Nintendo Switch

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
The D-pad on the Pro Controller is not that great for me, I feel there's not enough play on it to do smooth motions. The 4 buttons below the analogue feel better, I dunno why they didn't use the same tech on the pro controller.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I've read some select stories of problems with the d-pad on that pro controller like it won't pick up directions very well.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Seriously speaking here, the 360 controller has a better D-pad and that's a sorry ass D-pad.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
yeah that D-pad is a little better than the original 360 controller d-pad.

I don't understand why doesn't Logitech makes some 360 pads, their D-Pad Tech is really cool, it uses rubber contacts like all the others but it also uses springs, it's a great feel and very precise as well.

What I like about the switch D-pad (not the pro controller) is the microswitches instead of rubber contacts, same tech as the 3DSXL, DSiXL and GBASP D-pad.

To me although the PS4 has a very nice rubber contact D-pad, the XBoner has the best D-Pad, those microswitches feel great, I just wish the Cross was bigger, just a tad. Would be even better if it was at top instead of below, in other words like the PS4 but microswitched. As a matter of fact the PSVita D-pad has that same tech as the Xboner.

Last edited:

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Yeah for 2D stuff I actually almost always use the four separate buttons below the analogue. I think Blaster Master Zero is the only 2D game where I actually like the stick better.

I didn't think to try that, I just assumed the stick would be better for a fighter. I'll give the 4 D pad buttons a go next time.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I'll back that up, Blaster Master 0 is better not using a d-pad/buttons. One could argue perhaps either way in Sofia(car mode) but on foot since it has a 360 range to it, the stick is so much better to get around things.

By the way 1.2 just came out with some new characters which are future paid DLC that are FREE NOW(limited to like 2 weeks I think), hard mode, and other tweaks.

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
I'll back that up, Blaster Master 0 is better not using a d-pad/buttons. One could argue perhaps either way in Sofia(car mode) but on foot since it has a 360 range to it, the stick is so much better to get around things.

By the way 1.2 just came out with some new characters which are future paid DLC that are FREE NOW(limited to like 2 weeks I think), hard mode, and other tweaks.

Do you know if we can use the DLC after the two weeks? Or will it deactivate?

Tanooki

War Room Troll
If you grab it now or later it's a done deal, you keep it. It's just you don't pay for it now, but you do later. Early adopter freebies.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Now the real important question about Blaster Master Zero that everyone who hasn't played is loosing sleep over...IS THERE A FROG?!!!

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
speaking of BMZ the new DLC added some new characters to run through the game again with. pretty nice

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I've not had time to finish it, but the shadow of Fred the frog is real and you're hunting for him all over the place.

That first DLC character is Gunvolt from that other franchise.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
The Gunvolt games are excellent, a nice addition! I'm getting this game today! Fuck this, I gotta find this FROG!

lions3

Igniz's Servent
FYI, Minecraft is coming out later this week. Haven't played it in a few years... but kinda excited to have it on the Switch.

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
Just picked up a grey joy-con switch bundle with Zelda: BOTW and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Finally will see what all the fuss is about this system.

Magn0x

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Have fun with it Gamefan! Don't think you'll be disappointed :) Zelda BOTW is easily my joint favourite Zelda game next to Ocarina of Time!

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Yeah he picked up two of the potentially (zelda for sure) most time consuming and loaded games with things to do for quite a long time. Re-run of Lego City Undercover would be another that could go for a long mile being GTA cute lego style.

in around 10 days~ if memory serves Ultra Super Street Fighter II with HD or classic graphics, 1P, MP local/online, and 3D (Wii like) first person Hadou (Ryu fireball/kick/dragon punch) mode arrives. That should get some serious play from quite a lot of people.

Magn0x

Kuroko's Training Dummy
in around 10 days~ if memory serves Ultra Super Street Fighter II with HD or classic graphics, 1P, MP local/online, and 3D (Wii like) first person Hadou (Ryu fireball/kick/dragon punch) mode arrives. That should get some serious play from quite a lot of people.

