Nintendo Switch

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Not familiar with these games but limited run is selling these separately for 29.99 each and a limited edition set of both for 90 bucks Monday.
db225ad9c4957a08bd9700a6fb3c8ca0.jpg

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Did anyone ever find out if the Switch port of Neo Turf Masters has the Scotland course?

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Was curious if anyone picked up Wild Guns Reloaded for the Switch? Guessing it's a Gamestop exclusive for physical release?

I remember enjoying it back on the SNES but was curious if it's worth picking up.

Got it today, it is good and $30 isn't too bad. Playing with the dachshund ftw.

Did anyone ever find out if the Switch port of Neo Turf Masters has the Scotland course?

It does not.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Not familiar with these games but limited run is selling these separately for 29.99 each and a limited edition set of both for 90 bucks Monday.
db225ad9c4957a08bd9700a6fb3c8ca0.jpg

looks like indie trash you can get on steam for a tenner or so.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
mercenary kings is 20€ on steam
flinthook is 15€

switch version still gonna sell out

Westcb

mercenary kings is 20€ on steam
flinthook is 15€

switch version still gonna sell out

I bought mercenary Kings figured if I hated it I could always sell it off and recoup some money. Interestingly the 90 dollar one was available at 10am and I reloaded the screen as I apparently did not have a login and it was sold out at 10:02am. This might be typical for how there pre orders go but I was definitely shocked to see 3000 copies gone that quick.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Mercenary Kings is trash. I bought it on steam because it looked like a fun game.
Turns out it's suuuuper grindy. You have to run the same levels over and over and over to get materials. Then you go to the next stage and repeat that process. It's like metroidvania on repeat.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Anyone had a game fail on them yet? I've got a game that's just recently stopped being readable, which is pretty annoying.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
No but I lost two of the little bastards. That's what I get for not putting them in a case I guess.

Westcb

Anyone had a game fail on them yet? I've got a game that's just recently stopped being readable, which is pretty annoying.

I got a copy of gunvolt off here, and initially it wouldn’t read. After ejecting the cart a couple times seems to be working ok again. Which game died on you?

StevenK

10 Year Member
I got a copy of gunvolt off here, and initially it wouldn’t read. After ejecting the cart a couple times seems to be working ok again. Which game died on you?

Arms. Bought it for my son, second hand though, he's pretty gutted. I was going to go at the contacts with alcohol rub but it's practically brand new, can it be that dirty so soon?

wju2004

Armored Scrum Object
No but I lost two of the little bastards. That's what I get for not putting them in a case I guess.

I bought a case almost immediately after getting the system...then thought I lost the case. Talk about having a heart attack.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member

Oh no the one you got from me? Sorry to hear that, but everything working okay now?

Westcb

Oh no the one you got from me? Sorry to hear that, but everything working okay now?

It worked after ejecting a few times, it would show up on the screen but when I tried to hit play it would throw some kind of an error and say cart was not inserted. I got three switches and everyone of them has had weird stuff happen. Probably console related? But either way it finally started booting after reseating a few times. I go out of the country next week so have been saving it to have something to play on my trip so I’ll really break it in then. Weirdest thing so far was the switch crashed on one TV while playing splatoon 2, and the image was frozen on the TV screen. I removed the switch from the dock and the image remained. Pulled the power from the dock and the image disappeared, reconnected power and the same image was back on the screen. This continued till I removed the HDMI cord and powered off the TV too. Pretty sure the dock has no memory so not sure how this works? Been a few more updates since then and it hasn’t happened again so hopefully it’s good now. My neighbors switch battery can only go about 30 mins on a charge now so pretty sure his is fucked, haven’t looked into if there is a way to even change the battery but i assume we will all be dealing with that eventually.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
It worked after ejecting a few times, it would show up on the screen but when I tried to hit play it would throw some kind of an error and say cart was not inserted. I got three switches and everyone of them has had weird stuff happen. Probably console related? But either way it finally started booting after reseating a few times. I go out of the country next week so have been saving it to have something to play on my trip so I’ll really break it in then. Weirdest thing so far was the switch crashed on one TV while playing splatoon 2, and the image was frozen on the TV screen. I removed the switch from the dock and the image remained. Pulled the power from the dock and the image disappeared, reconnected power and the same image was back on the screen. This continued till I removed the HDMI cord and powered off the TV too. Pretty sure the dock has no memory so not sure how this works? Been a few more updates since then and it hasn’t happened again so hopefully it’s good now. My neighbors switch battery can only go about 30 mins on a charge now so pretty sure his is fucked, haven’t looked into if there is a way to even change the battery but i assume we will all be dealing with that eventually.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4310mAh-In...859007?hash=item5202a7a33f:g:a-AAAOSw43haL5m7

For the battery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juEUWW6IDs0

Tutorial for changing it.

Westcb

Thanks for the link, I’m gonna pass it on to him. I’m assuming there is not enough space in it for a higher MAH battery but maybe they will have a hardware revision later to where it’s better. I expect batteries to get weaker over time but the one in my phone is about 80% for me after 1-2 years where this one being 30 mins max seems defective. I wonder if leaving it docked lowers the life expectancy?

StevenK

10 Year Member
Arms started working again. I'm happy, but can't help but think this is the start of a hardware issue.

Totino

n00b
It has become a big topic on Reddit. Seems to be a growing issue... You can't win. You buy digital and the games are never truly yours. And now people have failing carts on a year old system. Craziness.
I personally have not experienced this on the ~15 or so carts I have.

Did he use a third party charger or dock? I find it hard to believe his battery is completely trashed already. It's an easy fix at least.

Last edited:

Westcb

It has become a big topic on Reddit. Seems to be a growing issue... You can't win. You buy digital and the games are never truly yours. And now people have failing carts on a year old system. Craziness.
I personally have not experienced this on the ~15 or so carts I have.

Did he use a third party charger or dock? I find it hard to believe his battery is completely trashed already. It's an easy fix at least.

Nah, just what came with the system. Must be a known issue he contacted Nintendo and they said send it in and didn’t grill him at all. It’s worth mentioning he’s just inside the 1 year warranty still though. Just watched a news video though that said the processor has a fatal bug that allows full hacking of the system so a hardware revision is happening regardless so maybe they will tinker with some of these things a bit while they try to stop it.

wju2004

Armored Scrum Object
No issues here so far with my carts. I really do not want to go digital and anytime I buy anything digital I cringe.

Hopefully if this does become a big issue, Nintendo will offer some sort of solution, even if it's card replacement. Or repair for the slots. I need to pick mine up again and finish XBC2...probably forget how to place this point.