Metal Slug 4 MVS - Legit or Fake?

Wolfie79

Quiz Detective
Hi all, long time not posting since always on the run between work and kids and all, finally starting to settling down and back to some neo geo gaming/collecting, will update new pics in a new post soon, in the meantime can anyone take a look at the pictures and see if the boards is legit or not?
Metal Slug 4 - label looks like the korean version,
its literally mint, as new, and what made me think it could be fake is the case of the mvs cart itself is matte and not glossy like all my other carts, then again I only have US or JAP mvs carts.. never had any korean version...IMG_5329.JPGIMG_5331.JPGIMG_5332.JPG

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Legit. There were a ton of these NOS coming from Korea recently, and they all have matte case.

Wolfie79

Quiz Detective
I thought so cos even the quality of the prints and the serials matching cart/box (its a complete kit) but since matte was not sure :) Thanks a lot ^^

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
I also have a slug 4 boot :keke: I think they were made around when the game was new, therefore profitable to bootleg. Not so profitable today I'm sure.

IMG_1858.JPG

pegboy

Armored Scrum Object
It's 100% legit. You can still buy tons of NOS MVS kits from Korea for very cheap. I have the exact same one that comes with the purple bubble wrap.

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
I also have a slug 4 boot :keke: I think they were made around when the game was new, therefore profitable to bootleg. Not so profitable today I'm sure.

View attachment 40035

At least your boot looks nice, all the ones I have are covered in windowed EPROMs and a gallon of flux and jumper wires with dicey looking soldering.

Wolfie79

Quiz Detective
It's 100% legit. You can still buy tons of NOS MVS kits from Korea for very cheap. I have the exact same one that comes with the purple bubble wrap.

Yeah thats it, purple anti static bubble wrap here as well :) me and a mate got 1 each and just wanted to be sure, no boots so far out of 29 carts :).

dragonpt

Over Top Auto Mechanic
10 Year Member
That's a very "clean" bootleg indeed...
The one I had (before I was abl€d to buy an original one) was full of window eeproms, and a mess

Cheers