Agreed Tanooki really looking forward to playing this when it comes out :) got it preordered from the Nintendo Store, think it comes with a t-shirt (had to have it, I pretty much live in t-shirts when I'm not at work haha).

Looks like it will be a great addition for the switch with lots to do like you said. One of the new characters to the roster is Evil Ryu, sure he's on my NGPC match of the millennium cart as a playable character.

Think it will get a lot of play from me in handheld mode, play most nights on it in this mode while the Mrs "borrows" the TV hahaha :D

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
Have fun with it Gamefan! Don't think you'll be disappointed :) Zelda BOTW is easily my joint favourite Zelda game next to Ocarina of Time!

Thank you Magn0x! Looking forward to getting some play time with this thing.

Yeah he picked up two of the potentially (zelda for sure) most time consuming and loaded games with things to do for quite a long time. Re-run of Lego City Undercover would be another that could go for a long mile being GTA cute lego style.

Tanooki - I hear both these games were considered system sellers so I figured might as well try them out. It will be nice to sit down and play a long game like BOTW.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
My pal's switch grip controls or whatever them side thingys are called crapped out, Nintendo is gonna send him replacements. Anyone having issues with their stuff? I've been lucky so far...

MissFaith

New Challenger
Agreed Tanooki really looking forward to playing this when it comes out :) got it preordered from the Nintendo Store, think it comes with a t-shirt (had to have it, I pretty much live in t-shirts when I'm not at work haha).

Looks like it will be a great addition for the switch with lots to do like you said. One of the new characters to the roster is Evil Ryu, sure he's on my NGPC match of the millennium cart as a playable character.

Think it will get a lot of play from me in handheld mode, play most nights on it in this mode while the Mrs "borrows" the TV hahaha :D

Oh wow, evil ryu in the new sf2. Is gouki in it? Is it just super turbo in hd like the one realised couple years ago or a new beast? Zelda, can never decide between link to past and ocarina. Well tempted by switch now after reading all the love for it. Will wait to see what sticks appear first before deciding.

Magn0x

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Anyone having issues with their stuff? I've been lucky so far...

Generally I've had no problems at all, but I've been having a weird issue with battery life on the right red joycon on my system Dark Jaguar. Say the switch and both joycon have been docked and they are all fully charged, I tend to power the system fully off and store it in my BOTW case, as I don't like leaving it docked, as we have a couple of dogs who tend to dive around a lot and the docks been knocked over a couple of times.

If me and the Mrs want a quick go on Neo Turf Masters I tend to dock the system to display it on the tv and remove the joycons, more than once the left joycon's battery life is fine but the right is pretty much exhausted, so I use the left blue joycon and the Mrs uses our Switch Pro controller.

Bit of an odd one, the only thing I can think of is that i've got a duff battery in the right joycon, or perhaps the buttons are depressed slightly in the case? Not sure if anyone else has had a problem like this?

Magn0x

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Oh wow, evil ryu in the new sf2. Is gouki in it? Is it just super turbo in hd like the one realised couple years ago or a new beast? Zelda, can never decide between link to past and ocarina. Well tempted by switch now after reading all the love for it. Will wait to see what sticks appear first before deciding.

Yeah gouki is in there MissFaith, alongside Violent Ken and Evil Ryu :) I've posted a pic below of the full roster for you!

A Link to the Past is a awesome game isn't it, although, embarrassingly enough I have never completed it unlike Ocarina, I always end up getting to the Dark World, doing a couple of temples and then trail off onto other games haha :D I did complete A Link Between Worlds, thoroughly enjoyed that game, especially with the art style they chose which was very reminiscent of A Link to the Past.

It would be great if they eventually do a nice fight stick on the Switch, think it would be well received, especially with all the Neo Geo fighters popping up and Ultra SF2. I tend to use the analogue stick for fighters in handheld mode, the joycon d-buttons don't translate well to fighters and then switch (pun intended) to the pro controller in docked mode, the d-pad on that is excellent imo :)

1.png