Nintendo Switch

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I think the problem is you have a video made from a video feed so it's blurry from the downgrade/conversion of it. Switch displays sharper.

Not quite the same but look at NBA2K18 Switch vs PS4, vs XB1. Not much of a loss and direct feeds at highest quality/switch docked (1080p)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZ9-tZqaMag

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
I hope so. It is still amazing that the Tegra chip can handle Doom. I know it was able to handle Doom 3 just fine on the Shield.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I'm not going to front. I purchased a switch two weeks ago and been having fun with USFII and Shovel Knight. I like that it looks great on the big screen and I can take it on the go. I haven't really taken it any where so far but it's been nice sitting on the couch and playing on that big tablet screen when I don't feel like putting it in the dock. I haven't played any of the Usual Nintendo Shit like Mario Kart and Zelda and don't plan on it until the price drops. I've purchased Zelda and Mario games before and hardly played them. I just hope they just don't release the usual Nintendo shit like Kirby, DK, Mario, Zelda and they come out with some more Arcade Action type games and less gay rpg's. If not, it's going to turn into a quick buy and sell for me within the next year just like the Wii U was.

Showing off Doom and Wolfenstein means they are heading in the right direction.

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
or it means they're just thirsty for third-party dick and don't want another Wii U situation.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
or it means they're just thirsty for third-party dick and don't want another Wii U situation.

Your right Shroom. I really want to like the switch. Here's hoping they go back to their Nes and Snes roots and think outside the box. The Console is Nice but if they just have Nintendo shit, I'm jumping ship.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
DOOM and Rocket League are gonna be awesome, wish From Software would jump in and release Dark Souls PTDE for it.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Ignoring Zelda for a price drop years down the road probably is a mistake. It's the anti-Zelda in design. I was finished and done with the franchise being so fed up with that re-run tired as shit every few years. This game is so against that design I got sucked in and couldn't put it down for weeks dropping 50 hours on it to finish it yet leaving probably 1/2 unseen. That's rare for me to bother playing a game that long anymore.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Waiting for a Zelda price drop? That could have been a looooong wait. First party Nintendo games rarely drop in price.

I took my Switch on a trip for the first time yesterday. The 2 hour 40 minute flight flew by, with a few levels of Sonic Mania and USFII arcade mode on master.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Anyone finish Mario v Rabbids yet? I like it for the most part, but the pacing is so slow. I'm on, I dunno, 2-4 or so, and I think I've put about 5 hours into it. Seems like new elements continue to show up but they're introduced so damn slowly.

Rasubosu

Crazed MVS Addict
Anyone finish Mario v Rabbids yet? I like it for the most part, but the pacing is so slow. I'm on, I dunno, 2-4 or so, and I think I've put about 5 hours into it. Seems like new elements continue to show up but they're introduced so damn slowly.

I've gotten pretty far into the game, they do keep introducing new things but you're right, the pacing is slow. Keep trucking through, it's entertaining enough to kill time with even deeper in.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
DOOM and Rocket League are gonna be awesome, wish From Software would jump in and release Dark Souls PTDE for it.

If they released DS1 or Demons Souls on switch I would literally bust a nutt in my shorts.

I really like the ability to be able to take any game on the go. It's like crossplay but without having to buy the game twice if you go physical. There's so many good games from last gen nintendo could dig in to that deserve another shot, and would be great to have portable.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Where do you guys play games on the go? I'd feel awkward playing a DS in public, let alone a Switch...

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Where do you guys play games on the go? I'd feel awkward playing a DS in public, let alone a Switch...

I dont play in public much. Normally I take a handheld for road trips in the hotel at night. Which I do a few times a year. Normally goes unused. But I do stay at my parents once every month or two for the weekend. Thats when I get gaming in not at home.

Generally though, on the go for me means that I get my ass away from the computer desk after coding all day for school, and play a game in bed or on the couch lying down. That's really why the switch appeals to me. Normally im playing one console game, and one handheld because i get sick of sitting in a pc chair. Even having a nice chair i still get low back issues. So being able to relax my back and continue to power through a game on the couch lying down is great.

Last edited:

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member

I play mine on the train quite a bit and I get a ton of awkward glances from people...but I think that has more to do with my Welcome Back Kotter lunchbox than my Nintendo Switch.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
I too play on the train and bus while commuting to work. I get some stares, but I don't feel they're awkward, I just figure these mofos are jelly!

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I play mine on the train quite a bit and I get a ton of awkward glances from people...but I think that has more to do with my Welcome Back Kotter lunchbox than my Nintendo Switch.

Welcome back!~

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member

Well, they tease you a lot
'Cause they got you on the spot

Welcome back!

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
it's not like mommy is going to buy this for little timmy's eight birthday (unless you're a bad parent like HDRchampion)

but hey, good on nintendo at least trying to avoid another wii u situation where third parties are actively avoiding the platform.

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
I finally caved and got a mint/used system last week. There are a lot of digital games I want to purchase, but the small physical library is already a lot of good shit I like.

Any of you still playing SF Ultra online? I would like to play with more regular competiton if possible. The online has fared a lot better than I imagined, I've had lag-free matches about 80% of the time! ;)