Nintendo Switch

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I already got very few 3star in 200 but I'm gonna keep concentrating on the 150 for now, once complete I'm jumping on 200.

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
I already got very few 3star in 200 but I'm gonna keep concentrating on the 150 for now, once complete I'm jumping on 200.

The key on 200ccm is to take the slowest car/racer possible and use the drift brake (press B during drift to brake). Plus you need some luck not to get hit by a blue shell right before the finish line...

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
The success of the Switch really surprised me. But I'm not so surprised to see that a bunch of people put it down after playing Zelda and never picked it back up.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I've played mine constantly since release. I've spent a lot of time on Zelda, MK, USFII, Wonder Boy, Sonic Mania and a few Neo Geo ports. I suppose the problem is that none of these games are exclusive and I could have played them elsewhere.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I think it's an awesome device, I'm hoping there's going to be more support from both 3rd Party and from Nintendo, so far I have to admit that it's slim pickings. Not counting ACA releases there isn't much I'm interested in but even then all I've gotten for ACA was Turfies and I haven't played it as much as I'd like, plays great, look pretty decent, I haven't been playing Turfies in a while, it's time to come back! It's just hard to justify buying ACA games where there's no online, just sayin'.

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Thanks for the link. I can barely keep up with all the new releases. I was afraid of the lack of games when the Switch was announced but I find myself barely able to keep up with everything. I been too busy with both Splatoon 2 and Sonic Mania. I even got my brother in law hooked on Splatoon and my sister hates me for it.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Yeah some good games in there, I'm pumped, hoping for more success to follow and maybe more 3rd party support will flourish!

wju2004

Armored Scrum Object
Keep an eye on this thread as it's updated now and again by the starter or read into the other posts for missing stuff.
http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/...h_physical_boxed_games_list_and_release_dates

That's all the physical known releases now and to come.

Thanks for this one! A few games I'm looking forward to, for sure. Already pre-ordered Mario, of course. (Gotta love Best Buy's Gamers Plus and a $10 certificate for pre-ordering.)

Also pre-ordered the new Fire Emblem.

Looking forward to Rime being released in the US. I know I could buy it from Japan, but I'll just be patient.

Binding of Isaac has still been one of my go to games. Still unlocking a load of crap there. And of course Splatoon 2, with the next Splatfest happening tomorrow.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
...and maybe more 3rd party support will flourish!

That's the question, indeed. At least now, post Wii U times, they know how crucial this is, and will make it more palatable for thirds on the Switch.

Edit: Problem lies within Nintendo's concept for the Switch, to be something entirely different from what the others offer. It's tough to port your games to such an offbeat console due to hardware limitations, it's also tough to conceive exclusives due to the cost/risk/benefit ratio. It almost seems, that Bid N should help raise third party developers themselves and make them exclusive to the Switch. Like Treasure was bound with the Mega Drive or RED with Hudson. They pulled it of once with Rare, they should try again.

Last edited:

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
I grabbed Mario + Rabbids a couple days ago, and it's pretty decent. Feels lackluster at first, but I think it got me hooked. Just finished the first world. Worth picking up if you like light turn-based strategy stuff

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
I grabbed Mario + Rabbids a couple days ago, and it's pretty decent. Feels lackluster at first, but I think it got me hooked. Just finished the first world. Worth picking up if you like light turn-based strategy stuff

What game do you think it is most compatable to?
Looks pretty good, but want something I'll play and often.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Having had the console for a little while now I already feel confident enough to say the Switch is the best Nintendo console after the NES and SNES.

They nailed with this system. Arms is so much fun. Zelda is great. I don't even mind the re-releases. Excited for the Gunvolt Double Pack. I also pre-ordered Redout and Sine More.

I haven't got any of the digital only games yet, but thinking of Sonic Mania, Mighty Gunvolt, Blaster Master and Wonder Boy Dragons Trap.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Having had the console for a little while now I already feel confident enough to say the Switch is the best Nintendo console after the NES and SNES.

They nailed with this system. Arms is so much fun. Zelda is great. I don't even mind the re-releases. Excited for the Gunvolt Double Pack. I also pre-ordered Redout and Sine More.

I haven't got any of the digital only games yet, but thinking of Sonic Mania, Mighty Gunvolt, Blaster Master and Wonder Boy Dragons Trap.

Get Mario Kart 8 bro. We should do a new Neo-Geo.com competition sometime. It's been a while since Twe3k put us all to shame :keke:

That Wonder Boy remake is awesome btw.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member

I agree with the sentiment, still doesn't take away from the fact that all the systems in between have outstanding games regardless. The switch is great though, I wouldn't mind re-releases of previous games like Luigi's Mansion, F-Zero GX, also excited to see the virtual console come to play. Arms plays a lot like Virtual-On, the switch would play Virtual-On great, bring Daytona, After Burner Climax, all those games that don't require the horse power of current consoles.

Hardware wise the switch is just a tremendous concept, for years I've been using gaming tablets for emulation, there's an appeal to it but the hardware has always been on the subpar area, the switch feels like quality. Would love different clip on controllers. Imagine one with the SNK NGCD clicky pads?! Also would like a 6 button setup somehow. There's just a lot of wishful thinking from my part, but yeah the switch is excellent.

Would be great to have a lot more of the current titles, Rocket League is coming!

Mario Kart 8DX is the game I play the most on the system, prolly the best game ATM IMHO. Working on the 200cc triple star across the board.

I only have 4 carts and 2 digital games, I'm defo getting some of those Gunvolt games and ACA games as well, so much good stuff!

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Does mario kart 8 use the rubberband effect in online multi? That's the one thing i always hated about mario kart

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Does mario kart 8 use the rubberband effect in online multi? That's the one thing i always hated about mario kart

I believe this was fixed somewhat but I wasn't online too often. I know it was a severe issue with the Wii and 3DS versions, even in single player

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter

You get better power ups if you're behind, which helps, and there is the slipstream where you can overtake the person in front of you by driving close behind them. Are these what you mean? I've never noticed any other 'rubberband effect' in Mario Kart.

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
What game do you think it is most compatable to?
Looks pretty good, but want something I'll play and often.

I've heard it compared to newer Xcom games. Strategy isn't my thing

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
You get better power ups if you're behind, which helps, and there is the slipstream where you can overtake the person in front of you by driving close behind them. Are these what you mean? I've never noticed any other 'rubberband effect' in Mario Kart.

The better items is what I mean by the rubber band effect. Not so much the slipstreams. For instance it feels like your chances of getting a star or spiked shell go up to almost certainty if you're behind, which keeps the games close. I wish it was completely random no matter your position.

Axiom Verge will be the 2nd or 3rd best game on the console. Behind BOTW and maybe I am Setsuna. I got a few hours in Setsuna awhile back when my brother picked it up. It seems solid if story is important to you in an RPG. Glad more people will get a chance to enjoy Axiom Verge now, it deserves it.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Axiom Verge is a good game, I'm glad is coming to the switch but I'd also like to see Hyper Light Drifter if we are getting big indie titles.

Edit: As for MK8, Online play allows for "All Items" which means anyone can get whatever regardless of position, you'd think it's a good thing but it really isn't.

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I'm surprised the Switch has enough balls to run Doom.

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
I'm surprised the Switch has enough balls to run Doom.

It can run it, but all washed out. Hopefully they can sharpen the image before release. All things considered, I am amazed it can handle it as well.