Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Joystick for Genesis /MD

Guerilla Warrior

Joystick for Genesis /MD

What's the best joystick to get for the Genesis/ MD? I got to get me something for my shmups.
    "NG.com breaking balls & crushing dreams since '99".

XE-1 ST2 from Micomsoft. Best of the best.

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
    Remember: if you have sex in the crushing poverty of third world India, do not use any form of contraception!

The Capcom one ain't bad either if you need 6 buttons.

Neither of those could outdo a custom stick like the one you built for the Neo previously Marty, just make one for the genny and you'll be all set. I made one for the NES based on the ascii stick which is by far the nicest mass produced stick I've seen for Famicom and yet I feel the one I made is way better. Everything from that era that isn't high grade Ascii or Hori is not even worth the hassle.

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
    Remember: if you have sex in the crushing poverty of third world India, do not use any form of contraception!

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricGrave View Post
    Neither of those could outdo a custom stick like the one you built for the Neo previously Marty, just make one for the genny and you'll be all set. I made one for the NES based on the ascii stick which is by far the nicest mass produced stick I've seen for Famicom and yet I feel the one I made is way better. Everything from that era that isn't high grade Ascii or Hori is not even worth the hassle.
    QFT.

Neo*Geomancer

Yeah, custom stick using new hardware FTW.

Jin's Bodyguard

Hori Fighting Stick Multi is a good one.

Guerilla Warrior

I know it bro i should just build one, might just end up doing one. Only thing is i wanted the switches to turn on and off rapid fire. Some of those shmups wear my fingers out.

Guerilla Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by WoodyXP View Post
    Woody, I checked this stick out looks pretty damn cool. I like how it has a detachable cord for each of the systems. Do you have this stick now?

Jin's Bodyguard

Quote Originally Posted by MCF 76 View Post
    Woody, I checked this stick out looks pretty damn cool. I like how it has a detachable cord for each of the systems. Do you have this stick now?
    I sold it off years ago. But out of all the MD sticks I've owned I thought it was the best. I had the ASCII, Capcom and Arcade Power sticks(3 & 6 button).

King's Dry Cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Panda View Post
    XE-1 ST2 from Micomsoft. Best of the best.
    Best non custom made answer, seconded.

Marty, I've got one of these if you are curious. Ironically, I've no SNES or PCE to try the other cords it comes with.

Guerilla Warrior

I sold it off years ago. But out of all the MD sticks I've owned I thought it was the best. I had the ASCII, Capcom and Arcade Power sticks(3 & 6 button).
    Of all the sticks I have been looking at the Hori multi would be my only choice. I got a Hori PC fighting stick for my PCE and I really like it a lot. I'm sure this one would be pretty close in feel.

Jin's Bodyguard

Of all the sticks I have been looking at the Hori multi would be my only choice. I got a Hori PC fighting stick for my PCE and I really like it a lot. I'm sure this one would be pretty close in feel.
    It has a completely different feel, the multi is made of plastic.

An adapter for a 3 button setup can can be done quite easily.

The 3 button controller IC is very simple and uses shelf parts.
    There was no immunity to cuckoo ideas on Earth.
    Here was the reason human beings could not reject ideas because they were bad: "Ideas on Earth were badges of friendship or enmity.
    Their content didn't matter. Friends agreed with friends, in order to express friendliness. Enemies disagreed with enemies, in order to express enmity.

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

This. Nothing tops a custom stick but if you want a good stick that gives you the ability to also play on your snes and pc engine then the Hori fighting stick multi it is.
    Last edited by RAZO; 10-24-2016 at 01:44 PM.

JammaNationX

What's the best joystick to get for the Genesis/ MD? I got to get me something for my shmups.
    Just get a Mike Moffit Neo to Genesis controller adapter.

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Xian Xi View Post
    Just get a Mike Moffit Neo to Genesis controller adapter.
    True, you won't have 6 buttons for SF bUT that's probably the only game you would need 6 buttons for anyways.

I know it bro i should just build one, might just end up doing one. Only thing is i wanted the switches to turn on and off rapid fire. Some of those shmups wear my fingers out.
    If you opt for the custom route and still would like to have turbo then you could always hack one of them turbo genny pads and add the switches to your stick, it's really not that hard. Some pads have individual switches, others have a general switch.

On the other hand the Hori Multi isn't that bad at all.

Here's a mod I actually thought it looked real slick.

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

Yea, that looks really nice. I love that stealth look with the clear buttons and red letters. Came out really good.

18 replies and no one else has said to get a JAMMA Genesis and use your candy's CP?

Guerilla Warrior

If you opt for the custom route and still would like to have turbo then you could always hack one of them turbo genny pads and add the switches to your stick, it's really not that hard. Some pads have individual switches, others have a general switch.

That would be killer to do a hack on one of those pads. Have you ever done that and put in a stick?

Also did you build that stick EG? If so looks badass!
    Last edited by MCF 76; 10-24-2016 at 09:29 PM.

Akari's Big Brother

dat shit is badass.

i still havent gotten around to converting my stripped down T6 shell into a Genny stick but this right here makes me want to go all in.
    Last edited by Wachenroder; 10-24-2016 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RAZO View Post
    True, you won't have 6 buttons for SF bUT that's probably the only game you would need 6 buttons for anyways.

I will note that we played the shit out of Super Champ edition with 3 button controllers.
    There was no immunity to cuckoo ideas on Earth.
    Here was the reason human beings could not reject ideas because they were bad: "Ideas on Earth were badges of friendship or enmity.
    Their content didn't matter. Friends agreed with friends, in order to express friendliness. Enemies disagreed with enemies, in order to express enmity.

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

I had a blast playing with a 3 button stick when I was kid but I don't have patience for that shit now. I still play champion edition from time to time on the Genny. Brings back great memories.

Genyosai's Servant

I like the JAMMA genny idea.

I just threw a genesis padhack into a 3 button real arcade VF (saturn) stick. Who wants a 3 button saturn stick? It's plenty good for my genesis gaming.

This stick:
    Last edited by skate323k137; 10-25-2016 at 06:00 PM.

Thread Information