Nintendo Switch

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Ethernet would help, but the bigger issue is that almost everyone else is also on laggy wifi. It's kinda useless. I've been hoping the PS4/Xbone version goes on sale sometime so I can play it online instead.

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
Any one here pick up Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum 'n' Fun! yet? I got to play it for a few hours at the local barcade. There is a patch for English language and multiple styles of play if you're not a fan of the accessory which is simply too loud.

I was a huge fan on the PS2, but am on the fence since I don't know any of the music. :keke:

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
I plan on picking it up when it is released stateside in November. Don't need it from Play Asia that bad.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Any one here pick up Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum 'n' Fun! yet? I got to play it for a few hours at the local barcade. There is a patch for English language and multiple styles of play if you're not a fan of the accessory which is simply too loud.

I was a huge fan on the PS2, but am on the fence since I don't know any of the music. :keke:

What's the accessory? I thought this was played with the Joy-Cons.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member

I've had it for about two weeks. I got the drum with it, which I prefer over the joycons. It's just more accurate.

I haven't quite perfected the lag calibration yet, and you're right about the songs. Overall, I like the PS2 version better, but this new game is fun, especially with multiple people to play mini games.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Switch’s Ver. 6.0.0 Firmware Update is slated to be coming in September

Nintendo Switch Online subscription support (apparently the slogan is "More Games. More Features. More Fun.")

Save data backup

New Toad icons: 2x Captain Toad, 2x Toadette, 1x Wingo, 1x Draggadon] (https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...60_screenshots_and_new_user_icons_from_users/) (from Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker)

New controller icons: Famicom, NES, SNES/SFC

Mitigations against deja vu, an unreleased Switch exploit

Enhanced telemetry to detect exploit utilities among other things

wju2004

Armored Scrum Object
I've had it for about two weeks. I got the drum with it, which I prefer over the joycons. It's just more accurate.

I haven't quite perfected the lag calibration yet, and you're right about the songs. Overall, I like the PS2 version better, but this new game is fun, especially with multiple people to play mini games.

Never got to play the PS2 version, but I just went ahead and ordered the drum at least. Figure I can pick up the game once it comes out. Amazon even had it from a seller with a 5% coupon, so got it for around $63.

I played the actual game at a convention back in July and loved it. I'm sure the music won't be as good, but the game was fun as hell and always had a line.

(Still regret on picking up the controller for the vocaloid games for the PS4, so not missing out on this.)

Last edited:

fake

15 Year Member
The new Yoshi game is called Yoshi's Crafted World.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
https://youtu.be/CRuHg1dv8MI

Highlights

Animal Crossing for Switch Announced
Diablo 3
Final Fantasy VII, IX, XII, and X/X-2 coming
Capcom beat em up bundle
Luigi's Mansion 3
Online service details and date

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
https://youtu.be/CRuHg1dv8MI

Highlights

Animal Crossing for Switch Announced
Diablo 3
Final Fantasy VII, IX, XII, and X/X-2 coming
Capcom beat em up bundle
Luigi's Mansion 3
Online service details and date

Katamari Damacy Reroll is probably the game I am most excited for. One of the most original games ever created.

Getting PS1 era FF games on a new console is always nice, especially on Switch since it can be played on my tv, or taken when I'm out of town.

The Capcom beat em up bundle also looks promising.

I have to say though, I'm a bit tired of the same old Nintendo IP's getting made over, and over, and over, and.... over.....

Where the hell is F-Zero, Punch-Out!, and Kid Icarus???

I understand Mario Party will sell consoles, but who gives a shit about half of the other stuff. Another Yoshi game that will be a failure. Kirby again.... Another New Super Mario.... UGH... Those games are so easy... If you're going to keep churning out the same stuff, at least give us stuff we want. Like Twilight Princess, and Windwaker. So we can sell our shitty Wii-U consoles. Who's in charge over at this place?

They need to start making it a point to at least be working on one title to pull in the fans who have been playing/spending a small fortune, since the 80's.

Katamari is going to be sweet though.

Last edited:

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Looks like the NES Switch controllers will only be sold through Nintendo's site.

https://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service/special-offers/

With a Nintendo Switch Online membership, you can play enhanced NES™ games the way they're meant to be played—using Nintendo Entertainment System-style controllers!

$59.99

Shipments will begin in mid-December 2018. Subject to availability at time of purchase.
Features:
- Rechargeable Battery – Attach the controllers to the Nintendo Switch™ system to charge them
- Two Controllers – Available as a set of two controllers for competitive and cooperative fun

Limit one purchase per Nintendo Account with paid Nintendo Switch Online individual or family membership. Offer not available for trial membership.

NES game list:

Launch:
Soccer
Tennis
Donkey Kong™
Mario Bros.™
Super Mario Bros.™
Balloon Fight™
Ice Climber™
Dr. Mario™
The Legend of Zelda™
Super Mario Bros.™ 3
Double Dragon
River City Ransom
Ghosts'n Goblins™
Tecmo Bowl
Gradius
Pro Wrestling
Excitebike™
Yoshi™
Ice Hockey
Baseball

October:
Solomon’s Key
NES™ Open Tournament Golf
Super Dodge Ball

November:
Metroid™
Mighty Bomb Jack
TwinBee

December:
Wario's Woods™
Ninja Gaiden
ADVENTURES OF LOLO

As long as you remain a member, you'll have access to the full line-up of games at any given time.

