Nintendo Switch

MC708

n00b
I really hope there's more proper Odyssey DLC down the line - a new kingdom would be ideal, but even another new minigame would be fine by me. Alternatively they could just make the Cloud kingdom or Ruined kingdom much more expansive, but I doubt Nintendo would do that. Time will tell

wju2004

Armored Scrum Object
I would love to see a return of Mario Maker, honestly. That was one game that actually drew me to the Wii U. I never got into making levels, so much, but I enjoyed the hell out of the creativity and challenge of some of the ones others made.

Mr. Mort

Another Striker
Mario Maker is one of the last awesome Nintendo exclusives on the WiiU. If they bring that and 3D World to the Switch, it’ll almost be as if the WiiU never existed. All it’s good/great exclusives will have been ported over, and the system will truly fall into obscurity.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Word around the campfire is FZero will be presented at E3 this year.

Grendell

Morden's Lackey
Capcom are idiots .... i hope no one will ever us this stupid cloud rental shit , there are enough other resident evil games to port for the switch , resident evil zero , resident evil remastered and someday the remastered of RE 2

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Capcom are idiots .... i hope no one will ever us this stupid cloud rental shit , there are enough other resident evil games to port for the switch , resident evil zero , resident evil remastered and someday the remastered of RE 2

I seriously doubt this is a total Capcom thing. Nintendo filed for a patent for cloud computing on the Switch back in June of 2014. Can't believe you've already forgotten about that. Here is an article about it.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...evice_and_cloud_resources_for_a_gaming_system

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Runner3 came out yesterday, I had no idea such a thing existed until the day before. Nicalis published it, so physical copies come with the usual assortment of little goodies. I got the only copy at my GS, doesn't look like Target is carrying it, even though they usually do get Nicalis stuff.

wju2004

Armored Scrum Object
Runner3 came out yesterday, I had no idea such a thing existed until the day before. Nicalis published it, so physical copies come with the usual assortment of little goodies. I got the only copy at my GS, doesn't look like Target is carrying it, even though they usually do get Nicalis stuff.

I can already sense the anger coming from myself at thinking of playing this. XD

Just stupid little mistakes, mistiming, but damn I enjoy these games. Might have to pick up a physical copy then. Target has it on their website, but doesn't look like any stores are carrying it.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I'm disappointed in the switch; it's turning out to be another N64/GC/WiiU in terms of good games.

Spycee

Cheng's Errand Boy
I'm disappointed in the switch; it's turning out to be another N64/GC/WiiU in terms of good games.

I don't think it's that bad ... At least there's multi-console games like Skyrim. You can buy a Switch and still get many good "non-nintendo" games. And the indie physical support seems pretty good so far, it's good for us collectors.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I love the physical releases, especially from nicalis. They definitely make them unique.

Should be done with Axiom Verge this week. I love the game variety, and it's only getting better.

Spycee

Cheng's Errand Boy
I love the physical releases, especially from nicalis. They definitely make them unique.

Should be done with Axiom Verge this week. I love the game variety, and it's only getting better.

Ohhh ... Axiom Verge is great ! I must say that I didn't like it too much for the first hour or 2, it felt a bit like the game had no ... soul ? Wandering aimlessely ... But it made sense not too long after. The original Metroid feel is very strong, and it was so good.

I'm on Setsuna right now, and I'm not very impressed. Very minimalist, and very bland. Nothing to look for except materials, the dialogs are sooo basic ... I'm near the end, and I have to motivate me a lot to continue.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Dark Souls seems like it will be a good fit for the Switch.

Also I want a Monkey Ball for Switch. Let's get some more Sega games!!

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
Ohhh ... Axiom Verge is great ! I must say that I didn't like it too much for the first hour or 2, it felt a bit like the game had no ... soul ? Wandering aimlessely ... But it made sense not too long after. The original Metroid feel is very strong, and it was so good.

I'm on Setsuna right now, and I'm not very impressed. Very minimalist, and very bland. Nothing to look for except materials, the dialogs are sooo basic ... I'm near the end, and I have to motivate me a lot to continue.

I'm almost done, just trying to find the rest of the map. The soundtrack is incredible, and the design does Metroid well. Story...meh, but the action is top notch.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
If you get those 7 and need a 8th check out any of these: Zelda, Odyssey, MARIO kart 8, blaster master, steam world dig, puyo puyo Tetris, wonder boy dragon trap, shovel knight, cave story, Bayonetta 2, sf2 HD, axiom verge, tiny barbarian, splatoon 2, lovers in a dangerous space time, over cooked, 88 heroes, rayman legends, MARIO rabbids, sonic mania, gun volt. Between me and the kids we are at about 30 titles, but any of those above I would buy again if I had the option to return them. The other 9 are kinda bleh.

I have played 90 percent of them to completion and I’m looking forward to Blood stained, steam world dig 2, owl boy, monster boy cursed kingdom, Metroid prime to name a few.

Lots of more great wiiu ports too but I’m not gonna by those again but if you don’t have them they would definitely be worth picking up.

I already own Splatoon 2, and of all the games you listed the only ones I plan to get are BotW, Bayo 2, and MK8D.

I already own Blaster Master Zero, Axiom Verge, Rayman Legends, Gunvolt, Puyo Puyo Tetris, and Shovel Knight on other systems.

I have no interest in getting Switch games that are available on another system I already own. Switch is for exclusives and Wii U ports only.

Spycee

Cheng's Errand Boy
I'm almost done, just trying to find the rest of the map. The soundtrack is incredible, and the design does Metroid well. Story...meh, but the action is top notch.

Yeay, you don't play it for the story, I agree with that ! I loved to have a wide choice of guns, I changed it often but not too often, it was just perfect. I still need to hack all the enemies, some day I'll return to it.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member

I'd liken its library more to the Wii. A lot of really crappy games since every dev and his mother wants to get on the gravy train, but also some standout exclusives that make it worth owning. Unlike the Wii, it at least gets a solid number of ports of the biggest titles on other systems, but none of those are worth playing if you can play them on PS4 or XB1.

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I had no idea that a new Psyvarviar was being made for Switch and PS4. I played a ton of the PS2 game.

wju2004

Armored Scrum Object
Welp, swung by the TRU close to home and found Axiom Verge still in the case for 50% off. Picked it up for $15, so will have to give it a chance now.

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
Welp, swung by the TRU close to home and found Axiom Verge still in the case for 50% off. Picked it up for $15, so will have to give it a chance now.

It's fun, and I love the dedicated speedrun mode included. Beat it today and enjoyed my time to want to explore it further.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
I'd liken its library more to the Wii. A lot of really crappy games since every dev and his mother wants to get on the gravy train, but also some standout exclusives that make it worth owning. Unlike the Wii, it at least gets a solid number of ports of the biggest titles on other systems, but none of those are worth playing if you can play them on PS4 or XB1.
Well said. I feel like the ratio of bad to good is going to continue to get worse as well for the same reasons. Developers that generally lack talent will continue to flock to it, and ports that it really can't handle will become more likely to be attempted.

We're five months into 2018, and I haven't bought a single retail game for it and only bought Pulstar and Gunbarich digitally IIRC. That's a world of difference from 2017 when I got several retail games, including probably the most underrated game of the year in Mario + Rabbids. I'm really looking forward to that game's DK DLC and Octopath, but that's about it, pending E3. For context, I am a Wii U owner, so the ports have limited appeal to me.

edit: I forgot about the SNK 40th Anniversary Collection.

Last edited:

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I feel like BOTW and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 are the only exclusives worth owning. As far as physical games go anyway. I'm OK with that though, because there's too much being released across all consoles and PC to play everything anyway.

Figuring in now that there's a Dark Souls port, and a Skyrim port the console is worth owning just to have those portable. Then there's a good number of digital only games, such as the Neo ports, Golf Story, and the new Sonic game.

It's already blown the Gamecube, Wii, and Wii-U out of the water.

Plus Metroid and a proper Fire Emblem are coming. Possibly even a new F-Zero.

Edit

Plus Valkyria IV is coming to Switch.... Will be a must own.

Last edited:

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I'm most hyped with the new pokemon game that will get announced and is rumored to be released this year. That will be huge for the system. Also looking forward for Prime 4. The new mario tennis is looking good and also there is a rumor that they will announce a new star fox racing game. Not sure if true but if it is I would be very curious to see.