Nintendo Switch

BladeDancer314

Windjammers Wonder
I might get this once there's a revision update to the console, too many issues right now.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
Literally the only issue I've had so far is one huge lag spike in Zelda while docked. It wasn't 20fps; it was basically a brief freeze, maybe a full second or two, and then recovery. I have not done anything with the Joy Cons, however. I use the Pro Controller when docked, and leave the Joy Cons attached at all times.

I am planning to pick up Snipperclips to play co-op, so that will test tempt the Joy Con issues.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
In my one night of play I haven't used the Joycons at all either, but the pro controller is nice. It feels a little cheaper than it probably should for $70, but the placement of everything is perfect.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Maybe I will pick up a pro controller some time, it's just another cost and it wasn't cheap to start with. It seems crazy that a console would come without a fully functional controller.

I've been perfectly happy playing on the handheld though. I played Zelda for a few hours again last night on it. At the moment I am just using the dock to charge the thing.

xxjimmypxx

Rugal's Thug
I've been perfectly happy playing on the handheld though. I played Zelda for a few hours again last night on it. At the moment I am just using the dock to charge the thing.

I've been playing it the same way, just tossing it in the dock to charge for the night. Most of my buddies think I'm nuts that I don't want to play it on the big screen, but I'm really enjoying this as a handheld.

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
I'm still having lag with my joycon controller. It'll work fine for a while and then the input will just stop working properly. I was getting about a 1 second delay last night, between pressing a button and it happening, and it made Zelda unplayable on my TV. I heard this can happen from interference? I don't really know what would be interfering though.
Looks like this may be the reason with the lag.

http://www.pcmag.com/news/352245/nintendo-may-end-up-recalling-switchs-left-joy-con

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
The lag has actually been both sides though, not just left. I've not had any disconnection issues, just problems with input lag. It might be the same issue, but I'm not sure.

I haven't noticed anything lag wise but the bulk of my gaming has been docked using the pro controller so I'm not sure if I'm in the clear or not. Fantastic controller and claims 40+ hours of play per charge. Kinda neat that the amiibo reader is built in too so no reason to get up to use the joycons. They definitely suckered me into buying the amiibos on Zelda as I don't want to spend 90 rupees per arrow at the tech lab for those guardian killer ones but I have gotten at least 6 already since I unlocked them.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
The Wifi connection is absolute dogshit again. Same with the Wii and the Wii U.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Wifi on a game system is for noobs anyway. Ethernet or die.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
The Wifi connection is absolute dogshit again. Same with the Wii and the Wii U.

Nintendo don't want you to own an aquarium. Get rid of your fishes and buy some Pokemon games instead :keke:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Wifi on a game system is for noobs anyway. Ethernet or die.

I tried using the original ethernet adapter for the wii and that didn't work. It doesn't work for the Wii U either. God forbid nintendo installing an ethernet port in their shit consoles.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
I tried using the original ethernet adapter for the wii and that didn't work. It doesn't work for the Wii U either. God forbid nintendo installing an ethernet port in their shit consoles.

I've bought a $6.99 knockoff from Best Buy years ago (the Rocketfish one) and I never had any problem with it. I actually bought 2 of them just in case. I still have the 2nd one if you want it.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Meh don't bother. Right now it lost connection to my wifi again.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Meh don't bother. Right now it lost connection to my wifi again.

How far away is your router?
My Switch is connected just fine through 6 inch brick wall at the moment. You may want to try 5ghz or change your wifi channel.
inSSIDer is a easy tool to see which channel would work best if you are still on 2.4ghz

I do sit fairly far away from the TV at home, so it'll be interesting to see if I have joycon issues. I have only been playing undocked at the moment. I'm willing to bet the designers tested joycon range based on the average Japanese living room size.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
It's only the switch that has the problem, every other device works perfectly with my wireless, excluding the Wii U which has not the best connection but still better than the switch. The wall between my office where the router is and my living room isn't all that thick.

Jag-Master

"Hey, are we done here?..., Cause I'm losing my bu
15 Year Member
It's only the switch that has the problem, every other device works perfectly with my wireless, excluding the Wii U which has not the best connection but still better than the switch. The wall between my office where the router is and my living room isn't all that thick.

You are right on the money there Shroom. All my other devices work fine, just the damn switch is having issues. If I walk a few steps in one direction the signal is lost. Shit is irritating to say the least.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
What's the big deal? It's not like this thing has many online features. :keke:

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
I have joycon disconnects (primarily the left one) if I block the top of it in any way. I believe this has been confirmed but there is literally no antenna extension in these, and people have already fixed it by opening up the con, and soldering a simple 2 inch piece of wire to extend it. The wire stays inside the controller.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
You guys don't seem to be exactly loving your new system. If Zelda wasn't on there, what good would it be? I mean, really?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I really like the system for what it is, but if it didn't have Zelda I wouldn't have bought it yet.

gray117

Crazed MVS Addict
15 Year Member
Basic fabrication flaws, mediocre components and mediocre performance, (if you're being generous) not untypical lack in launch titles, poor customer service over issues,design flaws....no system winning pack-in, overpriced everything...And no Mario game? .... Someone was desperate to shit this out before the tax year.

If this wasn't Nintendo there'd be bonfires... But it is... So we're all holding out hope for the platform. But Nintendo deserve a kicking for their approach and levels of 'service' - they've really bare boned this thing.

But above all, personally and slightly illogically I just hate Konami for royally fucking up bomberman... Seriously...

Last edited: