Nintendo Switch

Slugger

Marked Wolf
Embarrased to admit but I couldn't resist anymore so I went off and bought a Switch along with the new Zelda. It's a really cool device and playing BotW undocked truly feels like an unique experience. It runs well and looks great on the screen.
The joycons are nice, no complaints. I like them better than a traditional controller because you can now completely relax your arms while playing. It gives a certain degree of freedom which I like a lot.
Haven't experienced any of the known issues and everything works like a charm. For now this is just a Zelda machine for me but I can't wait for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Playing this game handheld 60fps on a nice screen with great controls is worth double dipping for me. Might get Puyo Puyo Tetris also as it seems to be great as well. And Disgaea 5 is coming out too if you like tactical rpgs.
Initially my plan was to buy a Switch early next year but I have zero regrets buying one now. At least BotW runs better than the Wii U version.

Last edited:

Tanooki

War Room Troll
If you have amazon prime and want that puzzler order now. That 20% off makes it $32 instead of $40 which is a nice cut. And just a month later Ultra Street Fighter II drops at $40 as well (or $32 Prime bought) if you're into that.

I've been pounding away at I Am Setsuna every couple nights or so for a couple hours since I got it, around 22-23hrs into it now. I'm up to the ice cave area where you're finally on the last supposed approach to the Lost Lands (which is around where the game should end.) I'm guessing it's maybe a 30-35hr RPG which is perfect for me. I love the all piano score to the game as it's just ear candy.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Nintendo Direct dropped today. More stuff was listed as coming soon for the NG Classics.

Samurai Shodown 4 dropped today, and they also showed Fatal Fury, Over Top, Blazing Star, Garou Mark of the Wolves, KoF99, Galaxy Fight, and Shock Trooper 2nd too.

There were some solid entries of stuff being mentioned coming between now and much of it going through Summer which is nice, more was later in the year or undated. Not included but found online is a preview of Senran Kagura which the horny developer showed off giggling it has HD Rumble and showed some scientific tests of him getting the feels from some silicon boob implants and some jello mold like stuff for the wobble down.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
This one is for neo_moe:

Y5giewf.jpg

seriously - to me this looks like a boring piece of crap. nintendo should focus on making innovative games (again) instead of making unattractive and underpowered consoles...

Good call. I've had a console since launch and now that we are a month out I realized just how "boring" the hardware is. But the software line up is very underrated. It's limited in tiles but I've found them all to be high quality...minus 1-2 switch.

nicksbrain

Cheng's Errand Boy
just a heads up if anyone runs into the same problem:
I haven't been able to connect to my wifi anymore (2.4 and 5 GHz), internet says "do a complete reboot, then it works again", which it didn't for me, so I manually entered DNS settings (just took the google ones, 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) and it magically worked again.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I'm sure they'll announce a port during E3.

I don't own any amiibo compatible things, but I'll still buy that OG Cloud.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
I'm sure they'll announce a port during E3.

I don't own any amiibo compatible things, but I'll still buy that OG Cloud.

i hope so. it'll be one more reason for me to buy a switch. and that og cloud and sheik are amongst the only few amiibos i want.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Anyone else picking up Wonder Boy: The Dragon's trap today? Just waiting for it to hit the eshop. Wish there was a physical release. The art style looks amazing.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I'll pick it up, just not today. I got other stuff I'm bothering with and because they decided to deny a physical copy I'll deny them a full price purchase. :) It'll hit a sale at some point.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
I'm so ready for Wonderboy! Been excited about it for a while now. Gonna grab it when I get home tonight from work. Though, I still haven't finished Zelda...I've been "savouring" it and going crazy on side quests and shrines. I guess I could just face Ganon now, but I'm not ready to let the game go yet. ;)
Might just take a break from it and get my Dragon's Trap on!

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Bought and I'm almost done with it. Worth my 20 bucks, you guys can wait for your 40 dollar physical copy.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Bought and I'm almost done with it. Worth my 20 bucks, you guys can wait for your 40 dollar physical copy.

I learn my lesson buying digital Resident Evil Remake & Ducktale on PS4...................hell no I'll buy digital but wait for physical release a bit later.............

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
So fatal fury is the game this week. I get it's importance, but why this? Why not FFS or even 2? Maybe Blazing Star next week.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
So fatal fury is the game this week. I get it's importance, but why this? Why not FFS or even 2? Maybe Blazing Star next week.

Because they're going to put all the early releases out first, wait an ungodly amount of time, release a few more, then stop, then release Metal Slug 4 seperately.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
RBS was one of the last games to come out for the wii VC. I guess this will play out the same.

At least the other netwroks put out Turfies early, is it available on the switch yet?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
RBS was one of the last games to come out for the wii VC. I guess this will play out the same.

At least the other netwroks put out Turfies early, is it available on the switch yet?

Sadly not yet, hopefully soon.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
It's in there, I've been playing it for weeks now.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
FF2 was announced for XB1 yesterday. I've been waiting for SS2 and FFS to hit PSN with online play since the NG Station days :(

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Anyone else excited for Mario Kart, or is it just me? I'm a big fan of the series, but didn't spend much time with the Wii U version for some reason, so although it's just a port I am still looking forward to putting some proper time in.

A friend of mine has a Switch with a pro controller, so I am assuming with the 4 joy cons and the pro controller we should be able to easily have 5 players in the same room on two screens?

Last edited: