ports i remember being happy to play as a kid were:

Spy Hunter (NES)
POW (NES)
TMNT (NES)
Final Fight (SNES)
NBA JAM (SNES/GENESIS)
SF2 and MK (SNES/GENESIS)
Fatal Fury (SNES)

its crazy how kids would rather play junk ipad games instead of the current lineup of games on the PS4...the ports from when i was young were fun...but theyre pretty trash compared to their originals...

i want to buy a switch...but i want to use a fightstick...does anyone here use their ps3/ps4/xbox fightstick w the brooks converter? is it worth spending the extra cash on the switch hori RAP stick?

Spycee

Cheng's Errand Boy
Let these kids like what they want. If they want to just play COD and the latest Madden or Fifa than fine. I like how today there is options for both younger and older generations. I don't blame a millennial for not liking old school games when he grew up with the ps2. Same way I didn't like Atari shit back when I was playing my Genny.

What makes me sad is more that they (not all of them, of course, but a lot I know) often don't want to even try something else. I'm not just talking about older games, I mean just trying something new and maybe less mainstream. Maybe the problem is that there's too much games offered and they prefer to keep focus on what they're sure to like. Back then there were a lot less games so we would jump on anything new and we kept this mentality.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Well after that leak about a guy from NIS leaking some juicy info about how Sony is treating smaller developers and Nintendo is wooing them, this comes as no surprise.
I guess so all i heard there was a listing for it coming to PS4.Nintendo definitely sure has been more open to smaller publisher/developers with the switch.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Or, just don't get part 2 since there's nothing worth playing on it anyway.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I’ve heard good things about X8, but I wonder if that’s because of the sour taste people had in their mouths after X7.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Just got one of these things a couple days ago.

My code: SW-0064-1698-0903

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
Or, just don't get part 2 since there's nothing worth playing on it anyway.

This. This guy's got this series figured out.

Also, I think it's a minor shame the GBC MM Xtreme games weren't included in this, I actually really dig those ones.

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Edition gets a day one patch adding Vs. and training modes.

Mr. Mort

Another Striker
Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Edition gets a day one patch adding Vs. and training modes.

You mean basic shit that has been a standard inclusion in home fighting games since the mid-90’s?
Capcom continues to disappoint. This release is looking to be very bare-bones.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
I got one on friday. heres my little code thingy if yall want to play something:

sw-4411-1540-9827

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I'm looking forward to Floor Kids. I just found out about this game today:

I love the hand-drawn look. Also, Kid Koala is involved with this game, for those who are into Breaks and Electro music. This started off as a series of short animated films about break battles, animated by a friend of Kid Koala's. I guess someone saw it and thought, lets make a game!

**edit: looks like this was already released. Gonna grab it tonight and try it out.

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
You mean basic shit that has been a standard inclusion in home fighting games since the mid-90’s?
Capcom continues to disappoint. This release is looking to be very bare-bones.

I'm surprised they're going to add it at all since the games are just straight emulations of the CPS versions.

Mr. Mort

Another Striker
I'm surprised they're going to add it at all since the games are just straight emulations of the CPS versions.

They are now, after people started bitching about it. I understand the point that it was intended to be a straight up arcade-port, but it’s 2018. They need to put a little more effort than just giving us some arcade ROMs.

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
The thirst is real with this console, wheres all the new games. I've barely turned the unit on since December and I'm not paying good money for roms. E3 round the corner, hopefully we get some gold. Pokemon would seal the deal for me, that and a port of Resi 4.

Don't regret my purchase, Odyssey and BOTW are fantastic games and the Skyrim port was quality.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Yeah, I bought the system knowing full well that it only has about 7 games that I'm willing to buy. Though there are many more that I know are going to be released soon-ish.

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Yeah, I bought the system knowing full well that it only has about 7 games that I'm willing to buy. Though there are many more that I know are going to be released soon-ish.

If you get those 7 and need a 8th check out any of these: Zelda, Odyssey, MARIO kart 8, blaster master, steam world dig, puyo puyo Tetris, wonder boy dragon trap, shovel knight, cave story, Bayonetta 2, sf2 HD, axiom verge, tiny barbarian, splatoon 2, lovers in a dangerous space time, over cooked, 88 heroes, rayman legends, MARIO rabbids, sonic mania, gun volt. Between me and the kids we are at about 30 titles, but any of those above I would buy again if I had the option to return them. The other 9 are kinda bleh.

I have played 90 percent of them to completion and I’m looking forward to Blood stained, steam world dig 2, owl boy, monster boy cursed kingdom, Metroid prime to name a few.

Lots of more great wiiu ports too but I’m not gonna by those again but if you don’t have them they would definitely be worth picking up.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
The thirst is real with this console, wheres all the new games. I've barely turned the unit on since December and I'm not paying good money for roms. E3 round the corner, hopefully we get some gold. Pokemon would seal the deal for me, that and a port of Resi 4.

Don't regret my purchase, Odyssey and BOTW are fantastic games and the Skyrim port was quality.

Darkest Dungeon has a physical release, and is one of the best physical releases. Even though it's a port of a PC game that's not AAA.

Jag-Master

"Hey, are we done here?..., Cause I'm losing my bu
15 Year Member
Gotta hold out for Metroid Prime 4...

This. Even a little teaser trailer would tide me over, probably a 2019 release. It's time they branch out and resurrect some other IP's other than the same ol' shit.