Nintendo Switch

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
The software lineup isn't good until Christmas. I'll wait.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
So, what you guys think about the latest 1-2-Switch "games"?

Via future patch, I hope to nurture Brawshella one unholy day...

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
So, what you guys think about the latest 1-2-Switch "games"?

Via future patch, I hope to nurture Brawshella one unholy day...

Wow. So Nintendo has made a game where the actual objective is to put the game down and walk away?...

...I miss arcades.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Wow. So Nintendo has made a game where the actual objective is to put the game down and walk away?...

...I miss arcades.

Well, I feel different about it. This is the kind of weirdo lunatic sicko stuff I actually want to see on a Japanese console. If Nintendo will really close the DS-line in favor of the Switch, then things could become very interesting, very fast. Japanese developers unite! ...and support the Switch. All the Doujin Soft possibilities alone could turn Big N's latest into a true Otaku gold mine. Eat that, Vita!

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Nintendo is busy scrambling, brainstorming, doing what they do, cater to the general audience, this is how they gained ground with G&W, then later the NES...there was a lot of hate from the golden era arcade gamers towards NES, specially with games that lacked the Arcade philosophy, like Zelda, Metroid, and stuff that deviated from the 3 lives/game over principal. Same thing happened in the arcades when continues were introduced into the equation, this was blasphemy for some, but hey the goal for all this stuff is to make money...so again the are catering to an audience, and this particular audience is infested with casual gamers...you know...hip and clueless, what they need is based on their ADD BS.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
This Splatoon 2 beta test is a clever way to help fill the release gap between launch and Mario Kart:

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
This Splatoon 2 beta test is a clever way to help fill the release gap between launch and Mario Kart:

It would have been a clever idea if they didn't make it a 48 hours demo.

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
Are member here still hyped for this system? From the threads I have read, it looks to me like it is still a 50/50 split on excitement. Just curious.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I don't know that I'd say I'm hyped, but I'm looking forward to messing around with it.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I'm right there with Gohan on this. I never was truly hyped, but I really have been curious about it once I found out it was a handheld that docks for higher level output (1080p) on a TV. When I learned it was the Tegra shield console core with some customization improvements that got me even more curious so when most preorders had been ordered out I found Best Buy had a few still and threw my card down on it there. I'm looking forward to see how well it handles and I'll grab Zelda, Bomberman and Binding of Isaac to find out. Shortly after Shin'en has some F-Zero clone coming, may snap that up or just wait for that hereos game that's only $20(physical) at the end of the month.

I never had Mario Kart8 on WiiU either as I dumped it about the time it came out so that would be new ground.

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member
I'm holding out for the more "traditional" style games to be announced, both handheld style and console.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I'm kinda psyched about SF2ultra, although it sucks that it's exclusive, rather a waste on a gimmick console, wish it was gonna be released on all current consoles.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
The reveals and the controller pricing made me balk at reserving one for launch. I can grab Zelda on Wii U. I will be waiting for that Splatoon 2 goodness before I jump in.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Stories out today, one of them pegs Capcom as a huge backer of this system in actual design of it. If you're not aware for some reason Nintendo likes to listen to Capcom for design decisions and does take them into consideration. They're the reason why the circle pad pro exists for 3DS/XL and was incorporated into the New line with the nub mainly for Resident Evil and Monster Hunter.

This time around, Nintendo was planning a more standard system that was still a Tegra 2ndgen Maxwell CPU setup, but they were not going to go with joy-con, Capcom apparently had some reasoning for it according to this story here: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ding_to_reports_from_game_creators_conference It seems their exclusive SF2 game here was using their full MT Framework engine to design it. Nintendo was going to cheap on the system memory being lower and Capcom balked at it and later revisions of the hardware added more to suit their needs. It's odd but if these tweets this story came from are true Nintendo and Capcom designed this hardware for both their needs. The system is also built around being capable of running their RE engine accurately that the new RE7 uses. Of course with that out there you have rumor fools throwing around stories of that game going to Switch but we'll see about that since most rumors are bs.

Also notable in that, the kits are stupid cheap, like anyone could afford them since if you convert the yen to dollar it's a $450 dev kit for the entry model of it. That could hope to open huge doors for development since kits tend to be expensive and scare off developers large and small.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
The TV ads just make it seem very gimmicky but only time will tell.

Pre-order seems to be sold out at most retailers as well.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
The TV ads make it look like a wonderful Millennial friend machine. As a grumpy middle aged manchild with no friends, I have no need of this device.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
That's how I'm starting to feel about it as well but an SF exclusive for it would prolly pull me in, it rather sucks.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
The TV ads make it look like a wonderful Millennial friend machine. As a grumpy middle aged manchild with no friends, I have no need of this device.
As someone who primarily owns consoles for first and second party games (with very few Sega and Atlus exceptions), the fact that Nintendo development has finally been unified after 28 years is big for me. The portability also meshes well with PC and arcade games. Playing something even PS3 level (get that RE7 speculation out of here) while waiting for my daughter's soccer practice to end is compelling.

This is going to sound counter-intuitive, but I'm also excited about Zelda, because I'm not a Zelda fan. My favorite in the series is II. The fact that they really seem to be mixing up the formula may breath new life into it for me. I'm certainly not going to settle for an inferior version on the Wii U. I'm not at all happy about Hard Mode being locked behind a season pass though.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide

One is bound to disconnect the PR from the the everyday life console we'll get in the end, because the latter has immense potential for niche games, even old style ones in 2D. How many times I wished to have handheld-variety type of games, being ready to play big time on my plasma without compromises.

The Switch could initiate a breakthrough here, plus it's Japanese, which, together with the HD-vibration, opens the door for the most derange concepts commercial video game history has yet to record. My only apprehension concerns controls -- they just have to be better than those 3DS offers.

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
One of the things I love about the Nintendo brand is how fun the games can be. I like the ps4 I am currently playing FF14, Madden 17, BF1 and a few others. I put in about 4 hours a day of gaming retro and or new. However Mario kart is fun FF14 looks great but its long boring and the story appeals to a 14 year old more than to me. Nintendo just puts the fun factor in gaming and I love it and if anyone can direct me to a legitimate preorder I would be most appreciative as my wife and I want one, day one.

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
While I like that it is getting a SF game, the first person mode just looks...awful. Not sure what Nintendo or Capcom were thinking about this mode.

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
There were a couple cool trailers released today that are getting me excited to play:

Pocket Rumble - NGPC SNK fighter inspired! Always loved that style of sprite art:

Blaster Master Zero - OMG OMG OMG

If Nintendo keeps releasing titles like these, I'd have a perma-stiffy for this console.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Two two games alone have me actually wanting to pay for a digital download as does that Kingdoms game potentially too. Yooka and Laylee is supposedly physical and I'd buy it on there for that reason alone, otherwise I'll stick with my laptop/GoG as a preference on that one. Blaster Master 0 feels like an overdue apology for that Genesis sequel and doing more than the sorta remake/remaster that was on GBC (which isn't bad.) They stuck with a really nice style that almost feels like Blaster Master, a bit of Super Metroid 3 and LTTP all rolled into one collection side and visually speaking.