Nintendo Switch

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I actually just picked up a Nintendo Switch pro controller and boy is it nice to use. Now I leave my joy cons on it docked and play with the pro controller when docked. Feels so much nicer! I tended to prefer Xbox layout of the Playstation anyway so it's been really nice. Having the larger face buttons has been cool as well.

It's nice to have options and the GC controller is a great controller but If you play on a Pro controller you'll never want to play the Switch on anything else. The switch Pro Controller is awesome.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
It's nice to have options and the GC controller is a great controller but If you play on a Pro controller you'll never want to play the Switch on anything else. The switch Pro Controller is awesome.

100% agree on this. I found a Pro Controller in a Pawn Shop boxed for 60 bucks and said fuck it. It feels really damn solid.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
So the Gamecube controller now works on four different generations of Nintendo hardware, wow.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
100% agree on this. I found a Pro Controller in a Pawn Shop boxed for 60 bucks and said fuck it. It feels really damn solid.

Yes, between the 3 new Gen Consoles, I think the Switch Controller feels the best and I like them all. Good find by the way.

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
There is a pretty good sale happening right now on the eShop. There are 14 titles discounted at the moment, I heard mention that it was for Halloween so not sure how long this will last.

I'm going to pick up Odyssey day one just for the hell of it. The last games I played in the series were Galaxy and NSMB on the DS. The wedding plot and overuse of hats is really tiresome but I'll at least give the game a playthrough when it hits.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member

it's also fucking expensive.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Yea, It's expensive as shit. I think I paid almost $75 w/ taxes at GS. Insane for a controller.

65€ on amazon for the regular one, 66€ for the splatoon one, 80€ for the xenoblade one

too rich for my taste
I'd rather have a wired controller with a nice long cord anyway.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
65€ on amazon for the regular one, 66€ for the splatoon one, 80€ for the xenoblade one

too rich for my taste
I'd rather have a wired controller with a nice long cord anyway.

Wired controller or just get the chargeable joycon grip. The joycon controls feel pretty good too. Not as nice as the Pro controller but gets the job done.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
Speaking of controllers for the Switch,

Has anyone tried any of the 8bitdo line of wireless pads with it. How well do those work?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Is there any lag on those controllers?

Normal bluetooth lag. There was a recent firmware update that supposedly fixed the lag but I haven't updated mine yet. I played Shovel Knight and Blaster Master Zero with it and had no problems. Neo Geo games felt slightly floaty, i.e. Last Resort, Blazing Star, etc. But otherwise its great. Hooked up to my PC through USB I had zero lag with Cuphead. Used the controller to beat the game.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Normal bluetooth lag. There was a recent firmware update that supposedly fixed the lag but I haven't updated mine yet. I played Shovel Knight and Blaster Master Zero with it and had no problems. Neo Geo games felt slightly floaty, i.e. Last Resort, Blazing Star, etc. But otherwise its great. Hooked up to my PC through USB I had zero lag with Cuphead. Used the controller to beat the game.

Thank you brother panda. I'll pick one up and give it a go.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Using the Gamecube controller in BotW isn't really feasible, as you can't access the map and other functions related to the sheikah slate.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Using the Gamecube controller in BotW isn't really feasible, as you can't access the map and other functions related to the sheikah slate.

Yeah it's just better with the Switch Pro controller overall. Honestly I hate that Nintendo priced the fucking thing so high but I can't argue at the build quality of the thing. It says the thing can hold a charge of up to 40 hours but who in their right mind wouldn't recharge the fucking thing after each use?

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
They basically charged a premium for the Amiibo NFC reader inside the controller. At least you guys aren't in QC, they're asking $115 all in for the damn thing here :keke:

Last edited:

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
I use the Hori pad as a quick player 2 pad. Also use it on 2D stuff. Its definitely worth the price..

So i booted Mario Odyssey last night, was pretty tired from work so i thought "just a quick look before bed"...and 4 hours went on flying....

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member

What I don't understand is why can't the Wiimote + classic controller work in Breath of the Wild? Seems like the only options are the Wii U Gamepad and the Pro Controller, ugh.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I use the Hori pad as a quick player 2 pad. Also use it on 2D stuff. Its definitely worth the price..

So i booted Mario Odyssey last night, was pretty tired from work so i thought "just a quick look before bed"...and 4 hours went on flying....

My copy arrived yesterday and I meant to have a quick play but also spent about 4 hours playing. It seems great so far, my one issue is that there seem to be some motion controlled moves that cannot be done while playing on the pad. I rarely use my Switch on the TV and have no interest in motion controls, so it feels like I am going to miss out on some moves.

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
My copy arrived yesterday and I meant to have a quick play but also spent about 4 hours playing. It seems great so far, my one issue is that there seem to be some motion controlled moves that cannot be done while playing on the pad. I rarely use my Switch on the TV and have no interest in motion controls, so it feels like I am going to miss out on some moves.

Are you sure? didn't noticed. Its a strange decision if they did that. Will check later.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Are you sure? didn't noticed. Its a strange decision if they did that. Will check later.

I could be wrong, but I couldn't find a way to do the homing move with the cap. Motion control you flick and then wave it to home in on the nearest enemy. In the control list there is no option for standard button controls. This is also the same with the move that makes the cap spin around you, but I did manage this by spinning Mario around before throwing.