Nintendo Switch

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
Looking forward to getting back into Mario Kart. Overall really happy with the Switch, so grateful I can play it for hours and not get cramps and aches. It's almost as if Nintendo took influence from the PS Vita, the best hardware I've held in quite some time.

aku

Loyal Neo-Disciple
mario kart is a blast! really love it, looking forward to play against some friends...

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Yeah, Mario Kart is great! I never got the expansions on the U, I was surprised at just for many tracks are in this. It looks a lot better too, but that's probably more because of the Switch's screen being better than the U's. I don't like the analog stick on the joycon as much as the Wii U gamepad but it's still fine and better than playing MK on the 3ds.

noir

Overtop Pathfinder
I tried playing Mario Kart with a single joycon last night. My hands are still uncramping themselves.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
So I got a switch along with MK and Zelda, I did get Puyo Puto Tetris for PS4 recently so I felt guilty buying it for the switch again...game is so good though, so tempted, the demo looks great on the switch screen, however on TV the PS4 looks cleaner, the switch PPT has a few jags in the flash like graphics. Has anyone tried Bomberman?

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I ended up being out of town when Amazon delivered both the boxed up Puyo Puyo Tetris with those keychains and MK8 Deluxe. I need to pull the shrink off and try them out, but I'm under a pile of SNK stuff that got first attention (instant NGPC collection + a nearly complete Super Dodgeball kit swapping a box for a shockbox.)

MrWunderful

Stakes Winner
Im loving how flawless the local multiplayer is with 2 switches and mario kart 8. Really intuitive and simple.

nicksbrain

Cheng's Errand Boy
So I got a switch along with MK and Zelda, I did get Puyo Puto Tetris for PS4 recently so I felt guilty buying it for the switch again...game is so good though, so tempted, the demo looks great on the switch screen, however on TV the PS4 looks cleaner, the switch PPT has a few jags in the flash like graphics. Has anyone tried Bomberman?

yep, I got that one, not impressed though, although I heard that spiltscreen with 8 players should be good, but haven't been able to test that, I did with 4 players and we all felt it's a bit unrefined in regard to collision detection and controls...

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I have yet another Switch game I had intended to buy later in clearance. $30 sealed, coupon made it $23, it retails for $60 -- Lego City Undercover. It's nice when you get lucky finding stuff like that. I just doubled my Switch game list to 6.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Try NTM, I have a -15 there IIRC. A colleague brought his Switch along and asked me to show him how 'that golf game' works. It was fun but not w/o lag. May still be worth getting a Switch.
How were the pixels? Mismatch or uniform goodness?

yep, I got that one, not impressed though, although I heard that spiltscreen with 8 players should be good, but haven't been able to test that, I did with 4 players and we all felt it's a bit unrefined in regard to collision detection and controls...
I have been hearing low opinions on Bomberman R a lot, that sucks 'cause I love me a good bomberman. DS bomberman was excellent.

I have yet another Switch game I had intended to buy later in clearance. $30 sealed, coupon made it $23, it retails for $60 -- Lego City Undercover. It's nice when you get lucky finding stuff like that. I just doubled my Switch game list to 6.
Dude, quit buying crap just 'cause, lol.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Im loving how flawless the local multiplayer is with 2 switches and mario kart 8. Really intuitive and simple.

Not sure I agree. Had 5 friends over last night with two Switches. Assumed we could have 4 on TV and 2on theSwitch but you can't. Wireless play is 2 per console, as is online. So the most we we could have was 4. It also took us a while to figure out the joy cons were auto set to motion steering, so when people moved it was messing them up.

Also I getan error any time I try to join a friend online.

Otherwise, it's an excellent game.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Dude, quit buying crap just 'cause, lol.

I don't normally. I was going to buy it eventually but felt $60 was a ripoff so I jumped at it. If I wasn't reloading my entirely laptop right now I'd be playing it. :(

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Lego City is kinda like GTA for kids with a lot of old movie references thrown in for the adults.

MrWunderful

Stakes Winner
Not sure I agree. Had 5 friends over last night with two Switches. Assumed we could have 4 on TV and 2on theSwitch but you can't. Wireless play is 2 per console, as is online. So the most we we could have was 4. It also took us a while to figure out the joy cons were auto set to motion steering, so when people moved it was messing them up.

Also I getan error any time I try to join a friend online.

Otherwise, it's an excellent game.

I was really referring to jut two people playing vs, but I see your point.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Mario Kart has its claws back in me again, and it's so nice to have portable. Amazing game--I'm glad it's finally getting the sales numbers it deserves.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
If there are enough of us we should try to set up a Neo-Geo.com tournament. Find a time that suits as many time zones as possible, and share the tournament code on here?

Slugger

Marked Wolf
Loving these neo releases on switch! Already bought metal slug, kof 98, blazing star, waku waku 7 and neo turf masters. Plan to grab 10-15 favourite games as they come out. The ports are really well done and it's a treat to play these games on the go. Was a bit worried how the joycon d-pad would work for fighting games but it turned out to be ok. I can pull all the moves in kof just like playing on the neo with a stick, so no problems there. Although I have a pro controller which I use in docked and tabletop mode. For 7€ per game you can't go wrong. Playing a few rounds of kof and then hop straight back on playing zelda or mario kart 8 is pretty neat.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Man, I'm hearing more and more good things about the Neo ports...if they're anything like the PS4 Garou, MS3 and LB2 I'm down, those were really nice.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Is the HORI stick available yet? Is it full sized?

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Still waiting to catch one of these in a store. I'm hoping they supply is better by the time Splatoon 2 hits.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Man, I'm hearing more and more good things about the Neo ports...if they're anything like the PS4 Garou, MS3 and LB2 I'm down, those were really nice.

Those were developed by Code Mystic. The other PS4 and Switch ports are barebone MVS emulation by Hamster. No online, no AES mode, and barebone menus. With that said, I do find the emulation good, and they have some nice features such as removing censorship in English versions and widening the screen view while keeping the image intact (you can actually see more of the gameplay on the left / right side of the screen. No pixel distortion)

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I had some time on Neo Turf Masters and KOF 98 on a friends Switch on the weekend. NTM was great fun, but I had real trouble controlling KOF98. Nothing to do with the port, but the Switch controller is just no good for 2D fighters. I was having a lot of trouble pulling off the moves with the analogue stick. I'm hoping they release some kind of better controller for Street Fighter Ultra.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Yeah for 2D stuff I actually almost always use the four separate buttons below the analogue. I think Blaster Master Zero is the only 2D game where I actually like the stick better.