PGM DDP Bee Storm II - cart error

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Greetings,

I have a Bee Storm cart - it is going to an error screen after stage 5 - regardless if in IR or Combat, regardless if on 1 credit or continues.

Here's a pic of the screen it goes to:
0VGP57w.jpg

PCB's are both clean - no obvious issues.

Any ideas?

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
I had a similar problem with my Bee Storm cart, always crashing near stage 2 boss. It ended up being a Motherboard problem. I know it's very strange...

The "bad" mobo works with all my other games, but crashes with Bee Storm. I've bought another mobo and never had problems with the game ever again.

Do you have a different mobo to try the game?

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
I had a similar problem with my Bee Storm cart, always crashing near stage 2 boss. It ended up being a Motherboard problem. I know it's very strange...

The "bad" mobo works with all my other games, but crashes with Bee Storm. I've bought another mobo and never had problems with the game ever again.

Do you have a different mobo to try the game?

Interesting, my Bee Storm cart does that too at the same spot, but only on the first play through. If I reboot and play it again, it passes the spot where it crashes each time. Could be the mobo, it's a beat up one from Sheep Nova - I'll have to try a different one.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I had a bee storm always crashing at the same spot, even on 2 diff mobos. It took 3 rounds of cleaning the cart, and some red deoxit (The stuff with the needle applicator) and it finally cleared up.

Also Mike if you need the v102 upgrade rom, Or if you just want to try changing that eprom out to see if it helps at all, shoot me a PM and I'll just send you one.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
I had a similar issue with Bee Storm that was a mobo issue. The battery had been replaced but whomever did it forgot to remove the charging circuit. Took that out and it worked flawlessly from there on.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Alex - thanks for the offer; i'll let you know - i'll probably take you up on that.

---------------------------------

I have a mother on a 3.6 Varta as well, will try it on that and see if the issue resolves and can confirm it is a mother issue and likely tied to an incomplete coin cell replacement mod.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
My Bee Storm cart with a stock v100 rom actually plays fine all the way through. It's only when I install a v102 rom that I had burned that the game will constantly crash at Stage 2. Put the v100 back in and it plays fine again.

I had assumed it was just a badly burned v102 eprom, but interesting that it could be linked to my PGM's battery mod.

Image:
Spoiler:

Jmbvqt1.jpg

Last edited:

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
If you're curious I could verify the rom or burn you a new one. I burned my own and it works fine.