Nintendo Switch

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Oh what a gamer we have here, prolly an expert, surely, he must be great at games, certainly...

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
So it looks like the release data for the physical copy of Azure Striker Gunvolt got pushed back. For a long time Amazon had it listed in October but now it is saying December 31...bummer, was really looking forward to that.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Oh man, that's a game I want really bad. I already beat the first one on 3DS, the games look better in 3DS though, solely 'cause the pixels are in par with the screen, the scanlines are actually native to the screen, it is a great look. Still want it on the switch though, I like clean pixels too.

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
I got 88 heroes 98 heroes edition. It was awesome but after about 30 mins the charm started wearing off. I had a lot of fun trying to control and learn the different character. Some are just super obnoxious though but when I got to Rick Roll I immediately died because I was laughing so hard. The scan lines were nice they put on it and the call backs were fun. It was only like 24 bucks off amazon with the discount so no regrets and it appears this will be fun in small doses when I travel but not sure I would want to go through all 88 levels in one sitting.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Tiny Barbarian DX is solid, but it has some really hard parts like back in the day. Tempered a bit by the many checkpoint saves by mini area though but not much.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
Ghost Ship Panic, mini-game for the Nintendo Switch version of Resident Evil Revelations

Minigame for the Nintendo Switch version of Resident Evil Revelations 2

Last edited:

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Whats with the weird white graphical lines in front of the fire balls at :22 and again with the boss at the end?

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Fire Emblem Warriors tomorrow...normally not my type of game, but my wife loves the musou style games, and I'm a big Fire Emblem/tactical fan, so it should make for some fun co-op. I'm glad they went with the more cell shaded look instead on the low-rent 3d models we usually get in these kinds of games.

wju2004

Armored Scrum Object
Fire Emblem Warriors tomorrow...normally not my type of game, but my wife loves the musou style games, and I'm a big Fire Emblem/tactical fan, so it should make for some fun co-op. I'm glad they went with the more cell shaded look instead on the low-rent 3d models we usually get in these kinds of games.

Supposed to pick mine up tomorrow, but probably won't get to until Saturday. Really just into Fire Emblem recently and have been enjoying it.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
There was an article somewhere I read that people were complaining that now that the Switch has third party, there are too many games. Can't ever make anyone happy nowadays. I'm glad the system is gaining steam though. And the head of Titanfall roared with laughter when asked if they could get it to run on Switch. Yet ID was able to get Doom running and running well. I wonder what the real reason is? Shoddy programming?

Last edited:

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
There was an article somewhere I read that people were complaining that now that the Switch has third party, there are too many games. Can't ever make anyone happy nowadays. I'm glad the system is gaining steam though. And the head of Titanfall roared with laughter when asked if they could get it to run on Switch. Yet ID was able to get Doom running and running well. I wonder what the real reason is? Shoddy programming?

Hahaha, Titanfall...EA is a joke publisher nowadays anyway. They ran Visceral into the ground, made Maxis a joke, can't produce a playable basketball game, can't produce a non-cringe worthy NFS, burnt out the Burnout franchise, and allowed the '2-gens past looking', garbled technical mess that is Mass Effect: Andromeda to get punted out the door (and you know there's no way they didn't know that game was DOA before it went out the door).

I've known many a past EA employee, and the turnover rate is so high at their studios that they can never keep seasoned people on their payroll. It's like every title they publish is made by a bunch of kids just cutting their teeth on their first project. From what I've been told, the environment is fairly toxic at EA.

All of this to say, yeah, no wonder they can't do it, because...they just aren't good/creative/clever enough to make their games work on less powerful hardware.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I'm pumped for DOOM, this is the game that got me back into FPS games on the xboner, it's been a long time too.

I played through the PC version earlier this year. It's a great reboot. There's secret areas that look like the original doom.

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Super Mario Odyssey is coming out this Friday. Who else will be getting this?

Glad to see Nintendo actually putting some effort in their commercials.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4xW9aCg2zY

Wii U really dropped the ball in that department. At least the Wii had those two Japanese guys going around playing with people, but Wii U had nothing.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
I'll definitely try to get Mario on release day. I'll also pick up the new Wayforward game: The Mummy Demastered (metroidvania).

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Preordered it from amazon. I'm pretty excited about it. I need a reason to pick up and play the system these days.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I just got shipping notification on my copy of Odyssey :eek: I might have it tomorrow if I'm lucky.

sparksterz

Camel Slug
GameCube controllers with the Switch.

I actually just picked up a Nintendo Switch pro controller and boy is it nice to use. Now I leave my joy cons on it docked and play with the pro controller when docked. Feels so much nicer! I tended to prefer Xbox layout of the Playstation anyway so it's been really nice. Having the larger face buttons has been cool as well.

wju2004

Armored Scrum Object
GameCube controllers with the Switch.

I saw a video about this last night and started looking around online for them, including local gamestop stocks and they are already moving because the closest is gone this morning.

Of course can always buy a knock-off, but rather grab the real thing.