*Active Nintendo Switch Online paid membership and periodic online check-in required.

fake

15 Year Member
Katamari Damacy Reroll is probably the game I am most excited for. One of the most original games ever created.

Yeah, re-buying 10+ year old games instead of getting new high quality games for the console you paid $300 for is great!

Seriously though, I was rolling my eyes through most of the presentation but there were a few things I liked...

NES / Famicom controllers. Oh, but of course Nintendo doesn't want money, so those are only available to subscribers and are one set per household.

Capcom beat 'em ups. Some stuff that hasn't been ported. Let's hope the emulation doesn't suck.

Yoshi's Crafty World or whatever it's called. Looks cute and fun.

Daemon x Machina might be good.

Oh and of course no mention of Metroid.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Yeah, re-buying 10+ year old games instead of getting new high quality games for the console you paid $300 for is great!

Only if they're better than the AAA titles being released in the near future, or they are games that were among the best on their respective consoles.

I'd rather have Katamari than any of the other stuff being released, but I'd still rather have some of the games mentioned earlier more.

Seriously though, F-Zero is way overdue...

That NES list is garbo. I really want to know who's like "Yes! We need Baseball and Tennis!". They could have picked way better titles to lure people in.

Last edited:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I just saw the Capcom game on Nintendo's site last night, for 20 bones, seems worth it. And of course the those controllers will be for subscribers only, the subscription revenue is all profit for them and recurring revenue is great for a company. The launch lineup will probably be fun for people who aren't nerds like us who still own a NES, so I can see the appeal.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
I just saw the Capcom game on Nintendo's site last night, for 20 bones, seems worth it. And of course the those controllers will be for subscribers only, the subscription revenue is all profit for them and recurring revenue is great for a company. The launch lineup will probably be fun for people who aren't nerds like us who still own a NES, so I can see the appeal.

Let's be real about those controllers and the whole subscribers only thing. I see it as them trying to make sure everyone who wants em will get em. I'm pretty sure if they offered those things for pre-order for anyone and not limited to one person per order, We'd be seeing those fuckers on Ebay for 150 bucks or higher already. Limited it to one per Nintendo account means that they're almost cutting out the scalpers completely from this.

fake

15 Year Member
Let's be real about those controllers and the whole subscribers only thing. I see it as them trying to make sure everyone who wants em will get em. I'm pretty sure if they offered those things for pre-order for anyone and not limited to one person per order, We'd be seeing those fuckers on Ebay for 150 bucks or higher already. Limited it to one per Nintendo account means that they're almost cutting out the scalpers completely from this.

Or they could just make more of them.

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
The direct was good i thought. 3ds is still alive and getting some great GC/Wii ports. New Luigis Mansion is great news. Starlink doesnt look too bad either. $20 a year for the online service is cheap and they will offer some nice features like being able to play NES games. Though looks like they are taking the VC approach where they only offered a limited selection and release a few games a month. Im excited for the new Gamefreak rpg and daemon x machina. I don't really care about pokemon gen 1 remakes.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Or they could just make more of them.

You know damn well Nintendo is gonna be Nintendo and not do that. Honestly I'm fine with them doing it like this. They should have done something like this with the NES Classic instead of letting it turn into the scalping fuck fest when it was 1st released.

Honestly I'm sure they make more but for now doing it like this is good for the people just getting the service so making sure they're covered 1st is a good thing. The 2ndary market can fuck off for awhile.

Last edited:

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
I wasn't expecting much from this Direct, I thought it was going to be full of just Smash Bros and Online service updates. But I was pleasantly surprised they showed a bunch of stuff I'd see myself buying.

The bombardment of Square-enix games was interesting. I don't who asked for Crystal Chronicles, but it's an interesting call to remaster. I guess the Switch is lacking a bunch of 4-player experiences, so Nintendo must be scrambling to put up anything. Even if it's a weak title.
The re-releases of the FF's was a surprise. Original FF7 on the Switch is perfect! And if the FF7 remaster turns out to be shit, I'll be happy with playing the original on-the-go instead.

Diablo looked like ass to me. They really downrezzed everything, which is expected for the hardware, but it just didn't look that impressive.

Civ on Switch is bad news, for trying to get anything else done in life. I'm excited for it, but I know it's going to be a time vampire.

Starlink looks interesting, but I'm uncertain how much Starfox is in it, or if it's lightly Starfox driven but they're marketing it that way for sales.

Capcom beat-em-ups collection is cool. I hope it does well, because I'd love to see a Konami beat-em-up collection also. Especially if they can get the 4-player online multiplay going (or 6-player X-men!). Fat chance though since all the Konami stuff is heavily licensed.

As for the online NES service stuff, the controller marketing is stupid. You can only purchase 1 set per family/account, and you need to have the subscription for it to work. Why bother when you can get an 8bitdo controller instead, and use it with all other games.

All said and done, I had next to zero expectations from this Direct and it was great from start to finish for me.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Ohhhh I like those NES controllers - guess i’ll be signing up for their online service. $20 a year isn’t bad...

I suppose this is all redundant though since I already have a hacked NES Classic, but whatevs

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
As for the online NES service stuff, the controller marketing is stupid. You can only purchase 1 set per family/account, and you need to have the subscription for it to work. Why bother when you can get an 8bitdo controller instead, and use it with all other games.

The Nintendo ones are reasonably priced and they charge via joycon rail which is pretty cool.

It would be better if they had done snes controllers and games for the online launch though.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
That Capcom Beat-em Collection looks great. Will still buy but would have been super awesome if they included C&D and Punisher.