Support bracket for Daedalus

Vendest

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Hi,

I'd like to share this design made by a colleague of mine who owns a 3D printer.
It helps to support the MVS cartridge at a proper angle and release the load off the Daedalus slot
The 3D drawing will be uploaded next week.

support_1.jpg

support_2.jpg

support_3.jpg

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I think it's safe to say it now...

The Daedalus sucks, or is at least poorly designed.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I think that would be more affective if the cradle portion extended itself the full width of the mvs cart supporting all corners rounding out with legs resting on the AES system. I personally would only feel comfortable having the cart rest on something wedged between it and the AES.
BB

Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Hahaha... support brackets! It works so well on a symbolic level, that I wouldn't change a thing: an MVS is just too hard to handle for an AES.

Vendest

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I think it's safe to say it now...

The Daedalus sucks, or is at least poorly designed.

The horizontal position of the slot is clearly its weakness.
But...high compatibility rate. 100% in my case. It can handle Crossed Swords 2 and Ironclad too.

I think that would be more affective if the cradle portion extended itself the full width of the mvs cart supporting all corners rounding out with legs resting on the AES system. I personally would only feel comfortable having the cart rest on something wedged between it and the AES.
BB

I understand your point and was sharing my concerns over the design to my colleague but it is strong enough to maintain a 90° angle.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The only thing you need for the Daedalus is something between the AES cart and system shell to make it in the right position. This 3D printed part is nice but it also lacks proper support for the MVS cart and Daedalus as a whole. If you don't understand what I mean, place something about 1/4" between the Daedalus and the system she'll in the cart area. You'll instantly see the difference.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
The horizontal position of the slot is clearly its weakness.
But...high compatibility rate. 100% in my case. It can handle Crossed Swords 2 and Ironclad too.

There's nothing electronically special about either Crossed Swords II or Ironclad...