Nintendo Switch

Magn0x

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Planning on getting the NG titles once I secure a good SD card.

Yeah I've still got to get round to getting one too haha, just can decide on size, the bigger ones are more expensive, so thinking about 64 gb as most titles that are not Neo Geo downloads I'll be buying the carts, i'm just a sucker for physical copies haha :D

Are you enjoying your Switch Gamefan? Has Botw worked its magic on you yet? lol

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
Magn0x - I got home late last night so I did not have a chance to even open her up. I will try to do that tonight. I have to purchase an HDMI switcher as well as all my stuff uses HDMI connections.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
i got it on ps4 and the online is dead...and when you do find someone it runs pretty shitty, so theres that.
Fatal Fury Special on 360 were different times, that was before all xbox live arcade\indie boom.

You don't get it. The sole reason these games shine would be in moments like this one. People are thirsty for a fighting game with online play for the switch, throw something in there that has that and watch everyone gravitate towards it while the AAA titles come in.

Garou on PS4, that's different, there's already plenty of games before it with online play, so the crowd is already playing other titles.

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
I don't own a Switch yet, but my brother just told me that Terry's stage in Garou has that weird scrolling effect that used to happen on NeoRage X. Emulation not quite right on this one.

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I'm kind of on the fence with MK8 Deluxe. On one hand I already own the Wii U version and bought the DLC but on the other hand, this has some nice features that makes it a little tempting to get. Plus now i can play MK8 anywhere and so far I only have one game for the system.

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
I'm kind of on the fence with MK8 Deluxe. On one hand I already own the Wii U version and bought the DLC but on the other hand, this has some nice features that makes it a little tempting to get. Plus now i can play MK8 anywhere and so far I only have one game for the system.

I was on the fence with it too for the same reason, but after playing it for one weekend I bought another switch and another copy. We have it hooked up downstairs to two TVs and have been having a blast playing the new battle modes. I justified this in my head since it was for the kids and me, but after talking to some guys at work we realize between my two and their 6 we will be able to hang out and try the 8 player locally. Sure we could try to do this online but I have a basement with a big sectional and it's nice having a group playing in the same room in a battle mode scenario. The racing is fine multiplayer but the battle mode is the reason Mario kart 64 never left the console back when I was in college.

Magn0x

Kuroko's Training Dummy

I was in the same boat as you tacoguy, still got my wii u and had mk8 with the dlc. Must admit the switch version is really nice, as Westcb mentioned the battle mode is brilliant and a great inclusion to the game :) It looks a fair bit nicer in 1080p vs 720p on the wii u, really nice and sharp and on the switch screen looks really vibrant.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
I wish Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed would come to Switch. It's a better racer than MK8, but I'll take what I can get portable, and I can play the former on PC when I am at home.

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
I wish Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed would come to Switch. It's a better racer than MK8, but I'll take what I can get portable, and I can play the former on PC when I am at home.

Unlike the 3DS version, Transformed on Vita is fantastic if you ever happen to pick one up.

Magn0x

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Just a quick heads up guys the Switch store has been updated and the Neo Geo title of the week is Galaxy Fight, £6.29 in the UK as normal.

Must admit never played this one, was kinda hoping Magician Lord might pop on the store haha.

Is this a good fighter?

hqdefault.jpg

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Average at best. Waku Waku 7, their next game after that one is so much better.

Magn0x

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Average at best. Waku Waku 7, their next game after that one is so much better.

Yeah love Waku Waku 7, they released it on Switch, never heard of it before I saw it on there. Thanks for that, think I will give it a miss this week.

Those NG titles on the Switch are awesome!
Neo Turf Masters, Shocktroopers, NAM 75, MS1 and MS4.
Brilliant. And also quite a bit cheaper than on AES.

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I was on the fence with it too for the same reason, but after playing it for one weekend I bought another switch and another copy. We have it hooked up downstairs to two TVs and have been having a blast playing the new battle modes. I justified this in my head since it was for the kids and me, but after talking to some guys at work we realize between my two and their 6 we will be able to hang out and try the 8 player locally. Sure we could try to do this online but I have a basement with a big sectional and it's nice having a group playing in the same room in a battle mode scenario. The racing is fine multiplayer but the battle mode is the reason Mario kart 64 never left the console back when I was in college.

I was in the same boat as you tacoguy, still got my wii u and had mk8 with the dlc. Must admit the switch version is really nice, as Westcb mentioned the battle mode is brilliant and a great inclusion to the game :) It looks a fair bit nicer in 1080p vs 720p on the wii u, really nice and sharp and on the switch screen looks really vibrant.

Battle mode, smoother game play, lots of tracks and characters, this game is fully loaded that's for sure. The switch makes it really easy to play multi player with any person. Also the Wii U isn't getting much love now so it would make it easier for me to put away for a while. I have a feeling that we will see lots of the Wii U's greatest hits make their way to the Switch sometime in the future. As for now, I think I will be getting MK8 deluxe, especially since my niece likes the game a bunch. But for the near future I am looking forward to Splatoon 2 and Arms.

Zak

WWJCVDD?,
Place your bets on Nintendo patching 8Bitdo compatibility out....

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Are you all picking up Ultra SF 2 this week? I have it reserved but I'm thinking I'm going to have to pass on it. $40 is just too high, might pick up Disgaea 5 Complete instead since I never did finish the PS4 version.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Place your bets on Nintendo patching 8Bitdo compatibility out....

Any chance 8Bitdo would pay the fees and become officially licensed by nintendo? (yeah yeah i'm sure i'm dreaming)

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Are you all picking up Ultra SF 2 this week? I have it reserved but I'm thinking I'm going to have to pass on it. $40 is just too high, might pick up Disgaea 5 Complete instead since I never did finish the PS4 version.

Not paying 40 for HD Remix with two extra characters and a bunch of other gimmicky shit nobody cares about. Also I heard the local Vs. mode lags.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
my local Target had 2 switch consoles in stock but I just couldn't bring myself to buy one.

I should want one. But I don't. What's wrong with me??? :(

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I had USFII on preorder, but I cancelled recently. I'm going to hold off and maybe pick it up if the price drops.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I can't wait for it to get here from Amazon. $40 wasn't bad, but with Prime $32 is much nicer. :D I never had a shot at the HD remix of the series years ago and other than random play I really haven't played SF2 anything in a very long time, probably about nearly as long as SF3 3rd Strike when it hit the Dreamcast. I know I'll get the value out of it, but I'm curious to see how comedically bad that hadou mode is.

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
I will most likely pick this up at some point just to support Capcom in making more Switch games.

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I'll probably get SF2 only because I missed out on the HD remix a few years back. And also to show support for fighting games on the system.