Just asking.

drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.

I would be very interested to see if adjusting the various pots inside the CSY makes any difference to the cool blue output.

For the tunes chat crew!

Kyo's Flame
    Sunnyvale, CA http://www.twitch.tv/danadamkof

Quote Originally Posted by Thierry Henry View Post
    By any chance, is that guy that sells that converter maybe also a member here? Just asking.
    He's FusionITR on here.

Thread Information