Nintendo Switch

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I saw that bit coming from Digital Foundry. They use variations of the word 'assume' too much for me to take what they're saying as solid information at this point. I'm sure they have some of it right, but they don't have the big picture, just a fuzzy smaller one. If you're hoping for a PS4 forget it, but this isn't going to be a slouch either given at least what Zelda was showing. At the least it'll beat out what the WiiU can do, but by how far is up to interpretation. It does make total sense of the speed docked and not, it's that whole thing about them having a scalable system they talked about where it can run the same software in multiple environments where the console is preferred in quality, but game play wise and the play experience won't be impacted with some of the a/v quality being degraded on the go.

bello

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
Love Nintendo but NX Switch is going to fail hard considering how cheap and powerful tablets are nowadays.
This is probably going to kill Nintendo!
Historically, Nintendo struggles when it tries to compete with Sony and Microsoft.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
IDK what you have been watching but Nintendo hasn't tried to compete with Sony or Microsoft since the Wii. They are in the handheld market now, competition is only against mobile devices. They are not making a console.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
We're under 12 hours now. I haven't been more excited for a Nintendo reveal since the GC and GBA days.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Just preordered the system and zelda. I can always cancel before release, but figure I better lock in a copy to cover my bases.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
I can't recall a product I've gone from this excited about to this apathetic about in such a short period. The Treehouse Live presentation better be a whole lot better than last night's:

edit: The extended live demo of Arms makes it look much more compelling, but I'm still not completely sold on it.

Last edited:

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
I watched last nights presentation, if you can call it that. What a shame. Nintendo has completely lost its marbles!!

I am not sure if it was the translation or what, but they all sounded unsure, and complacent with themselves.

NintentoDoesWhatTheyShouldn't

lions3

Igniz's Servent
i'm a huge Zelda fanboy. So i'm excited about it being a release title. Hmm... but there really isn't much else. Hopefully some of the 3rd parties will give release dates closer to launch. Else i don't really see myself needing to keep my preorder.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
so far i'm not giving a shit. maybe until they announce a metroid or a f-zero game. and make some of those wii u games available for the switch like mario kart 8 and smash brothers.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
so far i'm not giving a shit. maybe until they announce a metroid or a f-zero game. and make some of those wii u games available for the switch like mario kart 8 and smash brothers.

Rumor said that Vanillaware is working on Metroid?????

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Rumor said that Vanillaware is working on Metroid?????

if that's true then i'm guessing it will be a 2d metroid game. which i'm totally fine with. i really like muramasa. so i have hope that vanillaware will do a good job with a 2d metroid game.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member

Same here. I still dig the handhelds because they always have a ton of cool games but I think Im done with Nintendo Consoles. I should have stopped at the Snes but I keep falling for the fanboy hype.

Shipwreck_00

Armored Scrum Object
Zelda looks awesome and you can't go wrong with bomberman but either way I'll wait it out for a couple months I haven't bought a system on launch date since the DREAMCAST. 9/9/99 ITS THINKING!!!!

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I can't recall a product I've gone from this excited about to this apathetic about in such a short period.

I was really stunned by how lackluster the line-up was. I think that impacted hype for preorders at retail, too. I went to Gamestop an hour before they opened and I was the only person there. It took a good 45 minutes before a second person even showed up looking to preorder.

Breath of the Wild finally wowed me, though...because, for the first time, it actually looked like a Zelda game by showing all the cool Zelda-related cast that make up a post-Ocarina Zelda game. I had been really apathetic about this game as it just looked like a big, empty dungeon-less sand box.

Stuart989

Sexless Insecure troglodyte, Has an awesome pc rig
Worst console presentation in history. Underpowered Arm-based cortex A-57 cpu which is already outdated even by mobile standards, 32 GB storage (LOL), pay to play online for a service that is weaker than the others, weak 3rd party support, wii u ports of 1st party games, and lame lineup at launch which is even worse than the wii u. How is that possible? This is going to flop again. Nintendo is going down...

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
Pre-ordered one off the amazon.de site. The rest won't ship it over here.

Since my card will only get charged on the day of shipping, I can always change my mind about it.

Judging from previous console launch prices in this neck of the woods, it will work out cheaper for us to import it.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
Here's a guessing game for those who may wait for a hardware revision before jumping in. Is the Switch going to follow Nintendo's console pattern of removing features with revisions or their portable one of adding them?
  • NES lost its composite output.
  • GB got smaller and a better screen.
  • SNES lost its RGB output.
  • GBC died on the vine.
  • N64 lost its internal RGB capability.
  • VB died on the vine.
  • GC lost its digital video port.
  • GBA got a better screen and clamshell.
  • Wii lost its backward compatibility and Wifi.
  • DS got bigger and smaller, more comfortable, and DSiWare.
  • Wii U died on the vine.
  • 3DS got bigger, better 3D, better CPU, and more controls.
So which will the Switch be?

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Sorry Nintendo, but I cancelled my preorder. I'll just sit back and let others be the early adopters.

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
Love Nintendo but NX Switch is going to fail hard considering how cheap and powerful tablets are nowadays.
This is probably going to kill Nintendo!
Historically, Nintendo struggles when it tries to compete with Sony and Microsoft.

Pre orders right now are 750k so I'm pretty sure this will do ok.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Pre orders right now are 750k so I'm pretty sure this will do ok.

Consoles sales don't matter. Honestly, MS, Sony, and Nintendo should give away the hardware. The money is in the software and third party licensing. So, I don't think counting pre-orders is a good way of gauging a console's success.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Where did that 750K number come from? Seems high, but then again $300 these days for a device like that people would probably be more likely to pull the trigger on than just a console alone with its current specs. It's I guess fairly comparable to the Shield console system, anyone know if Nvidia ever published sales figures on that thing or the tablet either?