NeoVGA or Framemeister

I am about to order a consolised MVS soon and I have the option to get it with a NeoVGA installed. Difference in costs aside, which would output the better picture, NeoVGA via component cable at 480p or Framemeister at 1080p on the same TV? I suspect that 480p would give a slightly blurry picture on a 1080p panel (flame me if wrong :P)

I am aware Framemeister adds some lag whilst the NeoVGA is virtually lagless. Thank you!

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
480p on a 1080p display is going to introduce lag from the upscaling.

mikejmoffitt

Mickey's Coach
NeoVGA itself is lagless, but however you choose to display it can introduce lag. Different TVs will introduce different amounts of lag from upscaling 480p to the native display resolution; how bad this is differs from TV to TV. If it can do it in about two frames, it generally will do better than the framemeister will. Some TVs in "Game Mode" do pretty well taking 480p (there's no deinterlacing to try to do with a 480p source) so some research on your TV first would be helpful, if available. Of course, the Framemeister is more versatile if you plan on using other consoles on this TV too.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
The Framemeister is worth the investment. You can use RGB anywhere with the right adapter and no modification to many systems.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Absolutely Framemeister. Depending on the television, lag is barely noticeable. I've done dumb things like upscaling my AES to 1080p via the Framemeister, then to 4K on the internal upscaler on my Samsung JS7000 70 inch screen, and in game mode lag is not perceptible. It was as easy to pull off combos in any fighting game as it felt on a CRT I keep around for gaming

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
What's dumb about that? Sounds ideal to me. 4K screens are generally good at upscaling 1080p content.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
What's dumb about that? Sounds ideal to me. 4K screens are generally good at upscaling 1080p content.

haha just "dumb" in the funny way up upscaling the Neo all the way to 4K...talk about a huge resolution bump. But even then, my point stands...xrbg mini is a great upscaler and it looks great at 4K

ginoscope

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Framemeister arrived today ;)

I would recommend getting these framemeister profile (http://www.firebrandx.com/framemeisterprofiles.html) they are pretty awesome. There are not any Neo Geo specific ones yet but they are great for most systems.

I been a framemeister owner for about a year and I have been very happy with it. I like that it's a solution for more than one system. I still also game on a CRT because sometimes you want choices.