Nintendo Switch

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Just watched a news video though that said the processor has a fatal bug that allows full hacking of the system so a hardware revision is happening regardless so maybe they will tinker with some of these things a bit while they try to stop it.

Yeah, this sure will force the pace for Nintendo...

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
I've spent hundreds of hours on Zelda and Skyrim and I haven't encountered any reading error so far, only the usual Skyrim crashes for loading the memory too fast (too much action on screen or too many infos in the menus). I've bought them both sealed though.

Moe did you lick your copy of Gunvolt? I know the taste is adictive but come on bro, you gotta clean that shit up before you put it for sale :keke:

Last edited:

Totino

n00b
Nah, just what came with the system. Must be a known issue he contacted Nintendo and they said send it in and didn’t grill him at all. It’s worth mentioning he’s just inside the 1 year warranty still though. Just watched a news video though that said the processor has a fatal bug that allows full hacking of the system so a hardware revision is happening regardless so maybe they will tinker with some of these things a bit while they try to stop it.
I read that too. I'm curious to see what comes out of that. Nintendo better hurry up and release their virtual console before someone beats them to it haha

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I've spent hundreds of hours on Zelda and Skyrim and I haven't encountered any reading error so far, only the usual Skyrim crashes for loading the memory too fast (too much action on screen or too many infos in the menus). I've bought them both sealed though.

Moe did you lick your copy of Gunvolt? I know the taste is adictive but come on bro, you gotta clean that shit up before you put it for sale :keke:

I lick all my games - the saliva is how I establish provenance. Should I not be doing that???

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I lick all my games - the saliva is how I establish provenance. Should I not be doing that???

I heard the taste is like insanely awful, why would anyone even test those waters? The last thing I would want is poo poo mouth.

Spycee

Cheng's Errand Boy
I'm refraining myself to try licking the carts ... Nintendo tells me not to, and because of that I'm thinking to try that all the time when playing. I fear to like that !

Soon will we change "this game looks good" to "this game looks tasty" ???

Spycee

Cheng's Errand Boy
Not familiar with these games but limited run is selling these separately for 29.99 each and a limited edition set of both for 90 bucks Monday.
db225ad9c4957a08bd9700a6fb3c8ca0.jpg

I usually don't go with this kind of special edition, but I made an exception for that. The game was programmed in Montréal and I have friends that worked on it, so it's a bit special for me. But yeah, it's overpriced, they are 30$ each for regular edition.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I heard the taste is like insanely awful, why would anyone even test those waters? The last thing I would want is poo poo mouth.
I did it once for science. Can confirm, was awful.

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
REALLY hoping for a physical release ... Should happens since it's Nicalis, they're great for that :)

Dude I will so buy a physical release of ikaruga on switch...

Turn the ststem sideways and play with an external pro controller... wish I would’ve had that as a kid...! Imagine playing that shit in the back of your mom’s van on a long car ride!!! Sure beats super Mario land!

Spycee

Cheng's Errand Boy
Dude I will so buy a physical release of ikaruga on switch...

Turn the ststem sideways and play with an external pro controller... wish I would’ve had that as a kid...! Imagine playing that shit in the back of your mom’s van on a long car ride!!! Sure beats super Mario land!

Today's kids are so lucky to have acces to all of these marvels and they just want to play COD non-stop ... I'd do anything to be a kid again with all these games and hardware !

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
Today's kids are so lucky to have acces to all of these marvels and they just want to play COD non-stop ... I'd do anything to be a kid again with all these games and hardware !

Right... all I had was a gameboy color and a UNLIT GBA for quite a long while. Remember WORM LIGHTS?? Fit into the gameboy expansion port...

When I was 13 or so I imported a silver Game Boy Light. I was the coolest kid even though black and white GB was already obsolete by then.

I’ve licked a Nintendo switch game. Can confirm they taste wonderful.

Last edited:

Spycee

Cheng's Errand Boy
Right... all I had was a gameboy color and a UNLIT GBA for quite a long while. Remember WORM LIGHTS?? Fit into the gameboy expansion port...

When I was 13 or so I imported a silver Game Boy Light. I was the coolest kid even though black and white GB was already obsolete by then.

I’ve licked a Nintendo switch game. Can confirm they taste wonderful.

I didn't have a worm light but something that wraps around the gameboy, it had a magnifier with it ... Don't know the name, it would be fun to find it someday. Even with that it was impossible to play Metroid 2 at night.

Oh man, the gameboy light was great ! But didn't exist when I was young ...

