Nintendo Switch

MissFaith

New Challenger
Oh I wanna play that now. Evil ken is great in chaos. Research switch on todo list. Like the looks of puyo tetris as well.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
ULTRA SFII...I'm ready...let the carnage begin!!!...oh wait...still no stick :(...aarrggghhh!

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Oh I wanna play that now. Evil ken is great in chaos. Research switch on todo list. Like the looks of puyo tetris as well.

In the meantime, if you want...we could play SvC Chaos online via fightcade, or any other Neo game, or ST on CPS2, let's warm it up!

Yeah, Puyo Puyo Tetris is great, love it! Willing to play online as well, I'm better at Tetris than Puyo Pop, was better at Puyo Pop Fever but then again once you max the meter the rest if all about preset combos so it's still a puzzle but so much more frantic but easier at the same time if that makes any sense.

Edit: Double post like a newb...so eager for online play...total bum.

Magn0x

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Haha its tempting isn't it! Love the artwork on the physical edition, and that switch games are on "cartridge", although I guess they are more like sd cards, feels like old times again :)

ULTRA SFII...I'm ready...let the carnage begin!!!...oh wait...still no stick :(...aarrggghhh!

I'm with you on this Dark Jaguar, really hoping they make one! :D

btw sorry for the double post back there guys!

lions3

Igniz's Servent
It would be great if they eventually do a nice fight stick on the Switch, think it would be well received, especially with all the Neo Geo fighters popping up and Ultra SF2. I tend to use the analogue stick for fighters in handheld mode, the joycon d-buttons don't translate well to fighters and then switch (pun intended) to the pro controller in docked mode, the d-pad on that is excellent imo :)

View attachment 44586

FYI, someone announced a Switch fight stick yesterday. Sorry can't remember the brand off the top of my head.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
FYI, someone announced a Switch fight stick yesterday. Sorry can't remember the brand off the top of my head.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/05/check_out_the_hori_real_arcade_pro_v_fight_stick_for_switch
HORI Arcade Pro V Fight Stick.

It's in red/charcoal gray(black?) with a weird melding of a Neo-Geo / SF2 type array of buttons with 2x4 buttons there and curved a bit like the MVS setup. No price listed. Given HORI likes to be like the Apple of accessories probably anything from $100-200 on that.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/05/check_out_the_hori_real_arcade_pro_v_fight_stick_for_switch

It's in red/charcoal gray(black?) with a weird melding of a Neo-Geo / SF2 type array of buttons with 2x4 buttons there and curved a bit like the MVS setup. No price listed. Given HORI likes to be like the Apple of accessories probably anything from $100-200 on that.

Looks nice, but personally I feel it's a bit overkill for an enhanced port of SF2. I'd be perfectly happy with something like the fight pads Mad Cats used to produce.

If one of the technical guys here can get a Saturn pad working on the Switch for me, that would be wonderful :)

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I want it. I don't wanna play with something that's gonna leave me with a handicap.

I however would prefer a PCB like the brook or something so I can just install it in one of my sticks.

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Brook has stated on their Facebook page they're working on Switch support. We'll see.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
...there's not much time left...I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Magn0x

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Thanks for the info guys this is great news! Will be tempted to pick one up, it looks quite slick too :D

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
I see that Blazing Star is now available at the eshop for Switch. Is this thing turning into a Neo Geo portable or what?!?

SmaMan

Cheng's Errand Boy
Holy crap... it's the Neo Geo X all over again!

It's a portable console that fits into a dock for on-TV play. There was even an update which fixed washed out colors for those games. And just like the many modern Nintendo consoles before it, modders are going to find ways to stick their own roms and emulators on this thing in due time.

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
FYI, MOTW is the next game to be released on the eshop

Sweet!!! Looking forward to it. I get my switch tomorrow so will have to get these NG games. Are they using some kind of net code?

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
KoF 98 was a mistake, shouldn't have bought it.. Find it near impossible to play with the Joycon.
Shock Troopers on the other hand plays fine. As well Blazing Star.

During the last 30 days i had to fly three, eleven hours flights plus 2 shorter ones... Played a lot of Switch during those travels.
Im really, really happy with this system.

Magn0x

Kuroko's Training Dummy
FYI, MOTW is the next game to be released on the eshop

Can't wait for this mate :D Been playing it on my bartop, just hope they keep up the releases over the coming weeks and months, with the flying start the Switch has had hopefully there will be many more to come! :D

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Just looking at this article saying it was shown with the ACA titles I'm betting on no.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/05/garou_mark_of_the_wolves_punches_its_way_to_the_switch_eshop_soon

IMHO this is a wasted opportunity for a game selling more with online gameplay while people are waiting for SF.

Fatal Fury Special and Hyper Fighting did well selling with online play before any of the newer fighting games were released. I just don't understand what's the matter with SNK.

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
IMHO this is a wasted opportunity for a game selling more with online gameplay while people are waiting for SF.

Fatal Fury Special and Hyper Fighting did well selling with online play before any of the newer fighting games were released. I just don't understand what's the matter with SNK.

i got it on ps4 and the online is dead...and when you do find someone it runs pretty shitty, so theres that.
Fatal Fury Special on 360 were different times, that was before all xbox live arcade\indie boom.

Magn0x

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Just bought Garou: Mark of the Wolves on Switch, absolutely loving it so far! Looks great in handheld mode :D Anyone else pick this up today?

MissFaith

New Challenger
Just bought Garou: Mark of the Wolves on Switch, absolutely loving it so far! Looks great in handheld mode :D Anyone else pick this up today?

I have only played it on Dreamcast after once in an arcade, not bad port but lacking from the arcade version a little. Another reason for me to be considering Switch if the reviews of this turn out to be good. Look forward to some videos and reviews. Let us know how you get on as I am very interested.

Magn0x

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I have only played it on Dreamcast after once in an arcade, not bad port but lacking from the arcade version a little. Another reason for me to be considering Switch if the reviews of this turn out to be good. Look forward to some videos and reviews. Let us know how you get on as I am very interested.

Will do MissFaith :D So far all the Neo Geo titles I've downloaded have been absolutely fantastic on Switch, its great you can tinker with all the settings and button placements too to get it just how you want it.

I think in some ways the lack of a virtual console on Switch has benefited the Neo Geo release schedule on the system, if you look at the PS4 Neo Geo game list its less than whats been released on Switch so far, really hoping they keep on releasing titles over the coming weeks and months :)

Edit: Just seen this review on Nintendo Life MissFaith, it received 9/10 and quite the glowing review :) If you fancy a look heres the link: http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/switch-eshop/garou_mark_of_the_wolves_neogeo

Last edited:

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
Planning on getting the NG titles once I secure a good SD card.