I remember when I was in 6th grade, going to woolco to buy a power glove with my hard earned money, and just before paying I saw a "gameboy" little console, and I was intrigued so I bought that instead. Probably the best decision in my whole life !

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Yeah i see announcement video for it,though the rumor was PS4 but i guess it was for the switch instead.

Well after that leak about a guy from NIS leaking some juicy info about how Sony is treating smaller developers and Nintendo is wooing them, this comes as no surprise.

Takuro Yamashita, NIS America President: For the JRPG market, the biggest country is France, so most of our key titles, such as Ys VIII and the Disgaea series, we localise the game in French to get in a much better position in Europe, because the French market is the biggest for JRPG titles. We’re starting to do more on Nintendo Switch, SNK Heroines is not the only one. We’ve teamed up with Nintendo Europe for our other Switch titles. They support us in a good way. Compared to that, Sony is not friendly with small publishers like us. They just care about big Japanese companies. Also, if we simultaneously release a Switch version and a PS4 version of the same title, currently the sales trend is two to one. That means the Switch version sells twice as much as the PS4 version. Physically and digitally. A lot of PS4 titles are coming up, so the market is very competitive. Compared to that, the Switch market still has a lot of room for publishers to make money.
Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2018/04/1...y-snk-heroines-interview/#DbM3r0Djd2k1d1Z2.99

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide

I thought about it, too. It's an alluring vision. The closest anyone got to it, I mean being technically and conceptually so much ahead of its time, was the Neo Geo Home console. Having a true arcade machine at home with 1:1 arcade games in 1992 felt like having a Game Boy Advance ten years before its release.

Think about OutRun. The first real 1:1 port came exactly 10(!) years after its arcade debut. It took three console generations to get there. Being able to play Viewpoint & Co. directly in 1992, instead 10 years after their releases, when the first perfect ports were finally ready, was bold, fresh and reckless at the same time.

Spycee

Cheng's Errand Boy
I thought about it, too. It's an alluring vision. The closest anyone got to it, I mean being technically and conceptually so much ahead of its time, was the Neo Geo Home console. Having a true arcade machine at home with 1:1 arcade games in 1992 felt like having a Game Boy Advance ten years before its release.

Think about OutRun. The first real 1:1 port came exactly 10(!) years after its arcade debut. It took three console generations to get there. Being able to play Viewpoint & Co. directly in 1992, instead 10 years after their releases, when the first perfect ports were finally ready, was bold, fresh and reckless at the same time.

The only problem is that there's not a lot of kids at that time that could afford that :) I didn't even knew about it until many years later. But yeah, that was the only thing relatively close.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
The only problem is that there's not a lot of kids at that time that could afford that :)

True, that's why I said "the closest anyone got to it". But I doubt that it could have affected kids as much as it did students, besides initial Wow!-reactions. The brutality of an arcade game concept suits older audiences more in my opinion. Now, that I think back, the PCE, aka Little Neo, with all its remarkable ports and adapted difficulty was more like it. If you got that via import in '88, you were in gaming heaven.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member

I think another to add to this is the PCE GT. The usual progression was arcade > home console > handheld. The neo aes bridged the first gap. The PCE GT bridged the second so in my eyes was right up there with the wow factor. Add to that that it was just about affordable and you had something that was really special.

Alas, it was never released in the UK so I just had to drool from afar. Convincing my parents to import a system would have been akin to asking them to change my name to Heihachi.

JRedmond3

NEST Puppet

The amount/availability/etc of games today really is an embarrassment of riches. Can be tough to kind of absorb everything in the way you could back in the day.

On the COD thing, my cousin, who's in his 20s, is kind of how you said. Only right now his game of choice is PUBG and when I suggested playing something else to mix things up he said that he was a 1-game gamer.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Let these kids like what they want. If they want to just play COD and the latest Madden or Fifa than fine. I like how today there is options for both younger and older generations. I don't blame a millennial for not liking old school games when he grew up with the ps2. Same way I didn't like Atari shit back when I was playing my Genny.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I think another to add to this is the PCE GT. The usual progression was arcade > home console > handheld. The neo aes bridged the first gap. The PCE GT bridged the second so in my eyes was right up there with the wow factor. Add to that that it was just about affordable and you had something that was really special.

Though I never had been a handheld guy, it's apparent even to me, that having a PCE in a GB-format and in color must have been ace back then. I totally agree with you here.

Alas, it was never released in the UK so I just had to drool from afar. Convincing my parents to import a system would have been akin to asking them to change my name to Heihachi.

Here I totally disagree, cause by far: SteveNK >>>>>>> Heihachi